News The Score: Ex-Tiger Kayne Pettifer to make professional boxing debut

Remove this Banner Ad

If anybody here happened to have the displeasure of meeting his old man then we would hope that Kayne has picked up some of his mongrel
He looked like a Bikie and was often looking for a punch up
Crossed his path five times and was drunk abusive and aggressive on all ocassions ( once to me )
Looks like Kayne is doing it in the ring . Just hope his old mans not going to be anywhere near the ring. As I reckon he'd jump in at Ny excuse.
On a serious note he wasn't a nice person

If anybody here happened to have the displeasure of meeting his old man then we would hope that Kayne has picked up some of his mongrel
He looked like a Bikie and was often looking for a punch up
Crossed his path five times and was drunk abusive and aggressive on all ocassions ( once to me )
Looks like Kayne is doing it in the ring . Just hope his old mans not going to be anywhere near the ring. As I reckon he'd jump in at Ny excuse.
On a serious note he wasn't a nice person

Forgetting something?

Maybe they could organise a Barry Hall vs Pettifer.

"Big bad bustling Barry Hall vs Kayne 'I bring the pain' Pettifer". MainEvent would be all over that. :cool:

Oh and hope he goes well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FORMER Richmond forward Kayne Pettifer will make his professional boxing debut next month.

The often maligned Tiger is stepping into the ring on December 13 at the Melbourne Pavilion on the Blake Caparello undercard.

Pettifer, who played 113 games between 2001-2009 at Punt Rd, has always had an interest in the fight game and recently approached Caparello’s trainer, Sam Labruna, about getting serious.

“We sat down and had lunch and he said he’s always been into boxing and has a passion for the sport,” Labruna said.

“He said it was something he had always wanted to do, to have a professional fight and was very keen to do it.

“We’ve been working together for a few weeks, he’s not going to be a world beater but he’s a good learner and goes alright.”

Pettifer, 32, will fight in the light heavyweight division over four two-minute rounds with his opponent yet to be named.

Caparello, a former carpenter and suburban footballer who is one of Australia’s most promising boxers, is returning to the ring after suffering the second loss of his career to undefeated Russian Sergey Kovalev in Atlantic City, New Jersey, in August.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/the-sc...e-latest-whisper/story-fnaqgujp-1227120294040

As you do...

Always am amused when those who think boxing is barbaric cheer at stuff like the vickery hit

At least in boxing you know what you are in for, and have chosen to go in the ring

Always am amused when those who think boxing is barbaric cheer at stuff like the vickery hit

At least in boxing you know what you are in for, and have chosen to go in the ring
And you train for it and are in superb physical condition. I have seen some training the MMA blokes do on Max's Muscle and its beyond belief how fit, healthy and tough these blokes are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back