Free Agency Todd Goldstein [Joins Essendon as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

If North are under cap pressure they're worse run than any of us thought. And sure they're likely getting Pick 3, but they're also losing pretty much the only fit KPD they have left in the process which is quite the problem.

Nothing North are doing appears to be with an intent of actually being better next season.

Whoever said we were under salary cap pressure? There is a difference between Salary cap pressure and not wanting to overspend for one player. Continually posters can’t believe what opposition clubs have offered McKay, yet North are a basket case for not offering the same. Which is it? He chose to leave, not much we can do about it. Fortunately for us we’re going to get well compensated in return.

Maybe wait until the trade period starts and plays out a bit. We’re clearly going to be very active and have been linked to various players already. Fisher and Stephens already look a done deal and will be handy acquisition’s. Our defence will get addressed through the draft and through trade also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If North are under cap pressure they're worse run than any of us thought. And sure they're likely getting Pick 3, but they're also losing pretty much the only fit KPD they have left in the process which is quite the problem.

Nothing North are doing appears to be with an intent of actually being better next season.

They can go out and buy a KPD if they are that desperate for one, they could get one as good as McKay for less than he wants. This is not about relieving cap pressure its about being in a position to entice better players and they have the trade ammo to get it done.

I wouldn't say Essendon are better run than North.

Its a close call actually. They don't get priority picks for being pathetic like North do. But on the other hand they haven't won a final for 20 years (not to mention the whole peptide thing).

If anything, it's pretty sad that it's taken 5 years of absolute s**t from North to make us comparable to the Bombers

Are collingwood wanting him to replace Darcy Cameron?

Or as ready made depth?

Are collingwood wanting him to replace Darcy Cameron?

Or as ready made depth?

A combination of both. We like to play 2 rucks in our structure (EG: Cox & Cameron), neither really spend too much time forward. Cox is Collingwood's preferred ruck option, however he can't seem to play anymore that 50-60% of a game in the ruck - he just doesn't have the tank for the full workload, which pushes us into playing 2 genuine rucks.

From my perspective, Goldstein would really compete with Cameron for a spot in the starting 22. I would probably have him in our side over Cameron, but not by much. It also provides us with an adequate depth option, if any one of the 3 were to be out injured. This season we had games where both Cox and Cameron missed, leaving us a little exposed there.

Goldstein is still a very good ruckman. Is also very fit. Would be a valuable addition to many other lists.

He will be a real loss to nmfc, more than McKay.

Unbelievably nmfc seems to be embarking on a new bottoming out strategy.

Goldstein is still a very good ruckman. Is also very fit. Would be a valuable addition to many other lists.

He will be a real loss to nmfc, more than McKay.

Unbelievably nmfc seems to be embarking on a new bottoming out strategy.
We wanted to keep both players

We wanted to keep both players

Hmmn. I would like to believe that.

Goldy would cost a packet of Twisties x 2 for a two year contract and help the Club maintain competitiveness. Since Boomer got shot into the Sun, Goldy has been my favourite nmfc player.

I doubt the salary cap is an issue for nmfc.

I don’t see much upside in Xerri and the admirable bloke has been injury prone as well. It is a pity Edwards did not work out as he did look a decent ruck prospect.

I wonder if nmfc has made overtures to Grundy to replace Goldy? He would have been ideal. Am sure given the Pies would have been interested in selling you a pick in return for nmfc picking up the weight of the McGuire Tax

Hmmn. I would like to believe that.

Goldy would cost a packet of Twisties x 2 for a two year contract and help the Club maintain competitiveness. Since Boomer got shot into the Sun, Goldy has been my favourite nmfc player.

I doubt the salary cap is an issue for nmfc.

I don’t see much upside in Xerri and the admirable bloke has been injury prone as well. It is a pity Edwards did not work out as he did look a decent ruck prospect.

I wonder if nmfc has made overtures to Grundy to replace Goldy? He would have been ideal. Am sure given the Pies would have been interested in selling you a pick in return for nmfc picking up the weight of the McGuire Tax
Goldy is chasing success next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not fussed if we miss out but will Goldy even get a game at the Pies?

He wont be going there to be a backup would want the number one ruck spot not sure he'll get that at the Pies
Depends, he is 35 and on the decline. His best will see him ahead of Darcy Cameron but he could easily decline. We need mature ruck cover either way, Ash Johnson in the ruck at times this season was a disaster as was McStay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back