brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
Have you travelled interstate to see your team play (away - not Hawks/North in Tassie) in 2012 and/or do you intend to?

I've been to see Essendon play on the Gold Coast for Dustin's 350th, will go to the first Sheedy Vs Hird match at the opening of Skoda Stadium and contemplating going over to see us play Port.

I'd be interested to know how many others regularly travel to see their team play interstate.

How many Tiger fans are heading over to SA to hopefully see their side get their 2nd win of the year?

How many Eagle fans will make the trip across here to Melbourne to see their team play before the finals?

We haven't seen many Gold Coast or Fremantle fans here in Melbourne and this week see the GWS play their first game in Melbourne. Will they have any fans outside of the group behind the goals?

Went to Melbourne to see the Crows put the sword to Carlton at the 'G' a few years back. Good times.

Freo v rich in 04 at the G, we didn't score in the first qtr (after a scoreless last qtr the week before) but managed a win.
2005 away to Adelaide, lost the game by a kick despite coming home with a wetsail and Pav kicking 8, 7 in the 2nd half.
2011 vs Sydney, miserable weather but got a win thanks to Razor Ray, the Sydney fans wanted to kill him. We went on to lose the last 7 games.

66% success rate, elite travelling record!

Started a few years back. Have not seen a losing game yet.

2011 went to Gold Coast. Good venue, great holiday, felt like a practice match.

Went to Perth, the year before we got smashed by 20 goals. Apart from sitting with sun in my eyes for last three quarters, good trip. Bonus with public transport is you show your ticket and transport is free. Quite handy when you are staying in Mandurah, 80 ks away.

Have also been to Darwin and Canberra to watch games.

Not bothered with going to Sydney or Adelaide. Might look at Brisbane later in the year.

Only disappointment is Bulldogs never go to fence and acknowledge supporters like other teams seem to do. Standing in centre, or at best CHF/CHB and raising thumb in air is not my idea of acknowledgment.

Usually go up to Sydney when Essendon play there as my cousins, who live in Sydney, are massive Swans fans. Friends and I drove across to Adelaide last year to see the Crows match and are planning to do so again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been to Melbourne 3 times & going to Sydney for the first time this weekend.

Only seen us win once & that was the first time I went to Melbourne; hoping at the end of this weekend my win/loss for interstate games will be 2/2...but I'm not holding much hope :eek:

Went to Melbourne three times last year to watch Freo v Richmond, Hawthorn and Melbourne iirc with a 0% success rate :( That was when I was living in Kalgoorlie. Now I'm in Derby and it is way more expensive and takes two flights to get to Melbourne (and that's with a 2hr drive to Broome to get on it). Nah, I think I'll stay put for a wee while. Maybe, just maybe, if we make the finals (*touches wood*), I might lob for the weekend....:rolleyes:

Absolutely, it's almost the only way I can do it. Here's a history of games that were NOT played at The Gabba or Carrara (attended games in 2008, 2009 and 2010 at The Gabba against Brisbane, and 2011 at Carrara vs Gold Coast and will be attending Gold Coast vs Fremantle this weekend)....

2006: Melbourne (vs Sydney, Docklands NAB Cup Round 1)
2009: Melbourne (vs Richmond Easter Monday, vs Hawthorn, both at Docklands)
2010: Melbourne (vs Hawthorn, MCG), Darwin (vs Port Adelaide), Melbourne (Preliminary Final vs St.Kilda, MCG)
2011: Melbourne (vs St.Kilda, Docklands), Canberra (vs Sydney), Perth (vs West Coast) [Also attended Geelong vs Hawthorn, MCG night after St.Kilda Game, and Grand Final]
2012: Adelaide (vs Adelaide) (also attended St.Kilda vs Gold Coast and Geelong vs Hawthorn in Melbourne over Easter Weekend)....
[TO COME: Melbourne (vs Collingwood, Docklands, Friday Night), Darwin (vs Gold Coast, May 19), Sydney (vs Sydney, SCG, June 3)

Really wanted to go to Gold Coast vs. Essendon couple of weeks ago and am shattered I didn't go (was on my birthday and didn't feel like making the trip if nobody else could attend) because I really wanted to see Metricon Stadium/Fletch350/GCS gun player(s) in person. Will go next time we are fixtured there (whenever that comes around).

Am going to attempt to get to one of the Footy Park games (Adel and Port both away three weeks apart) and either the Freo game at Subi or the GWS game at Skoda.

Will most probably end up seeing the Port-GWS combination as they are both Saturday games (day/night), don't feel like seeing a Sunday twilight game in Adelaide with work the next day, and I'd choose the Skoda opening over a trip to Subi this year.

flew down for (what was meant to be) the last ever game at waverley park. was hawks vs swans and we got rolled by about 13 or 14 goals.

2010 against the tigers at the mcg. up by a far bit, but the tigers came home with a head full of steam and pipped us by a couple of points in the end.

2005 grand final. got a ticket via putting an ad in the paper. got a bus down and it ended up being the best weekend of my life. :thumbsu:

edit: did manage to see my first ever game at ethiad the day after the game vs tigers. my mate is a west coast supporter, so we went along to the pies v eagles game. so, not sure if that one counts. was awesome seeing didak's 3 goals in 90 seconds though.

Love Metricon stadium great size. Good atmosphere.

Have been to SCG a few times to watch cricket, feel so close to the action. Wish pies still played there.

Tipping Adelaide teams will have more away fans once they move into the Adelaide oval. I will be making the trip.

I've been to 3 Carlton games interstate.

1) Carlton v Fremantle (Metricon Stadium) - 2009 Round 7
2) Sydney v Carlton (ANZ Stadium) - 2010 Elimination final
3) Gold Coast v Carlton (Gabba) - 2011 Round 2

1 win from 3 - not the best record for me, unfortunately.

Considering making a trip later in the year, possibly to Perth in round 12 to see the Blues take on West Coast.

I've also been to a Brisbane v Melbourne game at the Gabba a number of years ago. Can't remember the year nor the result. Was in Coolum with a few mates, one of whom is a Melbourne supporter, and we decided to drive there for the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back