Nice Guy Adam

All Australian
Oct 13, 2004
Hobart
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pacers
I'm bored. My fantasy leagues should be drafting right now. To quell my boredom, so far I've been in eight live NFL fantasy drafts, Fantasy MLB (which I know nothing about), and I've even considered Fantasy NHL (I will, however, NEVER do Fantasy Golf. That's just wrong).

So, to quell my boredom until the lockout ends, I'm borrowing an idea from another US forum that I visit. Sixteen posters, twelve rounds, eleven roster spots and a coaching spot. The draft is serpentine, and there is a 24 hour time limit, which when reached will cause the draft to go on as planned until the offender is able to log on and make their pick.

The objective is to draft the NBA team that is most capable of beating all other teams in the competition. This means when a selection is made, career stats must be included, as well as justification of the pick.

Following the draft, the teams will then participate in a board-voted round by round elimination tournament, culminating in the two finalists facing off in a simulation through the What If Sports website. The finalists will be simulated in a five game series to ensure that the right team wins.

(Disclaimer: this is the pot calling the kettle black, but if you put your name down for this, please be committed to checking the site regularly to make your selections. I've been in fantasy drafts before where individuals haven't made their picks for days, and it's not fun. I've also been the individual that hasn't made their pick in a timely manner, so that's not fair either)

So, who's in?

Participants:
1. Nice Guy Adam
2. DutchRudder
3. dooley63
4. gridlocked_03
5. TigerFan
6. Deledio2Conca
7. Raff
8. Bugsy
9. Drummer
10. Shaucob_Burjan
11. Moo
12. greentree
13. Wickzki
14. Vitaldread
15. Messenger
16. Showbag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have a go if you need numbers, not looking good for the season to start on time

There's a spot for you mate. Just waiting for the remaining three spots to be filled by lockout-starved NBA fans, and we're good to go.

Sorry, but I don't think I will have enough time for this so will have to count me out. I'm not so good with the older players anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back