Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked GWS' website out. 4 of the 5 articles in the auto-scrolling feature slot involve prizes/freebies.
Plastic piece of s**t. less than 10k members. Embarrassing how much money is going to them.
It's embarrassing watching their 'fans' at games. Biggest charade ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked GWS' website out. 4 of the 5 articles in the auto-scrolling feature slot involve prizes/freebies.
Plastic piece of s**t. less than 10k members. Embarrassing how much money is going to them.

I feel for the genuine fans, many probably on FB, but it is going to be a hard slog.

I feel for the genuine fans, many probably on FB, but it is going to be a hard slog.

I can agree with that sentiment, but mostly I think it's just a shitty situation. As a Tasmanian I know people here would welcome a football club with both arms (and wallets) open. I sincerely worry that the longterm view of increasing AFL support in Sydney simply won't work, and that GWS will ultimately implode. FFS Sydney is one of the most successful teams of the last decade, and they're in the s**t as it is.

I can agree with that sentiment, but mostly I think it's just a shitty situation. As a Tasmanian I know people here would welcome a football club with both arms (and wallets) open. I sincerely worry that the longterm view of increasing AFL support in Sydney simply won't work, and that GWS will ultimately implode. FFS Sydney is one of the most successful teams of the last decade, and they're in the s**t as it is.
Successful off the wallet of the AFL and prolonged benefits that give them a distinct squad management advantage over the entire rest of the comp.

The way the AFL hands out premierships by holding back traditional clubs until the franchisees all win won will make it so much sweeter when North put their fifth trophy in the cabinet.

Would've loved to have seen a stand-alone team in Tasmania. The reasons are well-known for not going down that path, but as a state they have contributed so much to our game and produced so many champions too.

Very harsh.
Probably. But what was also harsh was seeing an original Victorian team in Fitzroy be left to die a humiliating and demoralising death while thousands of died in the wool fans looked on and watched their beloved go to the grave. So as for GWS being spoon-fed everything by the AFL, f***'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back