FTA-TV The Sopranos

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm, Artie was a weird character. Just a really pathetic man who was caught up in something that didn't really reflect who he was. I couldn't help but feel he was living a life he never wanted to live, and that his whole existence was to be treated like s**t. He's one of the biggest losers on the show.

Yes totally agree. He was on a tight leash from Mrs Artie.....she knew that he was out of his depth and the s**t storm if he ever got totally involved...which was highly unlikely.

I guess in a show where we are conditioned to root for guys like Tony then Artie is a loser but I don't pity him I empathise with him. Although he occasionally toes the line, a life of crime isn't what he wants and yet it often becomes entangled in his life through no fault of his own, like the fire at his restaurant.

I'm a fan of the episode where there is the credit card scheme at his restaurant, the ending shot of him cooking the rabbit is great and so is this angry speech

This one was one of the best early losers. Business is Business.

035.jpg

One of the show's greatest assets: music.
Did any show have a better soundtrack or use music better? I don't think so.

A tribute with my favourite song from the show (the song was a lot more powerful in the episode it appeared in):

One of the show's greatest assets: music.
Did any show have a better soundtrack or use music better? I don't think so.

Definitely. And using it from so many different sources which sets it apart from other shows.

Also reminds me of how many times we got that spine-tingling feeling at the end of episodes. So many memorable ones, Evidently Chickentown, The Captain, Wrapped in my Memory.

But it was probably Moby's When it's cold I'd like to die, at the ending of Join the Club that resonates with me as much as anything, that I've ever seen on television. I just love that episode and when the song comes over...gets me everytime.

Just got voted as the best TV series ever a few weeks ago by some poll.

What are some of the actors/actresses up to now?

Definitely. And using it from so many different sources which sets it apart from other shows.

Also reminds me of how many times we got that spine-tingling feeling at the end of episodes. So many memorable ones, Evidently Chickentown, The Captain, Wrapped in my Memory.

But it was probably Moby's When it's cold I'd like to die, at the ending of Join the Club that resonates with me as much as anything, that I've ever seen on television. I just love that episode and when the song comes over...gets me everytime.

Yep this is one of my faves as well...that flashing light on the horizon that he just looks at so dismissively....probably not ready to go home T.

Just got voted as the best TV series ever a few weeks ago by some poll.

What are some of the actors/actresses up to now?

I dunno man, maybe IMDB or Wikipedia might.

I tell you what though, Van Zandt has pissed on Sil a bit. I mean, I really think Lillyhammer could've been a good little show. It's a good premise but the character's are hollowed cliche and there's nothing gripping or harsh about it. Why Van Zandt played a character so resembling a fantastic one, in the best show ever, is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't a massive fan of the pilot.
You can very definitely see the tweaks made between ep1 and 2

I still really like the pilot. But you can tell, yeah, they did tone it down a bit. It's a little more Hollywood and glossed up. It's more straight down the line in terms of its editing and the way stories are told... less cliche?

They played the whole last season back-to-back on foxtel yesterday. Was good to watch it again.

- Loved the one when Tony is thinking of knocking off paulie on the boat - such a prick of a bloke tony
- Carmilla being a bitch to meadow's friend who she thought was a drop-out but had instead done something with her life - she was a twisted unit carmilla
- That journey song always reminds me of sopranos - great ending.

Carmilla was a campaigner of the highest order. Tony as just as bad but he was spot on whenever he pointed out to her that she had no right to be moralistic about anything. Most of them were as it was an extreme case of nice guys finish last.

They played the whole last season back-to-back on foxtel yesterday. Was good to watch it again.

- Loved the one when Tony is thinking of knocking off paulie on the boat - such a prick of a bloke tony
- Carmilla being a bitch to meadow's friend who she thought was a drop-out but had instead done something with her life - she was a twisted unit carmilla

Season 6 just kicks off amazingly (Members Only) with Burroughs Seven Souls opening.
Meadows friend Hunter is actually David Chases daughter fyi.
BTW it's Carmela not Carmilla.

How is Tony any worse for knocking off Paulie? Paulie killed Cookie! But honestly, great acting from Paulie there when he displays that look on his face and the way he starts talking to Tone once he realises what's going down. I guess that's the nice thing about this series in a weird way, some blokes just know it's coming. That prick was lucky to get back to shore in that episode... loved the way they kept that suspense, let it go, but of course it was hanging over Paulie until the end of the show. Amazing writing.

Meadows friend Hunter is actually David Chases daughter fyi.
Ah woah, I never knew that. It makes sense now though, such a jew girl.

How is Tony any worse for knocking off Paulie? Paulie killed Cookie! But honestly, great acting from Paulie there when he displays that look on his face and the way he starts talking to Tone once he realises what's going down. I guess that's the nice thing about this series in a weird way, some blokes just know it's coming. That prick was lucky to get back to shore in that episode... loved the way they kept that suspense, let it go, but of course it was hanging over Paulie until the end of the show. Amazing writing.

Ah woah, I never knew that. It makes sense now though, such a jew girl.

David Chase is Italian (De Cesare) and his Daughter played an Italian American?

If you recall that episode "Remember When", after returning from lamming it, Paulie wakes from a nightmare and asks "will i be ready when it's my time?" The next scene we see Paulie pumping iron with a look on his face that says it all. Not every scene needed dialogue to convey it's message.

David Chase is Italian (De Cesare) and his Daughter played an Italian American?

If you recall that episode "Remember When", after returning from lamming it, Paulie wakes from a nightmare and asks "will i be ready when it's my time?" The next scene we see Paulie pumping iron with a look on his face that says it all. Not every scene needed dialogue to convey it's message.

Don't forget the coffee machine he then have to them too. Almost like a 'thanks for not stabbing me with a fishing knife' gift.

I have no idea why I said carmilla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always felt paulie was the saddest of the main characters, classic example of the tough, not very bright guy struggling to cope as his career stays still whilst others (bobby, chris) advance past him.

On the boat whackings, I loved the episode where hesh freaks out because tony owes him a lot of money and some guys show up and try and convince him to take a boat ride with him- after he flatly refuses they're like, man what a rude prick, we try and do something nice for him, what's his problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back