Things about your club you'd change/don't like

Remove this Banner Ad

It is unsettling being top of the Premier League.

It actually is. 7 games in, on top is not what it's cracked up to be. I like to compare it to a staying horse race.. the leader at the start usually gets overrun when it comes to the crunch. I'd prefer to be 3rd or 4th at this stage and save our best form for January onwards and chase down the leaders then, to be honest. I'd love to be more positive about Arsenal's title aspirations but when I look at our squad and its lack of depth, I just can't be.

Football is in no way like horse racing. I agree with you on squad depth, another striker is defo needed.

Obviously it isn't.. just the title race I feel will be similar to a horse race this year.

Chelsea/Manutd to finish strongly.

It actually is. 7 games in, on top is not what it's cracked up to be. I like to compare it to a staying horse race.. the leader at the start usually gets overrun when it comes to the crunch. I'd prefer to be 3rd or 4th at this stage and save our best form for January onwards and chase down the leaders then, to be honest. I'd love to be more positive about Arsenal's title aspirations but when I look at our squad and its lack of depth, I just can't be.
This is one of the dumbest things I've read

50% of the ownership of the club back to the fans. (i know it'll never happen but this thread is for dreaming i guess).
hell i'd give up challenging for titles year in year out if it meant chelsea didnt have to rely on the russian maniac. supported them before they were premiership contenders and will support them long after (if roman ever does leave).

also get a program of somebody loitering around the ground asking fans what they want/think, much like arsenaltv do.

I feed off the fact that a majority of the posters on this board with mainstream opinions, including you, disagree with me on most things.

I'm too indie for you guys
Better get back to Brunswick Street then and sip on your soy latte.

And there are mainstream opinions, and then there are idiotic opinions, like yours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better get back to Brunswick Street then and sip on your soy latte.

And there are mainstream opinions, and then there are idiotic opinions, like yours.

It's all about Smith Street...

Idiotic? I like to think of them as individual. Opinions that generate discussion. If there were 1000 Cruyffs on this board it would be a complete circle jerking snorefest.

Cool story.

tallshortheadcutoff.jpg

Before the start of the season, I would've said replace Valdez at all costs but to be honest, I'm having conflicted feelings now :confused: I reckon he's been more that solid so far this season and I would be sad to see him leave.

That said, would've loved to see Thiago Silva at centre back replacing Puyi. Unfortunately, another legend who just can't get on the park anymore :( will be remembered for being a defensive fortress, scoring diving headers at most crucial times and that long, curly hair.

:D

Do you hate your fans as well? Ours have to be some of the worst, I'm sure of it.

I can only go by what family members tell me and from what I read on forums. Empty stands and no chants, lots of depressos and lads wanting to act tough because they watched Green Street or Cass. It's not all down to the current situation, even before then they only had a few songs and a loud drum banging every 5 seconds that they had to get rid of because of all the complaints. Maybe my expectations are too high...not sure.

What are the Leicester fans like?

Anfield's atmosphere. It's decent against the top 4 teams, against anyone else and all your hear is the away fans chanting 'where's your famous atmosphere' or 'you'll never get a job'. It really has become embarrassing.

Gee fecking wiz, where do you start -

Our debt
The Glazers
Moyes's transfer window, team selections, tactics and substitutions....fecking puzzling!
Ashley Young - diving backyard bully who is not really that good.
80% of our home fans - fecking think they are in church (love our away fans tho)
Anderson - fat, unfit twat. Will never see out a full season
Starting Ryan Giggs - The man is a football god, but I cringe now when he starts

Thats it for now, will add more as they come to mind

Gee fecking wiz, where do you start -

Our debt
The Glazers
Moyes's transfer window, team selections, tactics and substitutions....fecking puzzling!
Ashley Young - diving backyard bully who is not really that good.
80% of our home fans - fecking think they are in church (love our away fans tho)
Anderson - fat, unfit twat. Will never see out a full season
Starting Ryan Giggs - The man is a football god, but I cringe now when he starts

Thats it for now, will add more as they come to mind
Cringeworthy when a 40yo winger starts as CM for us in the Champions League

I've got another: the fact that we don't get enough of an allocation for away games. We always sell out our away allocation, we deserve more than ~2600 tickets

Supporters of teams that travel should be rewarded.

I've got another: the fact that we don't get enough of an allocation for away games. We always sell out our away allocation, we deserve more than ~2600 tickets

Supporters of teams that travel should be rewarded.
I agree with that but only if it is not at the expense of the home supporters (as in a sell out). If the ground isn't full then I completely agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back