The Official 2008 offended Shitfight Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 25, 2011
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Well with all the tension between Hawthorn and Geelong fans filling up the Bay. It's time we settle this discussion once and for all. Right here right now.

Are Geelong fans still offended about losing a premiership they clearly should have won? Did Hawthorn Bradbury their way to a premiership? Are Hawthorns supporters clinging to 2008 to much because they haven't beaten them since? Is Rioli better than Varcoe.....???

Personally I think Cats fans are happy with 3 flags and don't give a rats. I know I wouldn't....

If you have any poo now is the time to fling it.

Discuss!

Shitscray are at war with every year in history since 1954.

They be so offended, they shit snow for them last 57 years

Geelong are an awesome team - one of the best of all time.

Hawthorn won possibly one of the most amazing Grand Finals of the modern era, against the Cats at their peak.

Hawthorn have two Grand Finals to win though before catching up to this superteam.

That is all I got.

We're done with '08. It'll always sting a bit, like every other lost GF, but two flags has eased the pain immensely.

I actually don't mind Hawforn, just their supporters are the absolute worst. Such lowlife flogs who depend on an occurrence from 4 years ago for respect. Then sook when they get none :thumbsdown:

Varcoe is a star and much better than Thryil.
Hawthorn were in great form in the 2008 final series but Geelong butchered the ball in their forward 50 in the GF and Dawks made them pay. Geelong were a 6 goal better side and should have won.

The premiership is a bradbury because Hawks have been non competitive since.

I hated the 2008 GF on the day.... i thought we'd ****ed our chances royally of getting 2 flags out of a magnificent team... but you can't take anything away from Hawthorn, they saw their chance and they took it.

And then 12 months later we were in the same place as Hawthorn... we weren't the best side for the year, and maybe we probably should have lost... but when the door opened we took the chance and we won... it was epic. At that point i was happy that this team had achieved what it should've.

Then we had the Scablett/Bummer saga in a year when we probably should've played off in the GF... it appeared that all was lost.

To win last year was just gobsmacking, to take 3 in 5 after a 44 year drought is unexplainable, especially after the pain of the 90's was just rapturous.

4 out of 5 would have been unbelievable, but 3 out of 5 is sweet enough. Sometimes you just lose on the day to a better opponent on the day. End of story.

Geelong have 3/5 which is great, but until Geelong beat Hawthorn in a GF then Hawthorn supporters will continue to go on about it.

Geelong are an awesome team - one of the best of all time.

Hawthorn won possibly one of the most amazing Grand Finals of the modern era, against the Cats at their peak.

Hawthorn have two Grand Finals to win though before catching up to this superteam.

That is all I got.

Where've you been H2F??? MIA for far too long my friend!

Well with all the tension between Hawthorn and Geelong fans filling up the Bay. It's time we settle this discussion once and for all. Right here right now.

Are Geelong fans still offended about losing a premiership they clearly should have won? Did Hawthorn Bradbury their way to a premiership? Are Hawthorns supporters clinging to 2008 to much because they haven't beaten them since? Is Rioli better than Varcoe.....???

Personally I think Cats fans are happy with 3 flags and don't give a rats. I know I wouldn't....

Discuss!

Who really gives a shit we have a great rivalry these days and bag the shit out of each other,but at the end of the day we have both added silverware to our trophy cabinets,I suggest maybe you concentrate on your beloved Tigers.

Was years ago, I'm looking forward to 2012. We better team won on the day back in 08 but we need to back it up with another appearance in the GF.

Geelong are a great team and I have enormous respect for their team. Same can't be said for a lot of their fans.

Geelong supporters seem to be obsessed with Rioli though, even outside the cesspool that is the bay. Not sure where that has come.

Personally, after witnessing Geelong fans in there masses go up and cheer when Franklin appeared to have done his knee, I have little respect for them. Especially when Menzel went down with his knee there was almost silence from the crowd. No class.

Who really gives a shit we have a great rivalry these days and bag the shit out of each other,but at the end of the day we have both added silverware to our trophy cabinets,I suggest maybe you concentrate on your beloved Tigers.

Believe me I do concentrate on it.

I've noticed this for ages, there's underlying tension between these 2 groups of supporters. It's strong, very strong. Some more than others but it looks like a few have let it go and moved on. I hope I can help by getting their true feelings out in the open.

It's working already....:heart: Sort of!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was years ago, I'm looking forward to 2012. We better team won on the day back in 08 but we need to back it up with another appearance in the GF.

Geelong are a great team and I have enormous respect for their team. Same can't be said for a lot of their fans.

Geelong supporters seem to be obsessed with Rioli though, even outside the cesspool that is the bay. Not sure where that has come.

Personally, after witnessing Geelong fans in there masses go up and cheer when Franklin appeared to have done his knee, I have little respect for them. Especially when Menzel went down with his knee there was almost silence from the crowd. No class.

It comes from the over hype in the media,and the extent to which he is overate by some Hawk supporters on big footy.You can't seriously be happy with his out put at the moment.

No one gives a shit about you donut-punching arse bandits.

HAWTHORN has moved on but haven’t forgotten the painful preliminary final loss to Collingwood last season.
”Collingwood have been the best side in the competition for the last two years, without taking anything away from Geelong and their victory this year. Collingwood were the more dominant side,” Clarkson said.
So for us to serve it up to them like we did – we’re disappointed we that we fell short – there’s plenty of triumph and tragedy in footy and unfortunately we had the tragedy in this particular year,
Computer says no, my scrotum munching friend :(

Discuss!

Bingo. You nailed it right there. Some of us who have followed footy for more than 3-4 seasons however have got long memories, and well remember how Hawthorn supporters have "behaved" over a very long period of time. Well before 2008, put it that way.

There isn't any reasoning with them, so if they want to start arguments (and they do), while we have the ascendancy, they can cop it.

Thread has gone to shit. Awkward moment when no one actually hates anyone :cool:

Wouldn't say that. The hate is there, just warming up. There's some love too which is good to see.

Where's HP to argue about some meaningless stats and compare players for 3-4 pages.

We have also found out already everyone hates Collingwood...;) ( Already knew that )

Wouldn't say that. The hate is there, just warming up. There's some love too which is good to see.

Where's HP to argue about some meaningless stats and compare players for 3-4 pages.

We have also found out already everyone hates Collingwood...;) ( Already knew that )

Hate? :)

Geelong 07-11>>>Hawks of the '80s!!
3/5>>>>4/7!!!!!!
60%>>>57.2%!!!!!!!!

COME AT ME.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back