TOP OF THE LADDER woo hoo

Remove this Banner Ad

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Being a new club with some new converts id thought a thread to celebrate our top of the ladder position.
So just to enjoy this exalted position is something to be enjoyed and proud of.
It may last a week,month, or the rest of the year,but should still be enjoyed the time we are there.
So get in here and salivate fellow Giants.
Not sure if new footy followers realise how difficult it is to be top of the ladder in an 18 team comp.
But most other clubs havent seen this spot for many years,

Last edited:
My carefully considered thoughts;

giphy.gif

So you'll bother to dress up for the big one in September?

Personally I'd hope he dresses up for our next couple of games. The June/July 7:30pm games get pretty chilly by the end of them.

Im on board the "who cares" side on things with this. Dont get me wrong its happened, hooray, well done and pat on the backs. All that stuff...

But i want finals wins. I dont care if we are 8th or 1st. I wanna see finals wins. I also have something else that i want but it would be asking waaaaay too much. Best 22 on the park would be nice to see. Best 20 even? 18????

Top is definitely something to remember. Top four at the end of the season is the key, top two even better. Add a relatively healthy list, and there will be finals wins.

We will now see how the boys respond to the expectations and pressure of being the front runners.

I'm certainly happy to have achieved this mark, but it is quite ephemeral. What is important is where we finish at the end of the season. But well done to the boys, especially all the replacements, who have put in to get the wins that got us to that spot on the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually dont think being on top is much of a goal. It's June. We're 9-3 and need the points to finish top 2 for a home final in week 1, it's not just the Crows that can finish top 2 at this stage. Hopefully 10-3 next week and we build from there. Worst case would be in a bunch vying for spots and Melbourne in round 20 and then Geelong in round 23 at their place. But those are the challenges.

Top of the ladder is very difficult to maintain.
That's why i said it should be enjoyed at the time.
At least we are still top 4 with worst of injury run behind us.And now better draw homeward with fresher players to get games under belt before finals

Fingers crossed.

Im looking forward to attending GF weekend no matter what but itd be nice if the club made it to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Fair enough
I wont be going if we're not in it, but hard to schedule breaks and it would be an event regardless. I haven't conceded we wont be but we are staring into the abyss this year right now. It still that two or possibly three of games in September that decide though.

Fair enough
I wont be going if we're not in it, but hard to schedule breaks and it would be an event regardless. I haven't conceded we wont be but we are staring into the abyss this year right now. It still that two or possibly three of games in September that decide though.
I think we will.

All clubs go through a lull, and we are now in ours.
Players back and a few home truths this week.
Ward isnt happy https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/07/23/ward-slams-ordinary-giants/

So hopefully it all starts coming together.

Mexican media seems to be enjoying their fall as well https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/07/23/mike-sheahan-names-shames-and-slams-giants/

So im sure thisll fire them up.

I think we will.

All clubs go through a lull, and we are now in ours.
Players back and a few home truths this week.
Ward isnt happy https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/07/23/ward-slams-ordinary-giants/

So hopefully it all starts coming together.

Mexican media seems to be enjoying their fall as well https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/07/23/mike-sheahan-names-shames-and-slams-giants/

So im sure thisll fire them up.

Negativity from outside is Meh I think. Keeping the faith. But either way I will let my membership tick over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back