Pinepower

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2005
Power Plant
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Power
Did anybody see the hit on Bartel in tonights game?

Was this the similar to Pickett?

I think what I am asking really is the match review committee and then the tribunal going to take the same stance as they did with Byron.

I don't think there was much in it, basically it was incidental contact and only slight.

However had it been Byron Pickett involved in the incident there would be no doubt he would be lining up in front of the firing squad next week.

But who knows, the current tribunal system is even more confusing that what it was before - I have given up trying to understand it.

6 weeks, lined him up, collected him in the head, possibillity for a broken neck and putting someone in a wheelchair.

6 weeks. Would wanna be ********ing consistent.

He'd have to go for 4-5 based on Byron's suspension. He continued a head on charge at a guy bent over the ball after he (the Geelong player) had run past it. As Macca said, put him in hospital. They can run the old Scott Salisbury defence of the grass did the damage, but it was pretty ugly.

Hmmm... as much as I would like to agree with you, there were a couple of differences between the incidents. Bartel was moving towards the play who gave him the him and shoulder, so he contributed a lot to the momentum at impact. It also looked like it wasn't the hit that knocked him out, but when his head hit the ground afterwards. I do agree though that if it was Choppy, he'd get cited and at least 4 weeks.

jasnik said:
Hmmm... as much as I would like to agree with you, there were a couple of differences between the incidents. Bartel was moving towards the play who gave him the him and shoulder, so he contributed a lot to the momentum at impact. It also looked like it wasn't the hit that knocked him out, but when his head hit the ground afterwards. I do agree though that if it was Choppy, he'd get cited and at least 4 weeks.

Bartel was bent over and Moloney came over the top of him with the hip. The ball was 2m behind him at the point of impact. He should be in serious trouble on that basis. Reckless at best, high, severity of impact is debatable depending if the grass pleads guilty...

Interesting observations really. I was listening to the live radio broadcast on ABC where the commentators opinions were varied. Gerrad Whatley thought there was nothing in it. Tim Lane thought it was very ugly and very dangerous and Moloney will be exorcising his own demons on the sidelines for a while as a result. And here is the interesting bit: Shwabby who was special comments man was mum for a good 5 minutes then skirted around the issue. My thoughts are: expect to hear more on this one. I think the Molo is in deep trouble...

Actually I heard some of that and I thought that there was a conflict of interest with Schwabb. Then I thought that I must have had the wrong person.

How does the AFL allow him to be a radio special comments man?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back