Random The weekly list - Movie Portrayls of real people

Remove this Banner Ad

it took me 37 years of butchering vanilla slices before I figured out how to cut it without it turning into a squished mess. Turn it on its side! cutting downward like that, the base on the side keeps it all intact
Holy ******* s**t.
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

People cut vanilla slices?
Lol I imagine it's more prevalent with parents? I certainly wouldn't cut mine if I didn't have to! Although I've often gone halves with desserts with the missus because I don't eat much dessert, I don't think I'd share a vanilla slice ;)

images

hows this one pweter.. art!! like the coloured layered sand bottles..

thoughts on profiteroles? or choux pastry in general?

I love a chocolate éclair - but how can you possibly eat something that is built in such a way that the filling oozes out the end after a bite

Wow, but where's the sponge? Only a small amount buried in the bottom. Looks impressive but it has flaws.

As for choux pastry, I love chocolate and coffee eclairs. I also love a good cream puff of which I had a few after dinner last night at the mother-in-law's place.

Wow, but where's the sponge? Only a small amount buried in the bottom. Looks impressive but it has flaws.

As for choux pastry, I love chocolate and coffee eclairs. I also love a good cream puff of which I had a few after dinner last night at the mother-in-law's place.

I was talking to your former teammates the other day who said you indeed played like a cream puff

I was watching QI the other week - they were doing their routine casual racist tirade of the French....

anyhow, they said that the French refuse to accept the existence of custard, to them it doesn't exist, so much so, the French call it crème angliase (English cream). they don't actually have a word or translation for the word custard.

I love custard.

I was watching QI the other week - they were doing their routine casual racist tirade of the French....

anyhow, they said that the French refuse to accept the existence of custard, to them it doesn't exist, so much so, the French call it crème angliase (English cream). they don't actually have a word or translation for the word custard.

I love custard.

A good quality custard tart is so underrated it's shameful. Very short short pastry, rich decadent custard, gentle sprinkle of nutmeg (not too much) - what's not to love?

A good quality custard tart is so underrated it's shameful. Very short short pastry, rich decadent custard, gentle sprinkle of nutmeg (not too much) - what's not to love?

hot pouring custard on xmas pudding - mmmmmmmm its just a pity you have just stuffed three different roasted meats and vegetables in there before hand. Way to make something so good a torture..

hot pouring custard on xmas pudding - mmmmmmmm its just a pity you have just stuffed three different roasted meats and vegetables in there before hand. Way to make something so good a torture..

I have Christmas Pudding with "Yes please". It was my Grandpa's response to being asked if he wanted ice cream, custard or cream, the answer lives on in our house as meaning "I'll have all 3 thanks".

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My 10 year old self would've had this as number 1 - Broken Glass Pudding

upload_2017-9-5_8-44-21.png

My nan used to make it for me quite often and lordy did I love it.

I last had it when I was about 15 or so and I found it sickly sweet, it was simply too much.

My 10 year old self would've had this as number 1 - Broken Glass Pudding

View attachment 411944

My nan used to make it for me quite often and lordy did I love it.

I last had it when I was about 15 or so and I found it sickly sweet, it was simply too much.

first i've ever seen of it!!!

at first look I reeled away in horror...

you should go to mexico and have some mole

chocolate savory dishes then chocolate dessert. heaven?

Hmm not sure about chocolate savoury dishes.
I remember the Mexican restaurant in Essendon (I think it's closed now) had a dessert called "Death by Chocolate"
A good way to go.

1. A good trifle
2. Chocolate souflee
3. Creme brûlée
4. Tarte tatin
5. Pudding (bread pudding, summer pudding, bread and butter pudding)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back