This club makes me laugh... all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

ivan rassmussen

Premiership Player
Jun 28, 2007
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sometimes it's a delirious laugh, like early in the last quarter of the 85 prelim when we hit the front, or late in the 97 prelim when we still led...

(Many) other times it's just in pure frustration.

Still other times it's a maniacal laugh whilst I sit in a corner hugging my knees and rocking backwards and forwards - like, you know, after the siren in 85 and 97.

Then there's the pure comedy - like the the 2014 team selections.

And of course, there's the supporters - especially the BF ones like me, who lurch madly from one emotion to the diagonal counterpoint as the club fails to adopt all our outrageously extreme opinionated suggestions/demands.

I'm glad I support a club that can take itself seriously, but also troll all of its supporters by laughing at itself and us.

I'm laughing right now, in fact, but I'm not really sure why - maybe it's that this season promised so little, then so much, and now I'm trying to work out if it will promise anything at all.

I love Footscray (aka Western Bulldogs), it's in my blood, and in my brain, and in my heart, but **** me, just one year in my lifetime, can I laugh a laugh of pure emotional fulfillment? Please, just once...

Sometimes it's a delirious laugh, like early in the last quarter of the 85 prelim when we hit the front, or late in the 97 prelim when we still led...

Still other times it's a maniacal laugh whilst I sit in a corner hugging my knees and rocking backwards and forwards - like, you know, after the siren in 85 and 97.

And of course, there's the supporters - especially the BF ones like me, who lurch madly from one emotion to the diagonal counterpoint as the club fails to adopt all our outrageously extreme opinionated suggestions/demands.

I'm glad I support a club that can take itself seriously, but also troll all of its supporters by laughing at itself and us.

I'm laughing right now, in fact, but I'm not really sure why - maybe it's that this season promised so little, then so much, and now I'm trying to work out if it will promise anything at all.

I love Footscray (aka Western Bulldogs), it's in my blood, and in my brain, and in my heart, but **** me, just one year in my lifetime, can I laugh a laugh of pure emotional fulfillment? Please, just once...

We did a fair bit of damage to the brand on Sunday. I hope that the coach and match committee realise that.

We did a fair bit of damage to the brand on Sunday. I hope that the coach and match committee realise that.
I walked in to the TAB and got all the, what a sh1t club we are, we shouldn't have sacked Macca he "masterminded" the win over us yesterday, we shouldn't get beaten by the Dees (this from a Tigers suporter, didn't we beat them and didn't they lose to Melb :rolleyes:), Cordy's sh.., etc etc. Everyone was all over us when we beat the Swans and with our other great wins, BUT you're only as good as your last performance. Ch 7 saying why would we put them on Friday nights.

Life wasn't meant to be easy, otherwise we'd be either born into or decide of our own free will to barrack for Hawthorn.

As much as an emotional investment as we have in the club, the ups and downs that we are forced to endure are a mere trifling in the greater scheme of things, or as the kids like to say these days "first world problems."

Its Monday, yesterday no longer feels like a bad result at all and like the true Son of the West that I am hope, springs eternal.

In other news, I was recently diagnosed with Pollyanna Syndrome.

Life wasn't meant to be easy, otherwise we'd be either born into or decide of our own free will to barrack for Hawthorn.

As much as an emotional investment as we have in the club, the ups and downs that we are forced to endure are a mere trifling in the greater scheme of things, or as the kids like to say these days "first world problems."

Its Monday, yesterday no longer feels like a bad result at all and like the true Son of the West that I am hope, springs eternal.

Bucket please.

Take a Bex mate , it's never going to happen.
The sooner you realise it , the sooner you get on with the rest of your life :(

Thanks mate , at least I got something out of the week end.
I at least know what Pollyanna Syndrome is now :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have it any other way. And I still have the hope of the optimist in me which I hope will have a reason to exist soon. Plus I am fairly young in human years (which I guess is still old in dog years).

You my friend have Pollyanna Syndrome , welcome to the disease !
Not sure there is acure as yet ?

Are you Bob's ghost writer?

I'm so sorry to hear that mate. Is it terminal?

Ivan, I too wait for The Day.

I've gone from riding the emotional roller coaster to a state of zen-like belief that we will see The Day, I will still sleep easy because the trail is the thing.

the old timers (like me) will know the reference

ken-bruce.png

Ivan, I too wait for The Day.

I've gone from riding the emotional roller coaster to a state of zen-like belief that we will see The Day, I will still sleep easy because the trail is the thing.
I'm not sure it's an emotional roller coaster. More like an emotional bungee jump (with a frayed bungee rope).

Amen brother.... and keep taking the medication ;-)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back