Tom Mitchell's kicking...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Anyone else increasingly frustrated by Mitchell's inability to hit a low flat pass? Everything seems to be a 9 iron if longer than 35 metres, often sitting on the head of the player he is kicking to, resulting in an oppo mark and/or our player getting crunched.

I get it that all players have different strengths and weakness, but how many times would he have had to kick 40+ metres in training drills but is still unable to his a low flat pass that travels quickly.

Grrrrr.

not sure he's totally alone in this.. but does feel he's a repeat offender. and felt like yesterdays game was chock full of these kicks...

I kicked like that. No matter how hard I tried to point my toe or chisel it, it always ended up in the air whenever I had to kick it further than a short pass.

I wasn't getting paid to do it though.

Played 160 games.
If you know your making bad mistakes in games wouldn't you try and rectify ?
Either he doesn't listen to coaches and thinks he knows it all......or is it that he doesn't think hitting targets are important as he gets 35 + disposals.
All our midfielders suffer the same weakness -poor by foot.
I put it back on the coaches....hit the coke can 15 times or you stay back after training until you get it right.

Anyone else increasingly frustrated by Mitchell's inability to hit a low flat pass? Everything seems to be a 9 iron if longer than 35 metres, often sitting on the head of the player he is kicking to, resulting in an oppo mark and/or our player getting crunched.

I get it that all players have different strengths and weakness, but how many times would he have had to kick 40+ metres in training drills but is still unable to his a low flat pass that travels quickly.

Grrrrr.
Given he regularly runs to the correct spots and gets the pill a lot, his lack of confidence in his own kicking hurts the team a lot.

Sam needs to get our old mate Brent Guerra back and show them how to ping a pass.
Turnovers will lose you games....its a fact.
So having one of the best exponents how to ping a pass makes logical sense.

Sam needs to get our old mate Brent Guerra back and show them how to ping a pass.
Turnovers will lose you games....its a fact.
So having one of the best exponents how to ping a pass makes logical sense.

At one stage yesterday that Pies had something like 53 points and 46 were from turnovers, most of which were our pretty simple mistakes rather than their brilliant play. It's losing us plenty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His contract will be getting a significant haircut if he stays, but it will likely push him to leave

At one stage yesterday that Pies had something like 53 points and 46 were from turnovers, most of which were our pretty simple mistakes rather than their brilliant play. It's losing us plenty.
That was 100% the game.

Has been in other games, as well

Don't let Dom see this thread. He won't allow anyone to criticise Tom.

I have to say, very good footballer who definitely helps us in areas we struggle with but his kicking and decisions at times does frustrate me quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

His kicking and some of the free kicks given away in the backline have been the most frustrating parts of this season for me.

His kicks have absolutely zero penetration to them. I'm confused as to why he hasn't worked on it more (i'm guessing he hasn't given his kicking hasn't changed over the years)

Just need to use his strengths.

Players need to stop giving it to him as he runs past. He's not the guy who should have the handball receives.
And Tom needs to stop calling for it at times.

He's still an elite player, and all elite players have a weakness.

If you class Tom an "elite player"

What is P Cripps who has kicked 15 goals this season and dominated ?

Tom is NOT elite ....your kidding yourself.

Early days of Clarko you couldn't get a game unless you could kick and hit targets.

Mitchell came into the club when we were desperate for some Class.

Clarko's rulebook went out the window when we couldn't land any FA.

Watch some videos of Tom in Swans color's and you will see he likes to do things HIS way.

interesting to watch.

Grrrrr.
Has not changed.

If you class Tom an "elite player"

What is P Cripps who has kicked 15 goals this season and dominated ?

Tom is NOT elite ....your kidding yourself.

Early days of Clarko you couldn't get a game unless you could kick and hit targets.

Mitchell came into the club when we were desperate for some Class.

Clarko's rulebook went out the window when we couldn't land any FA.
This is such a rubbish post, don't even know where to start

Remove this Banner Ad

Back