Strategy Those little superstitions...

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not a superstition, but does any one else drink really quickly when watching the game? When watching from the couch with the beers, I will not drink ever as quickly as when we are playing.

Unfortunately this has consequences. Just ask the GF about post 08, 2013 GF.

I was the opposite. Drank very little 08 and 13, had a fair bit during 12.
Late night aside, I won't be drinking much should we make the 14 GF.

I was the opposite. Drank very little 08 and 13, had a fair bit during 12.
Late night aside, I won't be drinking much should we make the 14 GF.

Yeah I need to slow down during games. I was in standing room last year behind city end goals and I had a bar 10 metres behind me. I woke up with a black eye Sunday morning and to this day I have no idea how I got it.

It's always my birthday that weekend (29/9), so I usually half-plan a GF/ Birthday party.

For the previous 2 years (2012-13), I've left it until I find out if we've made it before organising the party. By that stage another mate has usually organised his own GF party, which most of my mates will go to anyway, but I don't jump the gun in case we don't make it, so I leave finalising it or telling anyone (including my wife) until after the Prelim.

Just a little superstition but it's worked the past 2 years, and usually I get 1 or mates over anyway, as well as my 8 year old Hawk-supporting son, so ends up just fine. :)

Gameday -
Hawks socks on
Coffee before work in Hawks mug
Coffee at work in Hawks mug
1 Hawthorn Pale Ale 20 mins before the game (Beautiful drop btw)

Got to get me some of those beers, a mate gave me a six pack for GF day which I polished off during the game...which we won! Its a sign!

Got to get me some of those beers, a mate gave me a six pack for GF day which I polished off during the game...which we won! Its a sign!
No s**t!
I missed drinking the beer when we played Freo Round 21 and we lost.

I'm so sorry for costing us top spot guys and girls. :(

Yeah I need to slow down during games. I was in standing room last year behind city end goals and I had a bar 10 metres behind me. I woke up with a black eye Sunday morning and to this day I have no idea how I got it.

:eek:

Hopefully you at least remember the game and post match celebrations?

Have not been to a losing game wearing my compression shorts (started wearing them to help an injury heal)
Only game I didn't wear them: Easter Monday this yr,...

I always swore that I wouldn't hit the ales too hard if I saw us win a premiership live because I'd want to not run the risk of forgetting things. Last year I ended up getting politely asked to leave the Corner Hotel at about 2 am after being a bit too inebriated and joyous, by their estimation anyway. Still remember everything though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a new one after tonight. Won't be drinking beer next week. Drank a beer on the first quarter and one in the last. I would have blamed myself.

Gonna wear my regular 2013 guernsey when watching the GF. Have worn it the last 3 times we beat the swans (was on holiday without it when we lost to them).

wearing my 2013 premiers guernsey, i have worn it to games this year and we havn't lost one. lets do this!

I am the opposite. I got the Premiers guernsey (I assume you mean the one with the players' names on the front) and noticed that when I wore it during games we ended up losing them. When I wear the away guernsey from last year, we always win.

I am sure you can work out which guernsey I am wearing at the G this Saturday :)

One to break. In 2012 at the GF parade Adam Goodes held onto the cup until Hodgey let go of it. This was a legacy from Brett Kirk who as a co-captain in 2005 did the same thing. The following year ( Barry Hall I think) let go of the cup first and they lost to WC by a point. I have no doubt this information will be passed onto Keiren Jack and Jarryd McVeigh. Under no circumstances should Hodgey release his grip on the cup before a swans players does at the GF parade. This will completely $uck with there minds/ego/superstitions. Is there anyway this message can get to the club/Hodgey?

One to break. In 2012 at the GF parade Adam Goodes held onto the cup until Hodgey let go of it. This was a legacy from Brett Kirk who as a co-captain in 2005 did the same thing. The following year ( Barry Hall I think) let go of the cup first and they lost to WC by a point. I have no doubt this information will be passed onto Keiren Jack and Jarryd McVeigh. Under no circumstances should Hodgey release his grip on the cup before a swans players does at the GF parade. This will completely $uck with there minds/ego/superstitions. Is there anyway this message can get to the club/Hodgey?

Post it in the official hfc account

Remove this Banner Ad

Back