Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of North in 1984 ending our losing 11 (?) game losing streak in a dour mud slog at VFL against the Saints & then not long after (the following week perhaps) thrashing the Hawks (eventual Grand Finalists and reigning Premiers) by 10 goals at Arden St.

That Saints game was quite incredible. Didn't score a goal in the second half but managed to hang on to win by a couple of points in horrendous conditions. The Hawk win came out of nowhere I guess they were thinking about finals because we absolutely smashed them. I didn't think Hawthorn could win the flag after witnessing that. Should have also beaten eventual premiers,*, that year too but Bill Berry,after holding Paul Salmon to no goals, gave away a (dubious!) free in the last minute meaning we lost by a couple of points.

Bit envious of the Dogs younger players being leaders of their club and they are mostly in their second year of play.
While our younger players are in their 3,4 or 5th yrs and still cant play a leading role in our team.

Bad call, early call.

Winnable games for Collingwood and Gold Coast in the second half of the round next week would put a big group on 40 points, although both would need big wins to make up percentage on North.

Every week counts for a lot from here. Let's see how they cope with that pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No not really- their young mids are good.

Carlisle was taken in the same draft as black hmmm

Of course they are good - four top ten or equivalent f/s picks. But their "leadership" just saw them overrun, North-2013 style, so it's a bit early to start on the envy.

...so Freo and us smashed up...Cats pushed by GWS...is it possible that the Top 8 teams have increased their training loads...?

We looked flat and slow last night.

Heavy training loads are for teams three games clear on top ala St Kilda and Geelong in 2009.

Turn it up.

Fair go.

Give me a spell.

Heavy training loads are for teams three games clear on top ala St Kilda and Geelong in 2009.

Turn it up.

Fair go.

Give me a spell.

Well Ed and Derm on their FOX show just quoted the 'load up' theory re Fremantle who were running around with 'concrete boots' on yday and both seemed to think that it happens more not than coming into a bye.

But what would they know.

Carlisle has played on witches hats the last two weeks. Can't wait to see him against a decent key postion player

Of course they are good - four top ten or equivalent f/s picks. But their "leadership" just saw them overrun, North-2013 style, so it's a bit early to start on the envy.

Our players were in their 2nd yr in 2011 or earlier but some of them did have injuries so its an excuse.

Reckon our drafting dont like to take risks.

Contested players are the safest to take and thats all we take in most drafts.

Wish we looked at flashy/speedy players.

I look at our next week and feel nauseous... and we're not evening playing...

The dog watched how well GWS played last night.

Nekminit nauseous.

vomiting-dog-vomit.jpg

Our players were in their 2nd yr in 2011 or earlier but some of them did have injuries so its an excuse.

Reckon our drafting dont like to take risks.

Contested players are the safest to take and thats all we take in most drafts.

Wish we looked at flashy/speedy players.

One of the few interesting points I heard from The List Manager on his SEN spot was a week or two ago, talking about the rate of success of top ten draft picks in the past ten drafts. Something like 90% of inside mids taken top ten were successful picks, making them clearly the best bet, sliding down to about 30% for talls.

Winnable games for Collingwood and Gold Coast in the second half of the round next week would put a big group on 40 points, although both would need big wins to make up percentage on North.

Every week counts for a lot from here. Let's see how they cope with that pressure.

Add Adelaide in the mix. If they win, they go ahead of the Pies.

Add Adelaide in the mix. If they win, they go ahead of the Pies.

Isn't that game a lose/lose, from every point of view. Only good outcome would be an injury and report-riddled draw. (A thought I will keep to myself when I am at the MCG barracking with apparent enthusiasm for the Pies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back