Tom Boyd

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Dogs have this tendency of reneging on verbal deals made with KPFs if they get hurt.

We didn't make any offer to Patton. That is absolutely not true.

We didn't make any offer to Patton. That is absolutely not true.

Remember how I pointed and laughed at suggestions that GWS didnt tap up Griffen ?

Well, now Im pointing and laughing at suggestions of the Doggies not tapping up Patton.

If they didnt do it, they are negligent, and you should fire them.

Remember how I pointed and laughed at suggestions that GWS didnt tap up Griffen ?

Well, now Im pointing and laughing at suggestions of the Doggies not tapping up Patton.

If they didnt do it, they are negligent, and you should fire them.

I know we didn't have discussions with Patton. Internet rumors grew legs and developed a life of their own. We may have had discussions with Carlisle but certainly did not with Patton.

I know we didn't have discussions with Patton. Internet rumors grew legs and developed a life of their own. We may have had discussions with Carlisle but certainly did not with Patton.

What a steaming pile of horse sh*t.

Most known offer in the industry was the Patton 6 year offer from the Dogs. Don't piss on us and tell us it's raining.

What a steaming pile of horse sh*t.

Most known offer in the industry was the Patton 6 year offer from the Dogs. Don't piss on us and tell us it's raining.

Believe what you want to believe mate.

Boyd is not on the table, but the table is still stacked. Dog would honestly give up 4&7 just because they didn't get Boyd?

Boyd not the only one acting like a sulky school kid. Maybe the dogs are a good fit for him (end of next year).

Boyd is not on the table, but the table is still stacked. Dog would honestly give up 4&7 just because they didn't get Boyd?

Boyd not the only one acting like a sulky school kid. Maybe the dogs are a good fit for him (end of next year).

Fair enough. Thats ok. I think Leon Cameron is a good coach - so I will thoroughly enjoy another 12 months of free development being given to Boyd. Looking forward to him playing with us and ready to go in 2016! :)

Fair enough. Thats ok. I think Leon Cameron is a good coach - so I will thoroughly enjoy another 12 months of free development being given to Boyd. Looking forward to him playing with us and ready to go in 2016! :)
Leon Cameron doesn't coach our neafl team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually mate this bloke will be more relevant - GWS NEAFL HEAD COACH - BRETT HAND

Hand boasts an extensive history in coaching and development positions, including heading up the AFL program at the Northern Territory Institute of Sport and coaching in the NEAFL.

Hand has been NEAFL Coach since 2012 and his teaching background makes him perfect for the role.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/football/giants-coaching-staff/brett-hand#sthash.JXl1hFXw.dpuf

Yes, I think they will be that stupid.

Right now, you've got an angry meltdown happening throughout the Bulldogs fan base, and you have the club's President - the man who refused to back his coach against a senior player revolt, and put the knife into the coaches back - injecting himself into the trade process. And failing.

If he doesnt come back with Boyd, and Griffen in orange and charcoal, his position is untenable.

This leaves the Dogs with no senior leadership group - Griffen is untenable, Cooney's gone, Gia's retired - and a void at coach and a fan base pinning all their hopes on a player who is going into an open auction.

It's almost like they think Melbourne in the time of Jim Stynes is a good model to follow.

Yes, I think they will be that stupid.

Right now, you've got an angry meltdown happening throughout the Bulldogs fan base, and you have the club's President - the man who refused to back his coach against a senior player revolt, and put the knife into the coaches back - injecting himself into the trade process. And failing.

If he doesnt come back with Boyd, and Griffen in orange and charcoal, his position is untenable.

This leaves the Dogs with no senior leadership group - Griffen is untenable, Cooney's gone, Gia's retired - and a void at coach and a fan base pinning all their hopes on a player who is going into an open auction.

It's almost like they think Melbourne in the time of Jim Stynes is a good model to follow.
Not a bad outcome for us go to the draft with 4+7 either way I'm happy.

You blokes should trade Boyd to us I doubt you will get a better offer next year even with multiple clubs bidding. I reckon our club would give picks 1 & 21 in a heartbeat. Also sends a strong message to the Dogs.

Actually mate this bloke will be more relevant - GWS NEAFL HEAD COACH - BRETT HAND

Hand boasts an extensive history in coaching and development positions, including heading up the AFL program at the Northern Territory Institute of Sport and coaching in the NEAFL.

Hand has been NEAFL Coach since 2012 and his teaching background makes him perfect for the role.

- See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/football/giants-coaching-staff/brett-hand#sthash.JXl1hFXw.dpuf

So you are going to pay someone 180,000 for the year to play in the NEAFL whilst Patton is out injured?

k.

Griffen has 3-4 injury prone years left.. You say Boyd has played 9 games and "might" be good.. A million a year, let's hope it's better than might

Griff got 36 disposals last game.
I saw early on in the season Griff was clearly targetted and identified by opposition teams as the no.1 must stop player for the doggies... b/c he is a gun.
Griff was bloody tough to get up and be on the ground, I thought, after so much "special treatment " he was coping.
I don't think many other players could handle the treatment and play as well under the circumstances (including Macca's "contested footy" mantra).

He'd be a great assett for a developing GWS side as he'd take a a lot of the heat off your younger mid fielders. Even when he was injured he played on and was still one of our best players all year. Gutsy.
If you want to win more games Griff can do it. He's dymamic, strong, fast, busts lines, smart, gets around the ground
Your fwd line would love him and he often kicks a mean long bomb goal. He's proven and robust.

And he want's to play with you guys.
(wish we had Cameron.. he was such a good smart player.. used to love watching him play for Doggies).

So you are going to pay someone 180,000 for the year to play in the NEAFL whilst Patton is out injured?

k.
Why not? We have others who deserve development. He did play a lot of neafl this season so what makes you think he is an automatic selection.

Griff got 36 disposals last game.
I saw early on in the season Griff was clearly targetted and identified by opposition teams as the no.1 must stop player for the doggies... b/c he is a gun.
Griff was bloody tough to get up and be on the ground, I thought, after so much "special treatment " he was coping.
I don't think many other players could handle the treatment and play as well under the circumstances (including Macca's "contested footy" mantra).

He'd be a great assett for a developing GWS side as he'd take a a lot of the heat off your younger mid fielders. Even when he was injured he played on and was still one of our best players all year. Gutsy.
If you want to win more games Griff can do it. He's dymamic, strong, fast, busts lines, smart, gets around the ground
Your fwd line would love him and he often kicks a mean long bomb goal. He's proven and robust.

And he want's to play with you guys.
(wish we had Cameron.. he was such a good smart player.. used to love watching him play for Doggies).

Which is why we will be keeping our offer of pick 4 for Griffen open until trading closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back