List Mgmt. Top up players

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon FC ‏@EssendonFC 6m6 minutes ago
The NAB Challenge recruits have arrived! More on http://efc.com.au later today.
B-qYb6ZUcAAwuRu.jpg

#indoctrination

Firstly I'm not here to stir.

Does anyone think Milne will get a jumper?

Sorry if it's been discussed.

Firstly I'm not here to stir.

Does anyone think Milne will get a jumper?

Sorry if it's been discussed.
I wouldn't think it's likely. Interesting to note, back in 1999 he was on the Essendon rookie list.

So it seems it will just be the first 5, Sam Michael and some of our VFL players.

I can handle that.

Welcome to Essendon boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inteview with Sam Michael on bomber Tv. I thought he handled the questions well.

Couldnt help but smile either, as horrible as a situation this is, seeing someone excited about getting this opportunity was good to see.

Wish him the best

I like how most of the non Ess VFL top up players have some connection to the coaches or players. It should help that the coaches will have some understanding of the personality type of some of these players, particularly as there is such a short time before the games.

Sam Michael mentioned how he played under Mark Harvey at Brisbane.

Neeld and Craig will know Clisby and Magner from their time at Melbourne.

Petrenko started his time at Adelaide under Neil Craig and his first year on the Crows list was Bassett's last year. Plus will have familiarity with McKernan in the forward line.

Egan was a development coach when Mitch Brown started at Geelong, Mark Corrigan was at the Cats more recently, and of course there is the Chappy connection.

Clinton Jones has no connection with the coaches but having had a long career so the coaches should have a good understanding of his game and at least he will have a bond with Goddard and Gwilt.

Not sure if it was by design or not, but that small bit of familiarity probably helps than say delisted player that none of the coaches has had much contact with.

I like how most of the non Ess VFL top up players have some connection to the coaches or players. It should help that the coaches will have some understanding of the personality type of some of these players, particularly as there is such a short time before the games.

Petrenko started his time at Adelaide under Neil Craig and his first year on the Crows list was Bassett's last year. Plus will have familiarity with McKernan in the forward line.

Egan was a development coach when Mitch Brown started at Geelong, Mark Corrigan was at the Cats more recently, and of course there is the Chappy connection.

Clinton Jones has no connection with the coaches but having had a long career so the coaches should have a good understanding of his game and at least he will have a bond with Goddard and Gwilt.

Not sure if it was by design or not, but that small bit of familiarity probably helps than say delisted player that none of the coaches has had much contact with.
Spot on!

Selecting players that have been linked with St Kilda and Melbourne two of the NAB cup teams we play is also an interesting correlation

That is very interesting, I never thought of that.

If one of our top up players did his knee or was seriously injured, would Essendon foot the medical bill and aid in recovery?

Yes of course.

If one of our top up players did his knee or was seriously injured, would Essendon foot the medical bill and aid in recovery?

Yeah absolutely, the sticking point with Essendon first up was to try and make sure that these players would be properly insured like all other listed players. Of course though the media preferred to say that Essendon were boycotting the matches and that Hird shot the sheriff AND his deputy.

There have been insurances put in place in their contracts, as stated by rob Kerr

Having watched Liberatore and Mckenzie go down and out for season in the back of my mind I think there is some benefit to having the "replacements" feature in nab challenge (assuming players are cleared for h&a). Can really manage the workloads better by having an extra 6 or so seasoned players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back