Past Tom Rockliff (2008-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

26 disposal average for his career. How many have done better than that before 100 games?
Wonder what his numbers would have been if he played in the midfield throughout his whole career. At least a quarter of his games would have been up forward.

Wonder what his numbers would have been if he played in the midfield throughout his whole career. At least a quarter of his games would have been up forward.

He would have a Brownlow now if he spent ALL last season in the guts, not just the last third.

In light of the Vickery 5 weeks suspension for punching Cox in the head and knocking him out Rockliff should be absolutely filthy at the way he has been treated by the MRP this year.

Last edited:
Kudos to Rocky for his "Victorian breakout" game this past weekend - ie the game where most media commentators down south finally realised he could play a little.

Kudos to Rocky for his "Victorian breakout" game this past weekend - ie the game where most media commentators down south finally realised he could play a little.

Yeah, it seems our guys have to break 45 possessions to make the vics realise that they average over 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man-Love for this man!

One of the last to leave training yesterday after many photo shots with the fans, signing jumpers, footys etc.

Then on game day one of the last leave the field after thanking the crowd... doesn't just go to one area but does a whole lap.

You are a legend mate, you epitomise what I believe OUR football culture ought to be. :thumbsu:

Zy3QjJj.png

In my opinion the most underrated footballer in the comp.

Or it could just be saying this because he nearly carried my dream teams ass over the line. ******* Gun.

some flog trying to prove that he's rubbish on the bay, :rolleyes:

I can see why opposition fans are so upset and very jealous, particularly considering every single one of their clubs had the chance to take him with any of their picks and overlooked him in favour of probably many players that are no longer on their lists.

I really hope that Jed does the honourable thing at the end of the year and passes the torch to Rocky.

I know it sucks for Jed, I feel he should have been captain last year so he got 2 years at it but Rocky is entering his prime and is the standout person at the Lions, both on and off the field.

I really hope that Jed does the honourable thing at the end of the year and passes the torch to Rocky.

I know it sucks for Jed, I feel he should have been captain last year so he got 2 years at it but Rocky is entering his prime and is the standout person at the Lions, both on and off the field.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have dual captains again.

From what I remember, Leppa said the captaincy structure this year was a function of the voting results (Jed clear first, Rocky clear second etc). It seems likely that they follow the same process next year, and I'm really interested to see if the players see it the way most people on the outer seem to.

Mark Robinson

Stand up Mr Rockliff, you are officially a 2014 All-Australian. He can’t miss out this year. As statement games go, yesterday’s was top of the range. Had a quadruple-double for a team beaten by 105 points. His stats: 22 kicks, 18 handballs, 10 marks, 10 tackles. Add six clearances and seven inside 50s and we’re talking about one of the great midfielder’s games. So, the AA midfield is Fyfe, Ablett (still), Pendlebury, Rockliff and Kennedy. Anyone else?

Man-Love for this man!

One of the last to leave training yesterday after many photo shots with the fans, signing jumpers, footys etc.

Then on game day one of the last leave the field after thanking the crowd... doesn't just go to one area but does a whole lap.

You are a legend mate, you epitomise what I believe OUR football culture ought to be. :thumbsu:

Zy3QjJj.png
That is a great photo Freddie.
Love you Rocky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back