Oppo Camp The non North football discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please explain for those watching Hells Kitchen.

Or the Cornet/Lucic match at the French Open.

Although I did flick over at half time and they showed a replay of Goodes trying to win over some Carlton fans by doing some sort of war dance. He showed promise and a good sense of timing but I could only give him a 4/10. Fat 'Ed was lost for words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays better when gets s**t from crowd?

And usually slices and dices us up into 1000 pieces.

He used to destroy us. He's finished now. Half the player he used to be. They've got 15 blokes more dangerous than him.

Should have retired last year and gone into politics. The funny thing is, I'd actually probably vote for him.

But, play footy against my club, your ****ed campaigner.

He used to destroy us. He's finished now. Half the player he used to be. They've got 15 blokes more dangerous than him.

Should have retired last year and gone into politics. The funny thing is, I'd actually probably vote for him.

But, play footy against my club, your stuffed campaigner.

Yeh i wouldnt be writing him off yet...couple of more weeks of running into match practice he is just as likely to be as damaging against us ad much as ever.

But, play footy against my club, your stuffed campaigner.

Oh really.... Goodes finished? His recent stats suggest you're wrong. Another good performance - 21 possessions and 2 goals. He's definitely in Sydney's best 22. And if he was at North he would be in our best dozen.

As for the dance in the 2nd quarter - it was shown to him by an Under 16 indigenous team so he did it to gives the kids a thrill. Good on him.

Ed McGuire is carrying like a pork chop over a non-issue. Shut up Eddie and talk about the game. You're the only one who seems to be concerned about it. But then again, Eddie thought he should have been used to promote King Kong, so o_O

Ed McGuire is carrying like a pork chop over a non-issue. Shut up Eddie and talk about the game. You're the only one who seems to be concerned about it. But then again, Eddie thought he should have been used to promote King Kong, so o_O
Haha yeah who can forget Eddies massive stuff up on radio a few yrs back.
He is better of keeping it shut for sure..

No issue with Goodes doing an Indigenous dance or warcry.

Didn't need to do it directed at the Carlton fans though.

Agree it was provocative and if it hadn't of been a champion of the game he would have been torn to shreds by the media for trying to incite opposition fans.

No issue with Goodes doing an Indigenous dance or warcry.

Didn't need to do it directed at the Carlton fans though.

Agree it was provocative and if it hadn't of been a champion of the game he would have been torn to shreds by the media for trying to incite opposition fans.
This is pretty much my opinion as well. I don't mind that he did it, in fact I thought it was great. But it certainly shouldn't have been directed at the fans, particularly when it was quite violet as far as those types of things go.

Why? It's a footy game.

I don't care what colour his skin is.

He is a deadset flog.

Freedom of expression appears to be like walking on egg shells in the current environment. Footy's like pantomime in which there are heroes and villains, with the fans taking sides and displaying their emotions based on their leanings. The whole race debate the Goodes headlines have evoked is fine in the big picture but when he and his side play against us both he and they are the bloody enemy and I for one couldn't give a toss if our fans do or don't boo him or them. I just want to win the game and if I heard a racist comment directed towards him I'd report the fan for overstepping the line of what is and isn't acceptable. As for me I won't boo him unless he does something untowards and I'll instead revert to type and shout "BALLLLLLLLLL" and "GO CUNNERS" etc in reaction to events as they unfold. In a footy context f*** him and them. I hate the lot of them as they're the enemy standing between us and a very important 4 points.

Freedom of expression appears to be like walking on egg shells in the current environment. Footy's like pantomime in which there are heroes and villains, with the fans taking sides and displaying their emotions based on their leanings. The whole race debate the Goodes headlines have evoked is fine in the big picture but when he and his side play against us both he and they are the bloody enemy and I for one couldn't give a toss if our fans do or don't boo him or them. I just want to win the game and if I heard a racist comment directed towards him I'd report the fan for overstepping the line of what is and isn't acceptable. As for me I won't boo him unless he does something untowards and I'll instead revert to type and shout "BALLLLLLLLLL" and "GO CUNNERS" etc in reaction to events as they unfold. In a footy context f*** him and them. I hate the lot of them as they're the enemy standing between us and a very important 4 points.

Yeh fair call mate. If he did that war cry dance and directed it towards our members, would that be enough to get you to boo him?

The trouble i think people will have with this Goodes dance is that it is perhaps the first time i can recall (correct me) where an Indigenous public Australuan has been agressive in that type of display of body language.

Why some will be unsettled today is that it smashes up the perceived passivity that Indigenous are stereotyped as.

Sure beats the racism that Jim and Phil endured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back