Nostradamus Lives Tom Boyd Wants Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why would GWS chase a mature ruckman when they already have Mumford? Also gotta laugh at the loyalty Brisbane supporters are showing Luey considering the absolute hissy fit they had when everyone wanted to leave last year.
We are never allowed to trade players ever because some kids left our club last year and we didn't like it.

People seem to think that GWS hold all the cards in any deal that will come there way I disagree for one simple reason duty of care if a player is not happy at the club not happy with the environment he is involved in he has the right to ask for a trade and GWS would have to consider it or gamble with the kids emotionally state and head space do you honestly think they would gamble with the kids future ? I don't think they would
Just look at Gold Coast's unwillingness to trade Josh Caddy when he was contracted. Clubs will happily stand their ground in the hope they can convince a player to stay.

Just look at Gold Coast's unwillingness to trade Josh Caddy when he was contracted. Clubs will happily stand their ground in the hope they can convince a player to stay.
Agree a club will do everything in there power to keep the player silly if you don't try but don't forget caddy quit the Gold Coast Suns and forced there hand to trade him which they got the Ablett compensation pick from Geelong

Three of the 5 Lions (Docherty, Karnezis and Polec) who went home last year went to the clubs they supported as kids.

There may be a cultural shift happening alongside free agency.
I can tell you as a fact Polec didn't care if he ended up at Port or Crows, he just wanted to be back in Adelaide (god only knows why someone would want to live there voluntarily). Due to the Crows draft exclusions they couldn't match Port's offer and missed out.

I'm also pretty sure that it was similar with both Karnezis and Docherty. Karnezis is almost a definitely the same as he wanted back to Victoria, where Collingwood showed the most interest as he could potentially fill a role that they have struggled with in recent times of a tall forward flanker, able to go into the midfield then act as a third marking option forward, just most Victorian clubs weren't interested in his attitude.

side topic. but i really rate mason shaw and also mitch harvey. got two genuine KPP coming up.

whats the go with shaw?
I don't know him myself, in fact I have never met him. However I do know someone that has regular contact with the family and he has said that Mason will stay at Port. On Mitch Harvey, although early days, he does look like a player who could make it at AFL level.

I can tell you as a fact Polec didn't care if he ended up at Port or Crows, he just wanted to be back in Adelaide (god only knows why someone would want to live there voluntarily). Due to the Crows draft exclusions they couldn't match Port's offer and missed out.

I'm also pretty sure that it was similar with both Karnezis and Docherty. Karnezis is almost a definitely the same as he wanted back to Victoria, where Collingwood showed the most interest as he could potentially fill a role that they have struggled with in recent times of a tall forward flanker, able to go into the midfield then act as a third marking option forward, just most Victorian clubs weren't interested in his attitude.

Incorrect re: Docherty.

IIRC an official from Brisbane (or could have been the Bulldogs) publicly declared after the trade that the Bulldogs had a better offer on the table to Brisbane for Docherty, however, because he wanted to get to Carlton they accepted Pick #33.

I'll post the article when I find it.

Incorrect re: Docherty.

IIRC an official from Brisbane (or could have been the Bulldogs) publicly declared after the trade that the Bulldogs had a better offer on the table to Brisbane for Docherty, however, because he wanted to get to Carlton they accepted Pick #33.

I'll post the article when I find it.
Docherty was the one I wasn't sure on though but knew the other two occurred purely out of circumstance. Adelaide were extremely keen to get Polec and he met with them a couple of times and even said he liked the facilities, but he instructed Brisbane just to trade him to either SA club. Port no doubt are extremely happy with that 2nd round pick from last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the interview on 360 last year, Boyd did say he barracked for Carlton, but did add in another interview during the U-18 Championships that he was never a huge fanatical type supporter, just followed them. He's been more focused on his own footy for the last 5 years to get too emotionally involved in what Carlton were up to

I think he was somewhere in between to be honest. He may have played it down a bit, but from what I can understand he did more than just follow them.
I'm not saying that he's a lock to come to Carlton, but I believe their is a desire to play there, much like Sam Docherty who we got from the Lions last year.

I think he was somewhere in between to be honest. He may have played it down a bit, but from what I can understand he did more than just follow them.
I'm not saying that he's a lock to come to Carlton, but I believe their is a desire to play there, much like Sam Docherty who we got from the Lions last year.
Only have to look at Boyd's tweets from last year to know he was (and still is) a passionate Carlton supporter :)

Do you have a source?

I only ask as its common logic on our board from the admin apologists that we never had a chance with Polec due to him supporting Port. I call BS on that because all of S Thompson, B Smith and S Jacobs were all Port supporters.

Would love some ammo;)

Not saying otherwise, but I think it would mean more for a 19yo just starting out than a guy with several seasons under his belt.

Yes and No. Tipping if he gets a larger longer contract from say the Dogs, then I reckon he'd take it as opposed to going to the club he supported as a kid. Might be wrong though.

Taylor Adams grew up barracking for Geelong then signed with Collingwood over them
He did I remember when Derm the germ interviewed his old man but That trade involved Shaw going to GWS who could stkilda or Western bulldogs offer GWS in the mould of shaw do they have any quality players they would be willing to put on the trade table ?

Do you have a source?

I only ask as its common logic on our board from the admin apologists that we never had a chance with Polec due to him supporting Port. I call BS on that because all of S Thompson, B Smith and S Jacobs were all Port supporters.

Would love some ammo;)
You never had a chance with Polec because you were never going to be able to put up a suitable trade. Brisbane had said they either wanted a young player or draft picks, with no draft picks to trade the Crows needed to put up a player that a) wanted to move to Brisbane and b) was acceptable to Brisbane, you couldn't offer that so he went to Port.

Conspiracy theories are all well and good, but it was never a fair fight
monty-python-black-knight.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back