Free Agency Zaine Cordy [Joins St Kilda as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm perplexed, Doggies wants a 30 odd year old Liam Jones over a 25 year old premiership player. Hope Treloar can play FB.
Alternatively, we're prioritizing a proven above average key defender over a bottom of the barrel barely good enough for VFL key defender. Love Cordy but he's nowhere near our best 22 next year despite how poor our defensive stocks are

Darcy has gone past him based on what?

Gardner is terrible and ridiculous to say he was better than Cordy.
Gardner was top 10 in the Best and Fairest so the club rates him comfortably ahead of both Keath and Cordy currently.

They have confirmed there will be no FA compo for Cordy.
This shows that we have nabbed him for a next to nothing money wise, and nothing trade wise. I’m fine with that. A free swing at some depth. An upgrade on the depth we just cut loose.
I’ll throw my toys out of the pram if he was recruited as a best 22 player though.

This shows that we have nabbed him for a next to nothing money wise, and nothing trade wise. I’m fine with that. A free swing at some depth. An upgrade on the depth we just cut loose.
I’ll throw my toys out of the pram if he was recruited as a best 22 player though.
I assumed no compensation was based on us signing Liam Jones as a free agent.

Isn’t it because we already brought in a FA ourselves in Jones?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it was related or not.
If the offer is too low, there is no compo.
When Luke Dunstan left for Melbourne last year, the offer was so low there was no compo.
The release by the AFL didn’t mention Liam Jones being connected to the lack of compo.
Regardless. I’m happy we are not over paying for him.

We do need the depth, we have a solid back 6 but not much in reserve if one of those were injured.

It's an upgrade on Darragh Joyce and cost us nothing.

Griffen Logue > Daylight > Zaine Cordy
Amazing you've found the time to post here in between posting about your racist coach, your number one draft pick walking out, your lack of compensation draft picks and the fact Hunter Clark apparently agreed to go to North for a future 2nd round last week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back