Minecraft The World - Original BF MC Server

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, what a constructive few days I've had. I found what appears to be a largely uninhabited island and built a house on it.
Father Jack 's place is pretty much pure west of spawn. Essentially you go over Mikipiki's bridge, past that old cobble base someone made 75 years ago, past his food farm in the middle of the bay, further on to Jabso 's original hut in that little desert (restored and safed a little now) and keep going across the water via a kind of archipelago.

Yeah, it turned out to either be not an island or simply much bigger than i thought. I don't explore much as i get lost and subsequently dead too easily.

When I spawned for the first time I just followed the setting sun until I found what looked like a nice quiet unoccupied patch of land.

Long story short, back in High School (1980s) my bus trip was 75 minutes, each way. Two of us - to pass the time rather than study pffft - would draw up floorprints of mansions, and fill rooms with little keys and traps and monsters etc ... and then test the other with a "exits North and West" kind of "Fighting Fantasy" ripoff. I happened to keep all the maps and am creating a mansion from the biggest of them.

It's entitled Ventura House (I can't remember the name of the busline so I'm using Ventura as a placeholder til I find out).

Take a good look at this early map cause once the roof's on it's gonna be hell to navigate!
ERiCVUk.png

Heh I dunno if its quite that extensive. But don't go in on your last food stamp, true. I am building it with very easy to source materials : cobble, spruce wood and birch wood. All the wood's done now, actually, and the plantations will have to go soon. The stone slabs for the roof are the tedious part, I have a heap of cobble, and the trees are my fuel to gas it, but it's just a pain the arse to place it all with an fps rate of between 13 and zero.

Hey fellas. I finally decided to buy Minecraft for PC. Spoken to Chief and I'll be joining the server (I think :confused:).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When are you coming back to us, Mirakzul!?

Been crazy busy recently, since heading back into the office after the Grand Prix I've been lucky to leave work by 7pm most nights and, evening classes and assignments for my studies were sapping any other free time. I'll try and jump on next week if possible, I'm currently working on my final assignment for the semester and I'm attending a conference until Sunday, after that I fly out for Brisbane on Monday morning.

I just sprinted for 3 Minecraft days all prepared, headed in one direction searching for just clay. But a dog would have been nice too.
I used all 64 watermelons and had to rely on pigs, cows and chickens to survive. I never found any clay but after ages I found a giant hole which led to an abandoned mine shaft. It was massive, had 2 spider spawners at the entrance, then so many tracks and caves to go by. Found a chest with some diamonds in it, was about the become the best cave I've ever found. Then out of no where all these creepers fall and just explode on me.
I will never find that cave again.

s**t like that makes me want to quit Minecraft....:p

PS. If anyone has some clay please let me trade something for it. All I want to do is make 2 pots!!
I will give you a diamond for some.

Thanks heaps to whoever to put the sign trail to the clay. It was so much more fun rather than finding a chest full of it.

I made my pots, and I'll show you why is was so important next time we're on together.

I just sprinted for 3 Minecraft days all prepared, headed in one direction searching for just clay. But a dog would have been nice too.
I used all 64 watermelons and had to rely on pigs, cows and chickens to survive. I never found any clay but after ages I found a giant hole which led to an abandoned mine shaft. It was massive, had 2 spider spawners at the entrance, then so many tracks and caves to go by. Found a chest with some diamonds in it, was about the become the best cave I've ever found. Then out of no where all these creepers fall and just explode on me.
I will never find that cave again.

Got to write down them coordinates son!!

Thinking of getting Minecraft buuuut, not sure what I should really expect myself to be doing.

I know the options are almost limitless, but what are some fun things to do in Minecraft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back