List Mgmt. Top up players

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd assume plenty of the Essendon VFL team will get a gig.

Hardingham is an interesting one, part of the 2012 squad and would be in the list of 34 players with provisional suspensions?

A.Heppell will help fill the hair-void.

Muscles will be the resident hitman.

I'm still making the trip to Morwell with old mate jsd09

Okay, I am getting super pumped now. They may all be spuds, but for 2 or 3 glorious weeks they will by OUR spuds, and they will give their all.

For all those naysayers, here is compulsory viewing for the next 2 weeks:

Dodgeball: an underdog story
The Replacements
SemiPro
The Longest Yard
Kicking & Screaming
BASEketball
The Mighty Ducks (ALL of them)
Major League
A League of Their Own

Coach Carter to rival them all? Remember the Titans?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clearly if we win malthouse and co. Will get on their soap box and say we got rewarded by having our pick of the country's next best. If it were up to him.we'd be picking from.our little league.

I have no doubt that.Mick would find a way.to deflect from Carlton should.we beat them<insert actual full stop here>

Coach Carter to rival them all? Remember the Titans?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as we are going underdogs, Miracle on Ice is awesome.

Okay, I am getting super pumped now. They may all be spuds, but for 2 or 3 glorious weeks they will by OUR spuds, and they will give their all.

For all those naysayers, here is compulsory viewing for the next 2 weeks:

Dodgeball: an underdog story
The Replacements
SemiPro
The Longest Yard
Kicking & Screaming
BASEketball
The Mighty Ducks (ALL of them)
Major League
A League of Their Own

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid. Particularly the last 30 seconds.

I agree with him.to an extent, we afl followers make out we are the be all of everything and every other league just serves as feeder leagues to us. Funnily enough most state leagues see themselves as competitive leagues in their own right and have been preparing to win their own flag all pre season. Would be a real kick in the guts to lose a pivotal player at the whim Of a big heavy just so he can fill a number and maybe get a kick. Then come back at some point at square one again.

But it's a fine line, between keeping your unit together and denying a bloke a higher opportunity. Not an enviable position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with him.to an extent, we afl followers make out we are the be all of everything and every other league just serves as feeder leagues to us. Funnily enough most state leagues see themselves as competitive leagues in their own right and have been preparing to win their own flag all pre season. Would be a real kick in the guts to lose a pivotal player at the whim Of a big heavy just so he can fill a number and maybe get a kick. Then come back at some point at square one again.

But it's a fine line, between keeping your unit together and denying a bloke a higher opportunity. Not an enviable position.

If we require top ups during the AFL premiership season things become tricky as obviously not all of the 18ish top up players will play AFL and if I was Port Melbourne I wouldn't want blokes like Magner playing in the Essendon VFL side.

Mitch Brown is the one to watch for me. If he plays defence he's solid, up forward he takes a big bodied defender. A very good choice.
Decent intercept mark, good kick for his size and very good at tackling. I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him permanently and mark him as the heir to Fletch (I like him back a lot more than forward). I think Geelong might have made a mistake delisting him given their KPP stocks.

Decent intercept mark, good kick for his size and very good at tackling. I wouldn't be surprised if we signed him permanently and mark him as the heir to Fletch (I like him back a lot more than forward). I think Geelong might have made a mistake delisting him given their KPP stocks.
Much better forward than back at VFL level fwiw.

You're probably a better judge than me, I only saw 3 and a bit of his AFL games last year. Chances of making it as a swingman?
I doubt it. He's at best a stop gap at either end IMO, but a good VFL player.

Ryder and Dempsey playing in the Indigenous All Stars game. Is this much like Watson and Fletcher playing for Australia?

not alot in the media about this

Ryder and Dempsey playing in the Indigenous All Stars game. Is this much like Watson and Fletcher playing for Australia?

not alot in the media about this

The difference here is there is a victim and a bad boy playing, not 2 bad boys as per Jobe and Fletch in the international rules.

For the interest of fair and balanced reporting, the media can't go to town on Dempsey and leave Ryder out of it so I guess they've just chosen to ignore it.

Unless they are 'untainted'

These were two of the guys upset at the whole episode, one left and one was rumoured to want to go...

May have also allowed port to buy with confidence.

Either way if a hybrid game is affecting a backdate I'm.sure an actual afl pre season all star game should be, not much difference from the nab.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back