Tigers Pre-Season 2015 - Open Training Friday @ Lavington

Remove this Banner Ad

Batch is our best intercept mark.... I'm excited ... Hopefully in for a big year. Confidence will have a huge impact

Underrated post. Good call nut. I have rated batch because the only thing thats held him back IMO is his engine and the ability to keep at optimal performance when he is tired. Looks like he is trying to rectify that. He has a few natural abilities we are desperate for in the backline. He has a great ability to read the play so his defensive/intercept marking is elite. Has a fantastic kick and more importantly is not afraid to get hit.

Im excited too!

Underrated post. Good call nut. I have rated batch because the only thing thats held him back IMO is his engine and the ability to keep at optimal performance when he is tired. Looks like he is trying to rectify that. He has a few natural abilities we are desperate for in the backline. He has a great ability to read the play so his defensive/intercept marking is elite. Has a fantastic kick and more importantly is not afraid to get hit.

Im excited too!

Do you think he could play the Newman role as the second HBF/ push up the ground backman? Or is he best served as a fourth tall.

With Astbury coming back in, you would think that one of Grimes or Batchelor would need to make way. Though, if one could move to that role (and I think Grimes could potentially) it would make our defence that much better.

Underrated post. Good call nut. I have rated batch because the only thing thats held him back IMO is his engine and the ability to keep at optimal performance when he is tired.
After that look in the EF,He'd want to get his tank bigger.

Great, Reece needs to work on his engine and it's a very important year for him, hope he got a rocket during trade period and uses that as motivation, like the kid but appears to need to work allot harder

Do you think he could play the Newman role as the second HBF/ push up the ground backman? Or is he best served as a fourth tall.

With Astbury coming back in, you would think that one of Grimes or Batchelor would need to make way. Though, if one could move to that role (and I think Grimes could potentially) it would make our defence that much better.

Anyone can play the Newman role.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You bet he can. If you remember when he got put on the list, most thought he was brought in to replace Newman when he retired.

You bet he can. If you remember when he got put on the list, most thought he was brought in to replace Newman when he retired.

Biggest concern for me with Batch in this role is whether he actually has the intuitiveness to run off his lines, and break them. He is more at ease playing off his own man and floating in as the extra tall ala Mick Naxwell.

Well he might introduce that part of his game, he was definitely working on his speed in one of those videos. I think he's trying to add another string to his bow so he can offer more to the team and cement a spot. Great attitude.

After that look in the EF,He'd want to get his tank bigger.
Agree not sold on him yet. Has a long way to go ,but at least he's pulling his finger out
Probably has one life left
I'm more excited that after last year most of our kids have taken the initiative to work on their fitness
Reece was training over a month ago by himself when he went back to WA.
Hope it all transfers to on the field with success

Agree not sold on him yet. Has a long way to go ,but at least he's pulling his finger out
I'm more excited that after last year most of our kids have taken the initiative to work on their fitness
TI was you that said he was looking much leaner and fitter a few weeks ago and it was obvious he had done alot of work?

Yep.Batch had stagnated after his first year,Good too see its not only Cotch thats hitting the track early.
Hopefully that translates onto the field.

Yeah has lost a lot of lasagne flab. Now he needs to put a bit more muscle on
Can't believe his beard growth rate though.

Beards grow faster if you exercise regularly ;)

Actually true

Yeah has lost a lot of lasagne flab. Now he needs to put a bit more muscle on
Can't believe his beard growth rate though.

Good to hear.

I am glad his beard growth rate impresses you, that clears up alot for me :)

Biggest concern for me with Batch in this role is whether he actually has the intuitiveness to run off his lines, and break them. He is more at ease playing off his own man and floating in as the extra tall ala Mick Naxwell.

Disagree... He reads the play well. All depends what licence he has been given. I'd like him to play loose and back himself more. I don't think he will ever be a close in shut down defender ... And he is wasted in that role. Take the game on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back