List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the patriotism in your post and don't get me wrong, I love this club as much as anyone, but this statement is the kind of thing that makes other supporters sit back and laugh at us.

We're not a powerhouse of the AFL, we're an unproven bunch with potential that's turned itself around and is on the way up.

You need at least a few of those cup shaped things in the cabinet before you can even consider yourself a powerhouse.
Other supporters are not laughing anymore, they are taking notice of rumors, speculation of quality WA players wanting in at Fremantle. In the
past these type of players would pick west coast, and supported them as kids, now they grow up wishing to play in purple.
We have the best player in the competition, arguably the finest midfield, all we are missing is a quality forward, and all the pieces of a dynasty
are falling into our lap.

Other supporters are not laughing anymore, they are taking notice of rumors, speculation of quality WA players wanting in at Fremantle. In the
past these type of players would pick west coast, and supported them as kids, now they grow up wishing to play in purple.
We have the best player in the competition, arguably the finest midfield, all we are missing is a quality forward, and all the pieces of a dynasty
are falling into our lap.
Dynasty?? Let's just focus on getting the one premiership first.

From 27:30, some commentary tonight on 3AW on the situation and speculation by their Sam McClure on where it may go. Is there a formal mechanism within the rules that provides a club a compensation pick if it releases a player as a delisted free agent? Never heard of that one before.

Why would Cam want to be any where near Western Sydney after those comments by Mathews . Gws have burnt their bridges, Cam might play AFL again but it certainly won't be in Sydney.

All this holier than thou attitude from supporters of other clubs and from clapped out media hacks is sickening.

McCarthy said he was home sick and requested a trade back home and as it turns out he was being honest. Why is he being regarded by some as being unethical or weak for this? As this sad situation has unfolded any person who can't accept his word on this is devoid of the minimum standard of empathy required to be called a decent person.

All clubs in the AFL have had to deal with the go home factor since the introduction of the draft and most have realised the best way to deal with it is to accept the player is probably going to go any way and act decisively early in the piece rather than adopt a static siege mentality.

Unfortunately this situation is now a player welfare issue rather than a trade story and the media need to realise they will quickly become part of the problem unless they wind back the hype and ridiculous commentary.

Heard rumour today of South Fremantle Trying to get McCarthy on board?
It's not a rumour it's a fact as Hayden Raith President of Sth Freo was interviewed on the TV last night in the Ch 7's Today Tonight section on Ch7 (compere of that section was Mark Reddings) and he said they would love to have him play at Souths.They also asked Kepler Bradley about being homesick and when he got bad with it he asked his Mum and Dad to come over to Melb.

He is coming home and he might play WAFL and he might be a brickie and he also might never play football again. But the sure as hell thing is he does not want to be in Sydney. GWS played the wrong tough man hand and lost . Why any one gives a toss about what GWS or Freo can gain or lose out of this amazes the crap out of me. There is a young guy in trouble who needs help from his family at home and the tough man key board warriors need to have a good hard look at them selves.

Spare me the piety please. He's not been conscripted to fight in the battle of the Somme, he's volunteered to play AFL football and he can walk away if he's changed his mind. Some perspective would be nice.

Spare me the piety please. He's not been conscripted to fight in the battle of the Somme, he's volunteered to play AFL football and he can walk away if he's changed his mind. Some perspective would be nice.
You're saying that like it's not a job that if he doesn't like the conditions of, he isn't allowed to want to change his environment. It's a job, he gets paid a salary; footy isn't a calling like a vocation. If I was shat off by a place where I worked, I change my place of work, but I keep doing what I am trained to do. Why can't Cam want that?

You're saying that like it's not a job that if he doesn't like the conditions of, he isn't allowed to want to change his environment. It's a job, he gets paid a salary; footy isn't a calling like a vocation. If I was shat off by a place where I worked, I change my place of work, but I keep doing what I am trained to do. Why can't Cam want that?

Because it is a condition of his employer that he goes to whichever branch office they send (draft) him to. Which he knew when he signed up with them.

Because it is a condition of his employer that he goes to whichever branch office they send (draft) him to. Which he knew when he signed up with them.
So why didn't that stop Tom Boyd from breaking his contract and going to the dogs? Why make an exception with Cam, when he could see half a dozen other kids leaving for other clubs last year?

Even the army would move you back for issues.

There will be more to discuss on this topic when it all comes out.

So why didn't that stop Tom Boyd from breaking his contract and going to the dogs? Why make an exception with Cam, when he could see half a dozen other kids leaving for other clubs last year?

Life is so unfair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam.McCarthy.Thread.

Not a drafting thread and most certainly not a Silent Alarm thread. This is now the third time I've asked for the discussion to remain on topic. Temporary thread bans for those who've continued to ignore those warnings in order to fling s**t everywhere.

Thread re-opened with much trepidation.

Thats the point you're missing ,he has walked away . His choice and really its his business if he wants to suit up again.

Work for Kennards Hire, if I got told 'Right you now work for Wangara or Joondalup' I'd definitely blow a lid and try to change that.

Obviously not the same, since of course I get to have a say in which branch I work at. But I would not be happy with that situation and try to get transferred to a branch more closer to home and try to do right by everyone so I get what I want without messing up my employer too much. If I couldn't? I'd quit.

Plus everyone has ignored that GWS let swathes of players walk out/shoved out for minimal or SFA gain this trade period. GWS has straight up shown they didn't give a flying toss about McCarthy's wellbeing and only that they their aggressive stance to building a winning list must be a show that stops for no one.

From 27:30, some commentary tonight on 3AW on the situation and speculation by their Sam McClure on where it may go. Is there a formal mechanism within the rules that provides a club a compensation pick if it releases a player as a delisted free agent? Never heard of that one before.

Some things need to be said behind closed doors. Poor form by Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back