Troy Chaplin...All Australian Contender & Recruit of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came third in our B&F after having no preseason basically. Not a bad effort for a guy at a new club. Hopefully he can build on that next year. I said the same thing when we got him last year, he might not be an absolute elite KPD but his value to the team would be measured partly by how he helped mentor and coach the young defenders around him like Rance, Grimes, Morris etc. Has been a great pick up for us in that regard :thumbsu:

Needs to show far more intensity, Chaplin needed to show some leadership last night but he just appeared pretty awol in that department.

Struggling this year, though like most defenders is only as good as the midfield pressure ahead of him and it's being exposed badly.

One of many Tigers that needs to step up though.
Very well said, I think at best he's the third defender and traffic director. Being exposed badly with Rance missing.

Struggling this year, though like most defenders is only as good as the midfield pressure ahead of him and it's being exposed badly.

Fair if his opponent was killing him on the lead, but he's making all manner of mistakes. Personification of the backwards step that Richmond has taken. At face value, isn't coping with elevation to the leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Careful everyone. Hardwick mentioned in a presser that Chaplin was a potential captain of the club.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I'm not a hindsight guy, but his downfall at Port was when he was added to the leadership group.

Interesting comment mate. I've been trying to think of possible reasons for why his form has gone alarmingly downhill since last year. Didn't have any injuries over preseason so maybe its a mental thing?

With our 1 speed midfield, wouldn't mind having Mighty Whitey back! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back