Opinion Tradedraft's Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone around me manages it.

This is coming from a place with nothing but respect for you TD, but I suggest you do put a strategy in place to stop yourself. Next time they might escalate the issue to security.

Would not be the 1st Time I been Told Off by Security.

My Support Worker Jake who takes me to Games said he Tap me on the Arm when he Thinks I need to settle down. Did it in last qtr and I found it easier that way to Calm Down a Bit

Having my Worst Day at the Footy Ever

Been singled out for Swearing where everyone else is.

Can't don't want to come back to the footy for the Home Games

There are young children at the game Dave. Today I introduced my 8 year old niece and 12 year old nephew to their 1st live footy experience and my friend brought his 5 year old son and his 8 year old daughter to the game. Swearing is not the way to go, especially when there are children around. It can be very upsetting to children and give them a very negative experience, which may result in them not wanting to attend another game. Would you want that?

Last edited:
There are young children at the game Dave. Today I introduced my 8 year old niece and 12 year old nephew to their 1st live footy experience and my friend brought his 5 year old son and his 8 year old daughter to the game. Swearing is not the way to go, especially when there are children around. It can be very upsetting to children and give them a very negative experience, which may result in them not wanting to attend another game. Would you want that?

So we should just sit there like its Golf?

Footy is a Passionate game so people can go off.

Get more then just 1 person to stop then have a Stronger Case.

No ideal but say just ignore them

Maybe have Family Areas at Games

So we should just sit there like its Golf?

Footy is a Passionate game so people can go off.

Get more then just 1 person to stop then have a Stronger Case.

No ideal but say just ignore them
You can yell and scream all you want. Just don't swear. It's not hard. Anyway, I'll move on.

You can yell and scream all you want. Just don't swear. It's not hard. Anyway, I'll move on.

Then should be a Rule you swear you get Kicked Out and Banned for the Season then?

I AM NOT THE BLOODY ONLY ONE F**KING SWEARING AT THE FOOTY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then should be a Rule you swear you get Kicked Out and Banned for the Season then?

I was two rows behind you TD. You were going pretty hard mate. That arm tapping tactic might be something to work on with your carer. Maybe look at it as something that might help you enjoy the footy a bit more as well?

It isnt any easier watching from home, let me tell you. The last three weeks have been tense, with close games & umpiring decisions that baffle / astound. My wife now resorts to leaving the house when the game is on, and blocking our daughters ears whilst exiting. There goes the dream of having nice family game viewing time together................

Set the example Dave.
Swearing does not achieve anything.
I had a friend back in the day that would tell an old granny to "go feck herself"
No amount of our words to him would help to curb his behaviour.
Embarrassing to be around

Set the example Dave.
Swearing does not achieve anything.
I had a friend back in the day that would tell an old granny to "go feck herself"
No amount of our words to him would help to curb his behaviour.
Embarrassing to be around
I might let one go in frustration but I’m extremely aware not to swear if there’s kids or women around. Unless they’re my kids which isn’t my fault because they’re campaigners

I might let one go in frustration but I’m extremely aware not to swear if there’s kids or women around. Unless they’re my kids which isn’t my fault because they’re campaigners
I use low grade swearing
"Bloody Nora" , "Gashtastic" ,
"Damn", "Bugger", "Crap".
"Your mother whips of winos"

Dunno, I could be in the wrong using a couple of these.
Kiddies in general unsure of what I'm saying.

I use low grade swearing
"Bloody Nora" , "Gashtastic" ,
"Damn", "Bugger", "Crap".
"Your mother whips of winos"

Dunno, I could be in the wrong using a couple of these.
Kiddies in general unsure of what I'm saying.
I often use a bit stronger ones which my youngest son has picked up on and uses occasionally to get me in the s**t

I was two rows behind you TD. You were going pretty hard mate. That arm tapping tactic might be something to work on with your carer. Maybe look at it as something that might help you enjoy the footy a bit more as well?

Me and Him has Decided that yeah IF I am going over the Top he just give me a Tap and just Settle me Down.

I think quite Often I get sucked into the Crowd/Atmosphere at the Game as I don't go like that at the VFL.

I do admit at games I have no Idea what is Happening Around me in the Crowd so just my Carer Tapping me to let me know I am going bit over the top will remind me to settle down a bit.

Can't Promise I would never go off like that but hopefully keep it a Minimum

Was good to see you at the Footy sideswipe

Me and Him has Decided that yeah IF I am going over the Top he just give me a Tap and just Settle me Down.

I think quite Often I get sucked into the Crowd/Atmosphere at the Game as I don't go like that at the VFL.

I do admit at games I have no Idea what is Happening Around me in the Crowd so just my Carer Tapping me to let me know I am going bit over the top will remind me to settle down a bit.

Can't Promise I would never go off like that but hopefully keep it a Minimum

Was good to see you at the Footy sideswipe
Good stuff mate - the honor was all mine!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back