Tippett Multi Club Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put in other thread but how would we view:

Tippett + Douglas for Redden + Polec?

OR

Tippett + 24 for Redden + 8?

The only reason i add another of our players in the mix is Brisbane would be loathe to give both players without a decent mid in return. For mine, Douglas is a poor mans Redden so makes up for the mid shortfall but also our shortfall in giving away the most valuable of the 4 players listed above.

Not sure which of the 2 options above I'd prefer...probably the first one as i really think we could do with Polec's outside run and skill, though his defensive side may worry Sando.

Re: Brad Crouch and Luke Brown...

If it involved a 3 way with WC I would want to end up with Lycett, Redden and a mid 1st round pick

McKernan shows glimpses of being the type of player that Tippett showed to be in the second half of 2009 but its a MASSIVE risk on our part.

Excellent point...and I'm not sure that McKernan will ever be up to that level. If he had a half of Tippett's intensity then maybe but he just seems so docile.

Hmmm.

Throw in Ebert and it would be tempting.

Am i missing something with Ebert?

I'd only rate him as blunt steak knives at best.

Lycett and Redden would have to spark interest though, as you would hope one of Lycett or McKernan would end up being a reasonable replacement for Tippett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am i missing something with Ebert?

I'd only rate him as blunt steak knives at best.

Lycett and Redden would have to spark interest though, as you would hope one of Lycett or McKernan would end up being a reasonable replacement for Tippett.

We wouldn't get Lycett, Redden and a mid-round pick IMO

Lycett and Redden we might get though. Ebert was just the steak knives to balance it.

In this situation we hold the upper hand. Tippett is contracted until 2012 and has not declared an interest in going home in the immediate future. Meanwhile Brisbane have declared an interest in Tippett.

This allows us to feel around and see what we can get for him without commiting to anything. If an exceptional deal comes up that we cannot refuse, then we have the ability to accept it.

One would assume that we're keeping an eye on the Clarke situation - if Clark gets traded, you'd think Brisbane would be a lot more keen for Tippett and thus more willing to give up quality for him.

Better to wait until that unfolds and put our energy in the Maric/Armstrong trades for now.

This is a good situation for the football club to be in.

Completely agree.
If Brisbane dont offer something exceptional deal wont happen.
Brisb are probably prepared to offer 2 first rounders and an average player.
we probably want more...
Its a matter of how far brisbane are prepared to go to get Tippet?
They are desperate for someone like him but cant see them trading Redden or even Polec.

Tippett for 8 and polec offer from lions would make me sit down with tips with a contract extension. He signs, he stays. He declines, pull the trigger.

This I agree with

If Brisbane come to us with pick 8 + Redden or Polec for Tippett, I'd sit down with Tipp and find out what he wants to do and put an extension before him if he doesnt want to sign it then pull the trigger on the trade. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Crazy Vossy were to offer us that type of deal late on Monday.

This I agree with

If Brisbane come to us with pick 8 + Redden or Polec for Tippett, I'd sit down with Tipp and find out what he wants to do and put an extension before him if he doesnt want to sign it then pull the trigger on the trade. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Crazy Vossy were to offer us that type of deal late on Monday.

He wont.

Anyone else get the impression that Brisbane kept asking at the start of trade week and our simple "no", as reported, was being ignored? So in order to stop the asking, we turned around and gave a scenario where we might consider the trade, knowing that what we were asking was very, very high and was pretty much a hypothetical?

Brisbane have gotten to save face with their fans, as they say they tried but Adelaide were unreasonable.

Anyone else get the impression that Brisbane kept asking at the start of trade week and our simple "no", as reported, was being ignored? So in order to stop the asking, we turned around and gave a scenario where we might consider the trade, knowing that what we were asking was very, very high and was pretty much a hypothetical?

Brisbane have gotten to save face with their fans, as they say they tried but Adelaide were unreasonable.
Yep! :thumbsu:

That is exactly how I read it! Its like having this nagging kid bugging at you to go to the park for kick an a catch on a day when its pissing down. Then you tell them if they clean their room, eat all their veggies, brush their teeth and read a book for an hour you would do it! Except its too high a price for them to pay so they just find something else to entertain themselves with. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back