Todd Grima

Remove this Banner Ad

mr incredibe

Senior List
Oct 13, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
hey just wondering how Grima is going?
heard he has bulked up quite a bit and is now playing down back a bit?
will he get a spot next year?

geelong_boy said:
Could he/has he played full-forward?

First time I saw him he was playing for Tasmania U/18's in some final (quite possibly the Grand Final...I was hungover at the time) and booted 10 goals.

fugsy said:
First time I saw him he was playing for Tasmania U/18's in some final (quite possibly the Grand Final...I was hungover at the time) and booted 10 goals.

Yeah that's what I heard from a mate of mine. But given our backlog of talls (Lonergan, NAblett, McCarthy, Kingsley) I don't think he's played there in the V's this year. His height is good for FF though and it would be good to see how he would go in that position.

he did kick ten in the opening game of the u/18 nationals against NT.
was playing on a midget, and the delivery he recieved was exeptional.Tassie had a great midfield last year hence why they won the div 2 title last year.
and it was at full forward.

i wasnt sure either where Geelong would be playing him, thats why i started this thread,imo at the moment he is too short for key position, but he isnt too bad at groung level for a tall player,would have thought he would be used as a half forward/pocket.
He could still grow though, maybe a keypp inthe future.

jess_555 said:
Grima was named one of the best in the VFL today. Hopefully he will get a game this season in the snr's but not sure if there is really room for him ATM.
He's a rookie listed player - so we'd need a long term injury for that to happen :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played one of the pre-season interclub games at full forward. He kicked 4/5 goals but that seems to have been the first and only times he has played there this year.

JUBJUB said:
He'd be a good chance to get promoted to the senior list at the end of the year if he keeps up his good form.With the probable delistings of Lonergan and McCarthy,there will be room for a tall to be added to the list.
I hope that happens, but it wont. I can only see Grima (who is one of the five rookie players) to be our only rookie from this year to be a rookie again next year. Batchelor and Sheringham have had their two years, they won't be on their next year. And S. Hunt and Slade are going to be too old, so Grima's left. Maybe during the 07 season he'll get promoted or he'll have the Nominated status?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back