Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Collingwood board is a terrific laugh.

They are going to experience what we did a few years ago.

If the likes of De Goey, Adams etc are in their best 5 midfielders, they are going to get a few spankings this year.

The Collingwood board is a terrific laugh.

They are going to experience what we did a few years ago.

If the likes of De Goey, Adams etc are in their best 5 midfielders, they are going to get a few spankings this year.
A terrific laugh? How so? Fans being excited about the youth? We're not expecting results this year. We know we're in for a long year. But I'll admit it's lovely beating the Hawks regardless of NAB Challenge or not. I'd much rather start the year on a good note than get smashed.

The reason I came over here was to get North fans perspective on the exit of Greenwood. I'd have him ahead of Adams and De Goey obviously but give both of them a year or 2 and Levi could be in trouble if hes not performing!

All the best for the year ahead. I've actually got a good feeling about the Roos this year. Roos v Crows GF. EARLY CALL!

A terrific laugh? How so? Fans being excited about the youth? We're not expecting results this year. We know we're in for a long year. But I'll admit it's lovely beating the Hawks regardless of NAB Challenge or not. I'd much rather start the year on a good note than get smashed.

The reason I came over here was to get North fans perspective on the exit of Greenwood. I'd have him ahead of Adams and De Goey obviously but give both of them a year or 2 and Levi could be in trouble if hes not performing!

All the best for the year ahead. I've actually got a good feeling about the Roos this year. Roos v Crows GF. EARLY CALL!

I more meant the Ziebell comments..............

In regards to Greenwood you'll get mixed reactions. Disappointment more than anything. Disappointment that he chased bigger dollars, and disappointment that he didn't think he had what it took to keep himself in the team.

Best of luck with him, but I have a feeling you might curse his name occasionally. He's not great at disposing the footy, which looked to be one of your weaknesses last year, and in the past he has had serious issues with team structures and the like. I just hope for your sake he didn't play above and beyond himself in the last year of a contract.

In regards to Greenwood you'll get mixed reactions. Disappointment more than anything. Disappointment that he chased bigger dollars, and disappointment that he didn't think he had what it took to keep himself in the team.

Best of luck with him, but I have a feeling you might curse his name occasionally. He's not great at disposing the footy, which looked to be one of your weaknesses last year, and in the past he has had serious issues with team structures and the like. I just hope for your sake he didn't play above and beyond himself in the last year of a contract.
Yeah I saw an article this week saying something like he always felt like he was right on the edge of being dropped. I just hope his 'standout season' wasn't a result of this and now takes the foot off the accelerator! If that's the case. I can see him being in the same situation he found himself in last year.
If foot skills are a worry. That does not help out cause! Biggest worry at Collingwood! Hopefully these kids can kick because very few of the current guys can!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do wonder how opposition supporters learn we are talking about their teams specifically. Just curious is all.
In this case I expect it's because this is the non-north thread, it's probably one of the first places opposition posters go to check out if we're talking about anything related to them, or if they want to ask a question as a non-north poster. I wonder if it would be worth having a stickied opposition thread, so that they can post queries etc there. Might even draw more opposition posters to the board, and provide us all with a bit more banter.

So I got invited to a fancy dress party next weekend. I'll be going as Tim Broomhead. I will be using the broom from the garage, and putting the pole down my shirt and pants, and the brush part over my face.

SApies it will be funny when De Goey comes out of contract. People will be like so is he De Going or De Staying.
Hahaha not bad! But please I just saw him for the first time last night! Lets not burst this bubble by talking about coming out of contract! Plays with his best mate in Darcy Moore, should be fairly happy for a while.

Hahaha not bad! But please I just saw him for the first time last night! Lets not burst this bubble by talking about coming out of contract! Plays with his best mate in Darcy Moore, should be fairly happy for a while.
Let's hope there are many Moore years ahead with them together.

I'm trying to be interested in the current game but I simply can't.

It is hilarious when people go bananas over the first pre-season (practice) game of the year and start talking about premierships. Reminds me in the 90s when Richmond would make the night GF (and get flogged), get their supporters all excited, and then produce one giant turd of a season or choke in the final round to miss the finals.

These are glorified practice matches to get some match conditioning for round one and give some fringe/younger players a run. The scoreboard is irrelevant, I mean these games are so irrelevant we've called them off early in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back