The Sin Bin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 'life' ban is way too harsh for anything, seems like it was personal to me! IMO

Hey Duds, youre a blonk for getting banned for life, I for one will miss youre antics, bloody sooks need to toughen up though, its only words on a screen, not like youve posted someones home address and threatened to kill them....did you?
If you really upset someone that much, it should have been edited and highlighted instead of totally deleted, the backlash from all of us would have been enough to make you pull up, and if a life ban was warranted, so be it, but my guess is you bagged a mods friend, simple as that!
Nothing I say will bring you back mate, but I at least had to say my peace!..:thumbsu:

A 'life' ban is way too harsh for anything, seems like it was personal to me! IMO

Hey Duds, youre a blonk for getting banned for life, I for one will miss youre antics, bloody sooks need to toughen up though, its only words on a screen, not like youve posted someones home address and threatened to kill them....did you?
If you really upset someone that much, it should have been edited and highlighted instead of totally deleted, the backlash from all of us would have been enough to make you pull up, and if a life ban was warranted, so be it, but my guess is you bagged a mods friend, simple as that!
Nothing I say will bring you back mate, but I at least had to say my peace!..:thumbsu:

Sounds like the Dudley fella is a tool, shoulda known it was a mods mate.

Re: Random thoughts again

HAIL BLOODY HITLER!!!

you cant even make a bloody post about duds getting banned, check out the last cple of days discussion on the 'List Issues' thread, its been deleted back to the 10th, this boards losing me, the main board doesnt get censored for peoples personal pleasure like this, it feels like the screws reading youre mail in jail.(not that id know)...:thumbsdown:

I dont like our moderator, takes it too personal and thinks this board is all his, not ours!
(this post will be deleted fast and ill prob get a card, seeya all..:thumbsu:)

No I don't take it too personally. No I don't think this Board is my own. But what I will say is that for a long time a set of rules has been in place for ALL members be they Swans fans or visiting opposition fans to follow and that I and my fellow moderator Dan police it closely. If you fail to read the rules - tough luck, you don't like the way the board is run - tough luck, I'm not here to make friends.

I'm allowed to removed posts from ANY thread on the Main Club Board THAT ARE OFF TOPIC. Please tell me what in ANY way does the banning of Dudley from the Swans Board have to do with the List Issues facing the club going forward into this season?

NOTHING

Hence why said posts were removed. Also if you EVER bothered to read the rules of the Board (which I bet you haven't) you would of read Rule 4.

4. Stay on topic: Primarily we would like this board to be used for discussion relating to the Sydney Swans football club. If it's light hearted chit-chat you're after, we recommend you use "The Troy Luff Stand" because that is a sub-board created for Swans Fans for the sole reason of off topic discussion. We would appreciate it if this one was used if you want to post something off topic. If not we'll move it there for you.

I removed the posts and labeled them ALL as off topic, not "Dudley discussion can't have any of that". I have allowed it and in fact responed to it on The Troy Luff Board because that is where it because on the off topic Sub Forum. If you feel that it doesn't then I will close down The Troy Luff Board and go with only the Main Board and not allow ANY off topic discussion.

But thats not fair, thats not right and thats not going to happen. Because you know as well as I do that overeacting to something is not the way to go and personally your overreacting to me doing my job as a moderator and removing off topic posts on the Main Club Board as per the rules.

No I don't take it too personally. No I don't think this Board is my own. But what I will say is that for a long time a set of rules has been in place for ALL members be they Swans fans or visiting opposition fans to follow and that I and my fellow moderator Dan police it closely. If you fail to read the rules - tough luck, you don't like the way the board is run - tough luck, I'm not here to make friends.

I'm allowed to removed posts from ANY thread on the Main Club Board THAT ARE OFF TOPIC. Please tell me what in ANY way does the banning of Dudley from the Swans Board have to do with the List Issues facing the club going forward into this season?

NOTHING

Hence why said posts were removed. Also if you EVER bothered to read the rules of the Board (which I bet you haven't) you would of read Rule 4.

I removed the posts and labeled them ALL as off topic, not "Dudley discussion can't have any of that". I have allowed it and in fact responed to it on The Troy Luff Board because that is where it because on the off topic Sub Forum. If you feel that it doesn't then I will close down The Troy Luff Board and go with only the Main Board and not allow ANY off topic discussion.

But thats not fair, thats not right and thats not going to happen. Because you know as well as I do that overeacting to something is not the way to go and personally your overreacting to me doing my job as a moderator and removing off topic posts on the Main Club Board as per the rules.

Again, you are abusing youre powers as a mod!
I had a few beers after work last night, felt pretty bad about the fires etc, had a few rough days so I was a bit angry when I made that post, however, I revised my post after it was posted and thought I would delete it asap, I didnt want to have a go at you for trivial crap thats wasnt even my buisness, I just hate selecvtive censorship! My post wasnt up for 5mins, either was mr pbs, dont know if he deleted his own or not?
Anyway, when I logged on tonight, I was surprised that you managed to bring it back up?? Bad form mate, you have the power to delete whatever you want, I should have the right to delete my own post, and leave it deleted!!
I tried to do the right thing by you, and youve decided to make a point!
Youve brought my post back up 30 minutes after I deleted it, fair enuff Ill give you the benifit of doubt, youre post might have taken you half an hour to write, thats the only reason Ill forgive, but even thats a stretch, but Ill accept that just for peace sake, anyway no hard feelings from me mate, and I would be happier for you to delete all relevent posts on this matter, including youre own, everybodys read it, lets just let it go!

youre post might have taken you half an hour to write

Bingo!!

I saw your post basically as soon as you posted it and before you deleted it and therefore took the time to give you the answer to your post because you raised questions and points which I felt I should answer. When I posted my reply, I saw your post was deleted and having gone to the effort of replying to it I decided to undelete your post because I had quoted your post in my reply. I'm sorry that if undeleting your post upset you, but I only did it because I replied to a post you made. I do respect a person decision to delete there own post.

I'm not looking to ban anyone (unless someone does something to get themselves banned), run anyone out off the board or even kill off this board. Because I'm proud of this board and what it has become because of the people who use it and not of my moderation.

If people have any questions about how this board is run, please shoot off a PM to either myself or Dan and we will go out of our way to answer any problems or questions you might have. I wanted to as open as possible with the banning of Dudley because I knew most of you would be asking questions. I answered them and I will continue to answer such questions. But trust me I'm not hiding anything that will paint me in a bad light and Dudley's banning was earned and he has since proved that decision correct.

Before I joined i used to read bigfooty from time to time for a year or two.

It wasnt unfair to describe the swans board as the dead zone. Now with the amount of active users just starting to kick, which encouraged me to join and post please be careful not to destroy it by going overboard.

Please also be careful you dont jump at shadows.

Before I joined i used to read bigfooty from time to time for a year or two.

It wasnt unfair to describe the swans board as the dead zone.

I wouldn't use the word unfair, would say correct. It was a dead zone and really the only reason it jumped up was of people like the Roomies who though their own style of posting not only created a reason for this board to have a sub forum, but also brought to this board discussion on the Swans that ranged from normal matchday threads to reserves reports which in turn brought in other posters like bedford who lets just say liked to debate the issues surrounding the club. Let's not forget SouthSwans and her POTY which is another focus point of the point and will be heading into its 3rd year in 2009. That's what has led to the year on year on year growth this board has seen.

People have wanted to join this board because they have wanted to and as they do they have found something they liked about this board that was created not by a moderator but another member of this board. That's what make's this board so great.

Now with the amount of active users just starting to kick, which encouraged me to join and post please be careful not to destroy it by going overboard.

Trust me I have been a Moderator of this Board since the start of the 2005 Season and I know what I'm doing. I've banned just one person from here and I have no plans on banning or issuing infractions to anyone else. I have been open as to when I did what I did and I know its not a popular decision but it was a decision that had to be made because this was a person I have dealt with since 2003 on internet forums and they aren't all they are cracked up to be.

As I have said people with question are more than welcome to ask them via to myself or Dan (we do have two mods on here you know) and also if you have ideas for this Board (either the Main Board or The Troy Luff Board) then put them forward we are always willing to take on ideas and see them help this board grow. Because as much as I'm the moderator of this Board and Dan is the moderator of this Board we are here to help and basically run this Board for everyones benefit.

Please also be careful you dont jump at shadows.

I only had to deal with one one person and that matter has been taken care of. No one else is doing anything that is close to an infractionable offence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo!!

I saw your post basically as soon as you posted it and before you deleted it and therefore took the time to give you the answer to your post because you raised questions and points which I felt I should answer. When I posted my reply, I saw your post was deleted and having gone to the effort of replying to it I decided to undelete your post because I had quoted your post in my reply. I'm sorry that if undeleting your post upset you, but I only did it because I replied to a post you made. I do respect a person decision to delete there own post.

I'm not looking to ban anyone (unless someone does something to get themselves banned), run anyone out off the board or even kill off this board. Because I'm proud of this board and what it has become because of the people who use it and not of my moderation.

If people have any questions about how this board is run, please shoot off a PM to either myself or Dan and we will go out of our way to answer any problems or questions you might have. I wanted to as open as possible with the banning of Dudley because I knew most of you would be asking questions. I answered them and I will continue to answer such questions. But trust me I'm not hiding anything that will paint me in a bad light and Dudley's banning was earned and he has since proved that decision correct.

fair enough mate, but I still wouldnt mind my posts deleted on the matter, I chose to do that coz I believed I was a bit harsh, infact I came across as a bit of a prick, the other couple of post I also deleted, they were far more measured, but theyre gone and havent been put back up,thats where my 'selective censorship' comment came from!
Anyway, please lets just let it go, I think you actually do a great job that doesnt get the kudos it deserves, and really, I do like our mod (you I think), I was just letting off steam in the wrong place, and I tried to save a s**t fight by deleting them quickly, now I guess I look like the prick, well played sir! (just kidding)
Seriously, we are all on the same team I like to think!...:thumbsu:

P.S, looking forward to 'not' seeing all these posts within a day or so!

As for bedford debating issues surrounding the club, thats exactley what this board was intended for I would have assumed, and the sometimes grumpy old bastards football knowledge is second to none, especially on Swans issues and more importantly to me, South Melbourne issues!
I cant believe hes on a final warning to be banned himself, sure he might be a mods nightmare at times, but blokes like him make this board worth reading, even though he shits some of us at times, even me now and then, but that just makes reading/posting here all the more worthwile!

I noticed Roospoos has been given a red for having an alias, fair enuff thats the rules, same with some of my fav posters like Nicky etc, but the fact Id like to mention, if we are trying to make this board bigger and better, trying to attract as many posters as we can etc, these are exactly the kind of posters we should try and keep, you cant question their commitment to the board, they kept fighting for their rights to post!
Their behaviour at times was outside the rules, (Nicky I didnt understand at all though), but their passion and input was more than most, exactly what I like to read!
Life bans are too harsh, give them weeks, if bad enuff months at most, for passionate posters like them, it would be enuff to keep them straight!

P.S guys, if you do come back as an alias, dont use youre PM to tell people, although Nicky had me in stitches of laughter when she pmd me telling me about the 'debates' she was starting with her alias, even starting 'debates' with her friends!
I think thats how you get sprung, I dont think PMs are actually that private!

Can we have full disclosure to these questions in relation to the Dudley banning.

Was the complainant a moderator on another swans forum?

Is the bigfooty moderator who actioned her complaint also a moderator on the other forum?

do the two people concerned have communication in any way outside the said forums?

There is some feeling here in relation to a life banning of a regular poster who at times could be abrasive but hardly offensive. Could some relation to what was said to warrent the banning be included in replies.

The comment as I understand it was hardly at the punishable level, but if my understanding is incorrect please demonstrate to us.

Up to now I thought the swans board had been moderated terrifically but I suppose this incident has me questioning what happened and that any permanent loss of a genuine poster as opposed to a troublemaker.
It's not going to make a difference but thought the questions are worthwhile.

Can we have full disclosure to these questions in relation to the Dudley banning.

Was the complainant a moderator on another swans forum?

No.

Is the bigfooty moderator who actioned her complaint also a moderator on the other forum?

Considering I'm the moderator who gave Dudley the infraction and I've always been open about the fact I gave him that infraction and also open about the fact I'm a moderator both here at Big Footy and at RWO, that shouldn't be in question.

do the two people concerned have communication in any way outside the said forums?

I don't have communication of any kind outside of this forum or RWO with anyone who I don't attend the Football with in Melbourne or are my own close personal friends. So as not one of the above applies to the people involved in the complaint (person who complained and person who post was aimed at) involved in the post that saw "Dudley" banned, the answer is No.

There is some feeling here in relation to a life banning of a regular poster who at times could be abrasive but hardly offensive. Could some relation to what was said to warrent the banning be included in replies.

Threats of physical violence not enough to warrent a life ban and a life ban to all 4 aliases he was using? Really some of you have no idea what this person is like and has been like. I gave his plenty of chances, but of course the second the threats got involved, the matter was out of my hands.

The comment as I understand it was hardly at the punishable level, but if my understanding is incorrect please demonstrate to us.

Don't believe everything you get told by someone who in the end relies on threats of physical violence.

Up to now I thought the swans board had been moderated terrifically but I suppose this incident has me questioning what happened and that any permanent loss of a genuine poster as opposed to a troublemaker.

A genuine poster doesn't make threats of phyiscal violence, doesn't make up multiple alias, doesn't bring to a forum grudges against multiple people and doesn't post crap most of the time, a genuine poster adds something to a forum. You all don't know about this, I did and I played fair by Dudley since he first joined and I knew who he was. But I didn't ban him out of spite stright away. I let him post and let add to this board. But sure as day he couldn't help himself. That's what a troublemaker is and that why we aren't losing a genuine poster.

It's not going to make a difference but thought the questions are worthwhile.

As I said the questions are worthwhile and I'm always happy to answer.

Thank you Bez, giving you the shits lol.
I tell you what the end of Dudley has stirred up a fair bit of debate on this board, the refreshing thing is that it has been open by everyone and no one has been carded.
Robbie i think we all needed you to come out more and explain yourself like one of us and thats great, i have been a critic you know but if we all understand what we can or cannot makes life easier.
On the card system i have 2 reds, one i belive deserved the other should have been yellow, we all can blow off steam and post the wrong thing at times and we should have a system where a certain number of points, say like a demerit point system where if you have behaved they get reduced.
If you get to a certain number you might be banned for a month or even two but have a chance to wipe off points with good behavior.
Just my thoughts and thanks to Robbie,Cas and Bez for their honesty

we should have a system where a certain number of points, say like a demerit point system where if you have behaved they get reduced.
If you get to a certain number you might be banned for a month or even two but have a chance to wipe off points with good behavior.

The infraction system is in force Big Footy wide, not just for this Board and that is a system myself or Dan can't change it. You would have to take that up with the site admins. We understand like the rest of you that the more infractions you get the longer your bans are.

At last resort myself or Dan will remove access to the club board while not issuing an infraction but that is not a ideal outcome because we really don't won't to be blocking Swans fans from the Swans Board and we really don't want to be banning them from Big Footy either.

Cutting to the point, I might seem happy to issue infractions left right and centre but I only do it went the Board rules are broken. I don't do it just for the fun of it and if I do I certainly explain it to the person in the infraction and if the person wants a further explaintion, I'm happy to give one if their reasonable in their request.

I'll never issue infractions if you have an opinion, complain about how this board is run or even question my motives as a moderator. I will issue you with a infraction if you personally attack me, just like I would issue an infraction for any personal attack made against anyone on this board. I don't hold myself above the members of this board and never will.

Now I will leave this here for 24 hours, then I will move any and all posts from this thread on this subject to The Sin Bin at that time and then after another 48 hours I'll either close the thread or delete posts people want deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back