Free Agency Todd Goldstein [Joins Essendon as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Statistically a top 5 ruck in the competition this season, ahead of your boy Briggsy.
on what metric?

all the champion data boffins have been frothing about briggs since he took the first ruck role at gws so i assumed by most statistical measures he would have been ahead of goldstein

Statistically a top 5 ruck in the competition this season, ahead of your boy Briggsy.

By what metric? I’d like to think I’ve shown I’m not a salty North fan earlier in this thread, think Goldy has a lot to offer you guys - but I can’t think of any statistical metric that would have Goldy in the top 5 of rucks anymore.

After some googling apparently the Player Ratings system from the AFL have Goldstein as the 28th best player, and 3rd best ruck, in the comp. He has equal ranking points with Charlie Curnow.

I love Goldy and his service, but clearly not.

On the other side, if you believe those rankings, he is Essendons 2nd best player.

if he was willing to go across to essendon on a 1 year deal i dont understand why north did not offer him a 1 year deal and paid him whatever he wanted to meet cap floor
We didn’t guarantee first team minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back