Trip Down Memory Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

Just tell your son that the Saints took time to be that good but we will be one step better next time

I still remember how exciting those times were I really hope it's that exciting again

Good advice and what my old man told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how your footy club and its players are part of our life, still don't know if it will ever be the same going to the footy and Lenny not being there. He was every thing that made sport good and I would just go to the footy knowing we couldn't win but knew I would still enjoy it with that #7 out on the field

Club's bigger than the player mate, I felt the same way about Harvey.

You'll move on in time.
Yep I know that mate, but players like Lenny and Harvs are what make clubs speical

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember Robert Harvey's last game. Was at this cool old fashioned restaurant place owned by Saints supporters, the owners two daughters were Saints fans, around the age of 20 and were balling their eyes out when Harvey played his last game (as we lost the prelim to Hawthorn). They were so sad for him. I was only 9 at the time so evidently I only have about 3-4 years of memories from Harvey's career, I missed so much of his career.

Harves was a gun player Joff but there was nowhere near the outpouring of emotion for his retirement as there has been for Lenny's.

Wow.

I have been in Melbourne since 1988 and have seen three Saints champions

Plugger
Harvs
Roo

Nobody else should be classed anywhere near them.

Lenny is not a patch on Harvs as a footballer. Seriously cant believe people think he would be.

I still remember Robert Harvey's last game. Was at this cool old fashioned restaurant place owned by Saints supporters, the owners two daughters were Saints fans, around the age of 20 and were balling their eyes out when Harvey played his last game (as we lost the prelim to Hawthorn). They were so sad for him. I was only 9 at the time so evidently I only have about 3-4 years of memories from Harvey's career, I missed so much of his career.
I remember it well

QzyOTvW.jpg

gk33JO7.jpg

(My photos)

Wow.

I have been in Melbourne since 1988 and have seen three Saints champions

Plugger
Harvs
Roo

Nobody else should be classed anywhere near them.

Lenny is not a patch on Harvs as a footballer. Seriously cant believe people think he would be.

Joff, many of the younger posters on here wouldn't have been old enough to see Harvs in his prime, so naturally opinion would err towards Lenny Hayes.

I unfortunately didn't have the privilege to watch Harvs until it was the tail end of his career, so there wasn't as great a deal of sadness, and probably took him for granted as well. I still am pretty saddened by Lenny's retirement, but you move on haha

Harvs > Lenny
Says a lot about both of them

Probably my three favourite players of all time. Noone has done the #8 or #35 justice since, I suspect #7 might have better fortunes!
Yep my 3 Favourites of all time Hayes, Harvs & Max All 3 of them legends

And would of seen 90% of all Vic games of all 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back