• Non-Statistical Brownlow Medalist

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Founder of Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • David Copperfield

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confusing that those decisively inferior mids are also the best subs in the entire league. Its almost as if its not decisive at all.

I'm not really sure how they compare as subs to the players being used as subs in the rest of the competition has any bearing on how those players rate against two of our own star midfielders.

By which I mean it's not remotely relevant at all.

NT Rabbit - yes, I don't think Smith or Sloane should play purely as forwards but I'm talking about whether we rotate them through the forward line.

Maybe this just doesn't happen as much as we thought it would under the interchange cap and sub rules.

Thompson can't play as a foreward at all anymore - way too slow.

Don't forget a forward who can't kick it further than 40m. Haven't had one of them since Kenny Mac hung up the boots.

Wasn't much of a junior cricketer either Crowstar

He was the Atherton to your McGrath

Um, Matty Wright. I was a fan of Matty Wright when he first came to the club. He sort of reminded me of Brett James (Brett James mention counter - 5698).

Funnily enough, I blame his change from #47 to #11 (Brett James' number) as where it all went wrong.

Early on I was convinced he was going to be the next big thing. His 37 touches and 2 goals in the game against Freo cemented that for me. I was proud to call him "my boy." I was so sure he was going to be big that I passed up the opportunity to buy a bigger named player's match day guernsey and spent 150 dollarydoos on one of his. 47 is a cool and unique number (in terms of AFL) and I was looking forward to him making it famous.

A week later he posted on twitter that he'd changed to #11, devaluing (I thought at that pre-Jake Kelly time) my guernsey, and he was never the same again.

I think I was born 10 years too early, if concepts like "non-statistical role players" and "team care" were valued more than effective disposal, finding the footy and kicking goals back when I was a teen, then I think I might have been a shoe in for the #1 draft pick... ;)

I don't know, I think I'm the world's best 'non-statistical' footy player.

Funnily enough, I blame his change from #47 to #11 (Brett James' number) as where it all went wrong.

Early on I was convinced he was going to be the next big thing. His 37 touches and 2 goals in the game against Freo cemented that for me. I was proud to call him "my boy." I was so sure he was going to be big that I passed up the opportunity to buy a bigger named player's match day guernsey and spent 150 dollarydoos on one of his. 47 is a cool and unique number (in terms of AFL) and I was looking forward to him making it famous.

A week later he posted on twitter that he'd changed to #11, devaluing (I thought at that pre-Jake Kelly time) my guernsey, and he was never the same again.

I wanted to post a video of Brett James here, but I couldn't find one. Shameful effort by You Tube.

Instead I'll post this video of Shane Heal, complete with what sounds like Minnesota's version of FIVEaa commentary.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure how they compare as subs to the players being used as subs in the rest of the competition has any bearing on how those players rate against two of our own star midfielders.

By which I mean it's not remotely relevant at all.
You can play dumb if you like...ill believe you.

So we can lock this s**t thread now??

This thread isn't s**t, you know what is s**t? Matty Wright, shittest footballer as far as the eye can see.

The big headed spud can have fun moping aimlessly around the half forward line in the SANFL. Is there a lower level he can be dropped to from the SANFL side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread isn't s**t, you know what is s**t? Matty Wright, shittest footballer as far as the eye can see.

The big headed spud can have fun moping aimlessly around the half forward line in the SANFL. Is there a lower level he can be dropped to from the SANFL side?

Stop undermining one of our players in every thread I look at.

I'm never one to take any notice of what players, coaches, officials say in public. They're never going to publicly slam one of their teammates or anyone else at the club. Having said that, there can be a bit of context, which I have no idea of. But I would presume that the reason there was even discussion is that it was brought up by the interviewer because a) they think that Wright has been s**t, or b) the club has asked for the question, so that Tex can provide a pre-prepared answer. This could either be because a) he's about to be dropped and we remain far too nice to just drop someone without suggesting that they're in All-Australian form, but just need to work on a couple of minor deficiencies in the 2's or b) they're trying to change public perception because this plodder will not be dropped in the foreseeable future.

Ok, so it was certainly answer a) to to question 2.

same.. I got a guernsey with 11 on it

The thing that first got me questioning Wright after what was thought to be his breakout season I'm 2012, was one statistic mentioned in AFl Prospectus. It looked at which midfield combinations were our best. From memory Danger, Sloane, Thommo and Danger, Sloane and VB believe it or not were our best, but basically any combo with Wright fared poorly.

Having seen this stat, it has been no surprise that Wright has since been completely phased out of all midfield rotations after being seen as a key part of our midfield in 2012. I just can't understand, that with so many promising young players in our squad, that it's taken so long to phase him out of the side, when he clearly lacks damage with his disposal.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around your hate for Wright and the fact your username has his name.:confused::p

Well you see, I like Wright initially, then I discovered he sucked.

I'm glad I never went down the path of using my favourite player as my username. Otherwise my username history would probably look something like:

Modramania
Wild Welshy
Mattner Magic
Mad Maric
Titan Tippett
You Spin Me Wright Round

Brilliant Betts

Back