Toast The Singles Thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! I'm not sure the guy can do that on a date haha. What was so wrong about him Meb?

Hahaha this is a long story Jatz!

He was a blind date set up by my girlfriend. We chatted on the phone beforehand and he was impressed by my Simpsons references throughout the conversation so we agreed to meet up at a restaurant in a couple of nights' time.

First of all, he was late (an absolute pet hate of mine). He turned up in one of those beanies with ear flaps, a flanellette shirt, and baggy ripped jeans. I was in a black dress and heels. I asked him if he'd just finished work and he looked at me askance and was like, 'nuh'. Ohhhhhkay. I realise this is a bit shallow but make a bit of effort pls.

So we go inside and order at the bar. He orders a herbal tea (at a bar!!) so I felt funny about ordering wine, so I got a coffee instead. When the bartender asks if we're paying together or separately, he said 'together' and then turned around to grab a table. Fine, I'm an independent woman, I don't mind paying for myself. But he didn't even do the 'reach for the bill dance'!

We get to the table and the small talk begins. He asks what sort of music I like, and I start explaining that I listen to everything from Nine Inch Nails to Charlie Parker, and he scoffed at me and said 'what a cop out! Just pick a bloody genre'. That annoyed me. Then he asked me what I do for fun and I start rattling off the different sports I enjoy, and he interrupts with 'what?! You don't make any sense. I've never met a girl like you before. You turn up in a dress and heels and then tell me that you love sport? What are you really into?' That annoyed me too.

It was just arrogant behaviour that gave me the shits, and the final straw was when he told me that when I'm not smiling I have the 'world's biggest bitch face'.

Whoops, sorry, don't know who I confused you with there!

That's true. The worst kinds of first dates though are the drawn out ones over a meal or something if it's not going well. If it's going fabulously over a coffee then you have the option of extending, but if it's awkward then a whole dinner is excruciating!!!
If she orders a chai latte run
Strong bitter and kicks like a mule : coffee and women are perfect that way

when he told me that when I'm not smiling I have the 'world's biggest bitch face'.
You mean, that didn't make you want more of him?

tumblr_ly4u74Lye31qii6tmo1_250.gif

Weird!!

Last edited:

Oh yeah, I definitely agree.

Made the dinner mistake once, never again. That comes after first impressions!

Go with a coffee for a first date Jatz
Nice and casual, you can talk without having food in your mouth and there's no pressure on what might/might not happen after you're done with the coffee's.

Glad I'm not single, I'd have to start drinking coffee.

These are all good points I'd never think if

HD dating can be amazing fun and it can also be torture.

I've been on some great dates where you talk for hours and do everything you can to extend the date. One of my girlfriends says that she knew her husband was the one on their first date, when he made her go with him to buy art supplies and then she helped him make a birthday card for his sister. She thought it was so sweet that she fell in love with him on the spot.

I should have known that it wasn't going to work with my last boyfriend on our first date. He took me on that stupid ******* wheel (I'm petrified of heights), his car got towed because he parked in the wrong spot (cost over $400 to get it back) and then we went to the movies and watched Twilight (Benjamin Button was sold out) and he fell asleep. What a waste of three ******* years, that date should have been the end of it :p

First actual date with Mrs happydude was when I took her to see happy feet after I had a job interview.

But we had hung out a couple times before the date though.

First day I met her she was at school and me and a mate went there to catch up with other people we knew. I had a pizza and a teach cracked the shits at me to talking to them over the fence and I told her I was on public property and offered her a slice.

To be 16 again

I guess i just have a good screening process. Would never do a blind date (well except for the one time when i was 14 and went to the movie marathon at the cinema, and that actually worked out well haha), but yeah i envy you having the great stories to tell!
When I called my girlfriend after the horror blind date above she admitted that he was a friend of her bf and she didn't know him that well. She thought I'd like him because he had a beard....

When I called my girlfriend after the horror blind date above she admitted that he was a friend of her bf and she didn't know him that well. She thought I'd like him because he had a beard....

:D
That is seriously funny!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm always skeptical when people say yes we will get together but I'm rather busy at the moment. It may be true that both people are busy but if its left longer than two weeks, it isn't going to happen as something will always come up.

Glad I'm not single, I'd have to start drinking coffee.

These are all good points I'd never think if
You can have a hot choc or something. My ex didn't drink coffee and she drank a hot choc on one of our early dates.

I'd drink tea more often but... You go to a fancy joint and they serve you a tepid cup with a teabag in it. :(

For fancy pants cafés that easily go through $100-200 of coffee beans a week, many are too lousy to have 1/2 a dozen canisters of T2 above the counter. :cry:

I'd drink tea more often but... You go to a fancy joint and they serve you a tepid cup with a teabag in it. :(

For fancy pants cafés that easily go through $100-200 of coffee beans a week, many are too lousy to have 1/2 a dozen canisters of T2 above the counter. :cry:

You could always take the ladies to a hotel lobby lounge, like Sofi's at the Sofitel or the one at the Windsor. Because they have awesome high tea offerings they have a great range of leaf teas.

You could always take the ladies to a hotel lobby lounge, like Sofi's at the Sofitel or the one at the Windsor. Because they have awesome high tea offerings they have a great range of leaf teas.
Cheers! I took une amie française to the hopetoun tearooms in Collins St. Seemed ambient enough with dainty cakes. She wasn't a fan of lemon myrtle tea. :oops:

She's doing the euro backpacker thing in Alice Springs right now. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back