FTA-TV The Street.

Remove this Banner Ad

l couldn't find a thread on this show.Anyone seen this UK drama called the street? l watched one of the eps on-line though ABC,l thought it was alright l'm starting to like more and more UK/BBC shows.what l can see its based on a street hence the name and they base a ep or so and each house in the street on there problems/dramas etc.

Is that the one that is on Sunday night if so yes i have seen it.
I found some eps boring but i liked the one about the Taxi driver and the asylum seeker

Excellent show, as you'd expect from Jimmy McGovern.

Towards the end it trailed off in quality but the first two seasons were simply outstanding examples of quality, if humble, English drama.

Timothy Spall and Ger Ryan were both superb through their runs and it was pretty cool seeing Lee Ingleby, aka Bacchus from George Gently, playing a real scumbag.

From Wiki

This was the final series to be made due to cutbacks at ITV Studios in Manchester (ITV produce the series, although it is shown by the BBC)

Also from Wiki

The Street won both the British Academy Television Award for Best Drama Series and RTS Television Award for Drama Series twice, in 2007 and 2008.[It also won two International Emmy Awards in November 2007 for Best Drama and Best Actor (Jim Broadbent).The second series was nominated for the Best Drama prize at the 2008 Rose d'Or ceremony. Though it did not win, it received Special Mention from the jury.In November 2010, the third series won the International Emmy Award for Best Drama and Best Actor (Bob Hoskins).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back