The OFFICIAL 2015 Preseason Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful day to duck down to training for a bit and check on the membership for 2015.

The group is pretty fractured at te minute, into guys coming back from rehab, guys loading up on running, new kids etc, so there were groups all over the place. Firstly, the guys I didn't see. Grima, Hansen, Daw, Brown, Thomas and Harper.

The new draftees were all working together on skills, handball initially via a target and then basic kick to kick. Mullett and Wood were with them, I'd say as guys to look to as an example. In the footage on the North site Wood looks to have bulked up. In the flesh this is confirmed. Very solid unit these days. Looking good. Durdin is a rake and will take at least 1,000 steaks. Preuss is the opposite, big lad but moves a little awkwardly. VW had a compression bandage on his thigh.

Black and JZ and Wellsy and Taz were running laps together, and doing various skill drills. Looked like Taz and Wells were a little further back in their prep by the amount of running they were doing. That said both look good physically. Wells is more think set than I can recall and Taz looks like a racehorse. JZ and Black look ready to get back into match simulation stuff.

Garner was running laps as was Benny J. Both pushing pretty hard in the heat.

The rest of the crew were doing match simulation drills, starting with a centre bounce or a throw in on the wing. It looked like they were not trying to implement anything new, just getting touch and skill into the boys more than anything. One team consisted of more senior players than the other and they were doing a good job out of the contest.
Points of interest:
Dal is silk. He and Boomer are really developing an understanding.
Swallow was in everything.
Atley did some exceptional things at times, then went quiet.
Dumont is coming along.
Loose is looking super fit.
Cunners was being played out of FF and makes Thompson look skinny. He is ******* huge across the back and shoulders.
Waite led well and took some good grabs.
Gibbo is the real deal.
Basti was relishing the contact in close, drawing contact before dishing off.
Beast gave Hunter a touch up out of FF.

The thing I took out of this quick glimpse was that I have not seen the team look so physically mature before nor on the ball skills wise this early. They will be ready to go from round one.

Any report on Higgins?

Any report on Higgins?
He was on the outside of the midfield set ups and did a few nice things, nothing special. Moving well and looks very fit.

Beautiful day to duck down to training for a bit and check on the membership for 2015.

The group is pretty fractured at te minute, into guys coming back from rehab, guys loading up on running, new kids etc, so there were groups all over the place. Firstly, the guys I didn't see. Grima, Hansen, Daw, Brown, Thomas and Harper.

The new draftees were all working together on skills, handball initially via a target and then basic kick to kick. Mullett and Wood were with them, I'd say as guys to look to as an example. In the footage on the North site Wood looks to have bulked up. In the flesh this is confirmed. Very solid unit these days. Looking good. Durdin is a rake and will take at least 1,000 steaks. Preuss is the opposite, big lad but moves a little awkwardly. VW had a compression bandage on his thigh.

Black and JZ and Wellsy and Taz were running laps together, and doing various skill drills. Looked like Taz and Wells were a little further back in their prep by the amount of running they were doing. That said both look good physically. Wells is more think set than I can recall and Taz looks like a racehorse. JZ and Black look ready to get back into match simulation stuff.

The rest of the crew were doing match simulation drills, starting with a centre bounce or a throw in on the wing. It looked like they were not trying to implement anything new, just getting touch and skill into the boys more than anything. One team consisted of more senior players than the other and they were doing a good job out of the contest.
Points of interest:
Dumont is coming along.
Cunners was being played out of FF and makes Thompson look skinny. He is ******* huge across the back and shoulders.
Gibbo is the real deal.

The thing I took out of this quick glimpse was that I have not seen the team look so physically mature before nor on the ball skills wise this early. They will be ready to go from round one.
storytime.jpg

Our saviour. Cheers BTron, that sort of info is gold this time of year.

Shame about Harper. Had hoped he was in good shape and giving it a real red hot go like Loose.

Good news regarding Basti.

View attachment 98003

Our saviour. Cheers BTron, that sort of info is gold this time of year.

Shame about Harper. Had hoped he was in good shape and giving it a real red hot go like Loose.

Good news regarding Basti.
Re Harper, just because I didn't see him doesn't mean he is not in good shape. Prolly just inside doing weights or on the bike.

towel situation?

hows the cafe coming along?
Towel situation under control these days.

And I inquired as to the location of the cafe at the membership desk, only to be met with a blank look of confused confusion.

Thanks BT.

Majak's in court today. The fact Garner was RUNNING laps is a great sign.
Cheers Toes. Interesting re Maj. Totally overshadowed by other court/tribunal activities today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And a pic of Phillyroo adorned in army fatigues, leaves and branches, with his face smeared with mud.
I was standing in front of a bush for about 10 seconds today when I heard '"Psst, move mate. I can't get a clear shot of Dal". It is clear now.

I was standing in front of a bush for about 10 seconds today when I heard '"Psst, move mate. I can't get a clear shot of Dal". It is clear now.

Heath's monitoring this thread. Time for a change of M.O. Phillyroo.

Points of interest:
Dumont is coming along.
Gibbo is the real deal.

Great write up B Tron ....... Juts one question: Do you think Harps might of actually been there but just couldn't get in your field of vision? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back