Training at Knox this Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/tabid/4742/Default.aspx?newsid=70970

Bring the family to watch the Hawks train in preparation for the 2009 season.

Following training players will conduct a free skills clinic and sign autographs. Club mascot ‘Hawka’ will be there, as well as a face painting, a barbecue and other activities.

Food can be purchased on the day from the oval canteen and at the barbecue.

All are welcome - you don’t have to be a Hawks member to attend.

Make sure you bring a hat and sunscreen.

* An extreme weather policy applies.

Link above for full details.:thumbsu:

You obviously played there some time ago. The oval was resurfaced last year and is regarded by those who have seen it (or played on it) to be the best in the eastern suburbs. Hawks were given a choice of 6 ovals in area and chose Knox after inspecting all. The surface is like an AFL surface. I'll be there!!!

Look out youngins BR and the tackers are comin out to Knox!

Yeeee haaaa!!

The big number 11 will be in fine form as I baulk around Hodgey, stamp on Sammy and take speccies over Buddy.

And then run out of puff after 50 meters:(

See yawl out at Knoxville. Bang Bang!

You obviously played there some time ago. The oval was resurfaced last year and is regarded by those who have seen it (or played on it) to be the best in the eastern suburbs. Hawks were given a choice of 6 ovals in area and chose Knox after inspecting all. The surface is like an AFL surface. I'll be there!!!

I like Scoresby's surface. Nice and soft, easy on the ankles. However, surfaces such as Kings Park are also being upgraded and will soon be as good, if not better than Scoresby's ground.

Out of interest, what grounds were they given to chose from?

Spot on. They must have spent a heap of money on it, as the surface there is fantastic. I walk around the oval most nights when I take my dog for a walk - I even walk accross it some nights.

I wouldn't worry about it being a dodgy surface - it's like walking on carpet.

Played my junior career for the knox falcons. Terrific ground after the upgrade so theres no need to worry about to surface-related injuries :D

My info is Hawks were keen to do two clinics - one around Knox and one in Cardinia Shire as they believe both areas have high numbers of young Hawk supporters. The club went to Knox Council with 3 grounds to check on their availabilty after doing their own reconnaisance. Council suggested looking at 3 others (Knox included). Don't know any of the other grounds but I imagine Scoresby was one of them. Knox's ground is the same grass as Scoresby but the next generation. I believe Kings Park will be more advanced again. The Knox Council is doing a great job upgrading grounds one by one. The players will be very happy with the surface on Friday.

At the risk of sounding gay,:p can someone make sure to take pictures? Preferably shirtless.
lol mate your got me confused so you want to see the lads shirtless it's not gay if your a chick?;)

My info is Hawks were keen to do two clinics - one around Knox and one in Cardinia Shire as they believe both areas have high numbers of young Hawk supporters. The club went to Knox Council with 3 grounds to check on their availabilty after doing their own reconnaisance. Council suggested looking at 3 others (Knox included). Don't know any of the other grounds but I imagine Scoresby was one of them. Knox's ground is the same grass as Scoresby but the next generation. I believe Kings Park will be more advanced again. The Knox Council is doing a great job upgrading grounds one by one. The players will be very happy with the surface on Friday.

Thanks for that. Kings Park's surface seems to be taking a while to repair. Last I saw of it, it was just a dirt pile. Makes it a little difficult to train on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool. Nice job.

Thanks for the info, I think ill go along :)

If you chaps/chapetts do go along, please do us poor worker bees a good turn and post training reports.

Even if the usual posters go along and post a report it is great to hear from others and get different view points on the same event. The more the merrier.

Look out youngins BR and the tackers are comin out to Knox!

Yeeee haaaa!!

The big number 11 will be in fine form as I baulk around Hodgey, stamp on Sammy and take speccies over Buddy.

And then run out of puff after 50 meters:(

See yawl out at Knoxville. Bang Bang!

See you there BR. I'll be in the bushes watching you..... ;)

If you chaps/chapetts do go along, please do us poor worker bees a good turn and post training reports.

Even if the usual posters go along and post a report it is great to hear from others and get different view points on the same event. The more the merrier.

I'd be happy to post a report after tomorrow! I'm hoping to grab a few photos as well so if I get the chance ill put them up for everyone to see :)

Full squad in training today except for Mr. Norm Smith. Unfortunatly I rocked up at 10:15 and missed the majority of training.

There were around 2,000 people in attendance on a nice sunny day in the City of Knox. :thumbsu:

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/tabid/4742/Default.aspx?newsid=70970

Bring the family to watch the Hawks train in preparation for the 2009 season.

Following training players will conduct a free skills clinic and sign autographs. Club mascot ‘Hawka’ will be there, as well as a face painting, a barbecue and other activities.

Food can be purchased on the day from the oval canteen and at the barbecue.

All are welcome - you don’t have to be a Hawks member to attend.

Make sure you bring a hat and sunscreen.

* An extreme weather policy applies.

Link above for full details.:thumbsu:

Well, that's great.

The one day I don't check the Hawks board. Am 5 mins away, and have been on BF since 8am, bored out of my brain. :thumbsdown:

i had headache and was tired and did not want to get out of bed so missed it

That is absouletly piss weak :( The only time Rusty does not attend training is when he has the sniffles. He pushes through the pain barrier of headaches and tiredness and can only be worn down by the sniffles. :D

So Hawks Heroes, a better effort is expected from you next time.

Full squad in training today except for Mr. Norm Smith. Unfortunatly I rocked up at 10:15 and missed the majority of training.

There were around 2,000 people in attendance on a nice sunny day in the City of Knox. :thumbsu:

I went along as well, and got there just before 9!

At the start the boys did kicking drills, stretching and running drills with one player behind another holding onto elastics round the front player to act as resistance, sprints and a few others.
They then split into 3 groups for handball drills.
From then onwards the midfielders moved to the other end of the ground so im not entirely sure what happened... but at the goal end the forwards and defenders matched up on each other and did some one-on-one stuff trying to mark/defend the balls being kicked by ozzy, guerra and buddy from outside 50. Then the forwards worked on leading and marking the balls being kicked from the stoppage drills the midfielders were doing in the centre of the ground and general goal kicking!

I think thats basically it, but someone from the other end of the ground may be able to speak more about what happened down there!

There were a few guys away from the main group at different times, including lewis (still in a sling), boyle, young, ladson, thorp and a few other I can't remember. Lewis was running well though and was beating young and boyle round the boundary!

I also didn't see Hodgey, but also didnt see Willo, Campbell or Ellis... but maybe I just missed them!

The kids clinic was after training and the guys were quite happy to sign autographs and have photos while the kids were swapping activities. I left just as the clinic finished so im not sure how the signing or anything went!

There was also the chance to have a photo with the premiership cup, sausage sizzle, posters n stickers for kids and a raffle for a hawks picture so overall it was a good morning out!

Got a few photos which im transferring now so hopefully i can put some up :)

Ohh and at one point Buddy did a tiny bit of contact work against Cyril so he seems to be coming along well, and I also noticed muston looked a bit sore during the kids clinic!

That is absouletly piss weak :( The only time Rusty does not attend training is when he has the sniffles. He pushes through the pain barrier of headaches and tiredness and can only be worn down by the sniffles. :D

So Hawks Heroes, a better effort is expected from you next time.

yeah i know i did have a late night too and early shifts but next time i will force my self no matter what :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back