Votes: 5 3.9%
  • GWS

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The crowd support will be 50/50, all non-Collingwood supporting corporates will be going for Brisbane
Your comment suggests you haven’t been to a Vic vs non-vic grand final. If you have, you would know that’s not the case.

I was there in 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and the crowd support is OVERWHELMINGLY in favour of the home team.

Collingwood vs Brisbane was always going to happen.

Collingwood in a canter next week.

Lions are a fantastic side, but playing the best team this season on their home ground with significant crowd support will be a bridge too far.

Would take a choke of the most monumental proportions for the Collingwood theme song to not be being played at 5.15pm next Saturday.
Why?

Your comment suggests you haven’t been to a Vic vs non-vic grand final. If you have, you would know that’s not the case.

I was there in 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 and the crowd support is OVERWHELMINGLY in favour of the home team.
True, but damn I was impressed by the West Coast fan's volume in 2018. Outnumbered but they came to cheer and tried/succeeded at times to drown out the "Collllllllllinnnnngwooooood" chant.

Take the time to read the post you quoted.
Just above the sentence you bolded.
That’s my reason.
Sorry, I didn’t read it thoroughly enough.

How has Collingwood been better than Brisbane this year? I reckon they’ve both been the two best, and hard to split them.

Especially since they’ve had the wood over us for a few years. Makes Saturday a genuine 50/50.

You don’t seriously believe crowds decide or influence Grand Final results, do you?

Imagine being in the top handful of sides the whole year. Better than 14-16 other sides in the competition, but then crowd noise influencing you on the biggest game of your life when probably 40%-50% is practically corporates.

Sorry, I don’t reckon it works like that.

Collingwood vs Brisbane was always going to happen.

Collingwood in a canter next week.

Lions are a fantastic side, but playing the best team this season on their home ground with significant crowd support will be a bridge too far.

Would take a choke of the most monumental proportions for the Collingwood theme song to not be being played at 5.15pm next Saturday.
This Brisbane side are around Sydney 2012, Fremantle 2013 , Sydney 2014 or West Coast 2018 level. Ahead of the other interstate GF challengers against a Victorian host following Brisbane's dynasty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back