The Triggy/Fages Handover

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
So much for Fages to learn, so little time. Maybe we could catalogue some of the important stuff in case his recorder fails or he misses some notes. He'll only have a few minutes to delve into Triggy and extract over a decade worth of knowledge and experience within a performance-based industry. What I hope is that Fages will always be able to come here in case he needs a bit of help from his predecessor, but is too embarrassed to call him.

1. Lead the league in average length of tenure for staff. Having a stable and comfortable workforce is much more important than recruiting high performing individuals because they can sometimes challenge other employees to be better themselves. The only way to improve an employee is with a Harvard short course or a 6 month study trip. Be vigilant, some people interview as mediocre but end up being much, much better, identify these individuals and move them on ASAP. Always, always promote from within before looking elsewhere. I've set this up beautifully for you, you don't need to make any changes whatsoever.
2. Keep your website hits up. In the internet age there simply cannot be strong on-field performance if you don't have an elite website.
3. Do not trust player managers. They tell you that they're doing what's best for the club. You will eventually find out that they're actually working for the players. Although, Dmac and Radar's managers are the exception to that rule. They have always looked after the club to the detriment of the boys, you can trust them.
4. If you do a good job here, you might be like me and the AFL might promote you to another club. It used to be hard for me because I worked for the SANFL and the AFL. It's easier for you because you only report to the AFL, but if you do that well, you could take over from me when I transfer to the AFL department in 3-4 years. I'll keep you in mind if you want, but you'll owe me one.

Trigg (rambling): "... and so really, the most important thing to know about this club is..."

Fagan: "I'll be okay thanks Stephen. All I really want to know is where I can get a good coffee."

Trigg: "Ha, well the best coffee is from..."

Fagan: "Stephen please, I get the best of everything. Of course I already know where to get the best coffee."

Trigg (flustered): "Oh... So what would you like to..."

Fagan (looking up from his phone): "Are you still here? Security!"

I hope we lobby the afl VERY strongly to have trigg removed from the AO renegotiation. Even Smart with his toss-pot attitude would be better than Trigg in a negotiation. Triggs first love is himself and how he can personally benefit. God help us if there's any future board or employment opportunities for him amongst the combatants.

I hope we lobby the afl VERY strongly to have trigg removed from the AO renegotiation. Even Smart with his toss-pot attitude would be better than Trigg in a negotiation. Triggs first love is himself and how he can personally benefit. God help us if there's any future board or employment opportunities for him amongst the combatants.

Or failing that, you'd think a guy who has spent over a decade running banks would be somewhat decent with numbers. But no, apparently the best option is for the CEO of a rival club to handle a negotiation that effects us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back