Tigers commit to lead on Gender issues

Remove this Banner Ad

But it's almost always the man who is providing the lifestyle and expected to do so. If he were to suggest he was halving his income and downsizing to a smaller house and second hand car how do you think his partner may react? I actually agree that we can all manage on far less than we think, however many people have a mortgage to pay and that is their reality. Blaming the men for being afraid to talk about issues they know their partner will refuse to address is like blaming a woman for choosing a partner who abuses her.

Women aren't all driven by material things, we are perceptive but guys don't talk enough about their feelings. Girls are team players too!

But it's almost always the man who is providing the lifestyle and expected to do so. If he were to suggest he was halving his income and downsizing to a smaller house and second hand car how do you think his partner may react? I actually agree that we can all manage on far less than we think, however many people have a mortgage to pay and that is their reality. Blaming the men for being afraid to talk about issues they know their partner will refuse to address is like blaming a woman for choosing a partner who abuses her.
Yep but surely in a mature relationship, it would be discussed and sorted out between the couple. Who would come home and announce 'i am quitting full time work' etc-surely it is something that is worked out to the mutual satisfaction of both parties and what is best for the household etc. Of course it is still more often the man who keeps working because that is how it has operated for a long time, and the mother is more suitable in the early days of a child's life.
Why do you keep assuming the woman will refuse to address these issues?

Women aren't all driven by material things, we are perceptive but guys don't talk enough about their feelings. Girls are team players too!

Of course they are not. You cannot make a blanket statement about any group -I spoke of some personal stories. My own beautiful wife has shared the load our whole life and stepped in when I was seriously ill. She is magnificent in every way. I have more female friends than most men because I work in a female dominated workplace. I love their company and consider them to be dear friends. Sadly our society makes generalizations about men all of the time and almost always negative ones.

Yep but surely in a mature relationship, it would be discussed and sorted out between the couple. Who would come home and announce 'i am quitting full time work' etc-surely it is something that is worked out to the mutual satisfaction of both parties and what is best for the household etc. Of course it is still more often the man who keeps working because that is how it has operated for a long time, and the mother is more suitable in the early days of a child's life.
Why do you keep assuming the woman will refuse to address these issues?

Many things would be calmly discussed in a mature relationship. Sadly there are many relationships where this does not happen. These men love their wives just as their wives love them but there are certain subjects that can't or won't be broached. I have never assumed the woman will refuse to address the issues. I told you factual stories in which specific women would not address the issue of work. I am sure there are otherwise good husbands who won't address aspects of their relationship which make them feel uncomfortable.

And here come the quotas...

Did you know genderfuild otherkin make up .008% of the population but only .0002% of CEOs, directors, video game developers and other cushy jobs that are either cool and/or high paying?

Did you know the white supremacist cishetriarchy actively oppresses genderfluid otherkin and other People of Oppression (PoOs for short) through the horrors of institutionalized reality, facts, and biology?

Did you know genderfluid otherkin and PoOs are routinely FORCED by SOCIETY to take up useless gender/feminist studies degrees instead of becoming leaders of fields with unjust levels of PoO participation?

You can help right now by taking time out of your day to feel really s**t about something you have no control over, is actually the result of other peoples decisions and wont make the slightest bit of difference anyway.... Besides being able to say we are 'moving forward'.

Last edited:
th_popcorn.gif

Of course they are not. You cannot make a blanket statement about any group -I spoke of some personal stories. My own beautiful wife has shared the load our whole life and stepped in when I was seriously ill. She is magnificent in every way. I have more female friends than most men because I work in a female dominated workplace. I love their company and consider them to be dear friends. Sadly our society makes generalizations about men all of the time and almost always negative ones.

Pics of wife and/or female friends?

- Common Belief they should 'fit' into the culture rather than the culture adapting
Why should the majority change for the minority? Footy is footy .. You should fit into the footy culture because it is what it is
It was created 150 years ago and people love it because it is its own culture, stop trying to accommodate it so everyone can get involved
I think you've slightly missed the point here. No-one is saying the football department should become less football-y. They're saying it should be less male.

Workplaces dominated by one particular demographic - whether male, female, caucasian, or whatever - tend to develop a culture in which that demographic's typical personality is seen the benchmark. I've never worked in a football club, so I can't speak for that, but I have worked in a male-dominated corporate sales team, and it tended to define "good salesperson" as "good man." That is, there was less respect for the women regardless of their performance because they didn't go out to the T**ty bars with us or make the same jokes or deal with conflict in the same way. We had the idea that good salespeople were loud and aggressive and crude - not because that actually got the best results, but because that was who our best salespeople had always been in the past, and who we thought they had to be.

A woman in our sales team wasn't just expected to perform, she was expected to perform like a man. And some of them did, to varying degrees. But I'm sure it was difficult, and I'm sure our team would have performed better if we'd been able to let our female sales reps just be who they were.

There is this idea with assimilation (sexual, racial, whatever) that okay, we should let them in, but only if they act like us. That's still really hostile. When you're in the "us," it doesn't seem like it, because it's how you act naturally, and how you honestly think everyone should act to do a good job. But it's not necessarily true, and it hamstrings your minority hires. You have to not only let them in but also let them use their strengths.

Last edited:
You should continue to be allowed to act like the 'us' , provided you allow the them to act like the 'them' without pregidous

That's what needs to fixed

Not forcing the us to be like them
Yep, that's the exact idea. Take a look at all the quotes at the bottom of the article you linked; none of them are saying men should act like women. They're saying they want women to be able to act like women without being dismissed as irrelevant.

"This organisation is built on being male and built on a culture of masculinity that means excluding women, that's what they're about. It won't change unless there is serious commitment to it and a recognition that the position isn't 
'why can't more women fit into our environment' – but instead – 'we've got to change our environment'."

"You don't ever relax. It's not like a vigilance so much, but just a constant awareness that you are different."

"You know you have made it as a woman in footy when you have learnt to stand up and pee, because there is no alternative offered at the grounds."

"Men are described as passionate and boisterous, and if women don't find their voice and get silenced, it is seen as their own fault because 'this is how it is' in footy. Of course, I forgot it's your game...I'll make the f**king lamingtons shall I?"​

You should continue to be allowed to act like the 'us' , provided you allow the them to act like the 'them' without pregidous

That's what needs to fixed

Not forcing the us to be like them

no nickgrant. Reverse discrimination and sexism is called Political Correctness, which is a big :thumbsu: in the western world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back