Troy Pannell - 17 frees to WB, 1 to ADEL

Remove this Banner Ad

You think if you'd won that Bev would've made the same whinging noises in the media?

Oh boo hoo Michael told Daniel that Stringer was playing forward, which he had done for 90% of the year, and was obvious once the teams were released.

Its like Kade Kolo coming out and telling his brother that Ablett's going to play in the midfield.

41785_110349025684865_8902_n.jpg
again, it was Talias manager not Bevo, Talias manager said "Boo Hoo, Bevo wont even talk with him" blah blah. Whatever was said we'll never know, clearly the integrity unit didnt get to the bottom of it though

Anyway, ancient history.

Not going to happen surely.
Embarassing if it does

Doesnt mean there shouldnt be more questions asked.

I thinks some banners should be held up

17-1

The afl needs to know what happened is simply wrong in a modern comp

Bulldogs were paid 28 free kicks ...17 from one umpire

Crows 12 free kicks ....1 from Pannell

again, it was Talias manager not Bevo, Talias manager said "Boo Hoo, Bevo wont even talk with him" blah blah. Whatever was said we'll never know, clearly the integrity unit didnt get to the bottom of it though

Anyway, ancient history.

Ancient .....

But it's funny isn't you're club accuses a player of cheating

Yet when we accuse an umpire you can't see it ......

Funny that

Who? How? Wheres your evidence?

We can assum e the club leaked because they found out very quickly
Do you think umpires at the elite level have time to follow the game and monitor how many frees are being paid each way?

A lot of this bitching seems to be built on the false premise that free kicks should be even

No one is saying even

But 17 - 1 is just plain wrong if you can't see that you're thick ....and I know you're not thick

No one is saying even.

How did the media find out

How would I know? I'm not a journalist. Using my brain for a second though (I recommend you try it!), I'm sure they have inside sources in all kinds of organisations affiliated with the AFL. Isn't it rumoured that Barrett sometimes searches through peoples garbage for info? Maybe that's how? Who knows.

That's what they did

They leaked his name to the media
Oh cool. More totally baseless accusations.

You think if you'd won that Bev would've made the same whinging noises in the media?

Oh boo hoo Michael told Daniel that Stringer was playing forward, which he had done for 90% of the year, and was obvious once the teams were released.

Its like Kade Kolo coming out and telling his brother that Ablett's going to play in the midfield.
You have just as much idea as to what information was shared between the two parties as I do. None. Don't pretend that you actually know.

The phones were lost and the public will never know.

I thinks some banners should be held up

17-1

The afl needs to know what happened is simply wrong in a modern comp

Bulldogs were paid 28 free kicks ...17 from one umpire

Crows 12 free kicks ....1 from Pannell

Oh you dont need to remind me.
But any protest is embarassing.

The club should go down as many avenues as they can, especially given the umpires coaches etc decided they'd sweep it under the rug.

The club should go down as many avenues as they can, especially given the umpires coaches etc decided they'd sweep it under the rug.

Or, did the umpires coaches objectively (ie without emotion) examine each incident and deem him to have been correct? ie no case to answer, move along nothing to see here.

Or, did the umpires coaches objectively (ie without emotion) examine each incident and deem him to have been correct? ie no case to answer, move along nothing to see here.

Don't talk sense to him mate

Newsflash: Most people do. Unfortunately a lot of those people are sheep and succumb to groupthink.

It was more of a prediction then, will he umpire another Adelaide at AO or Bulldogs game this year like you said you dont have to be a sheep its your choice how you answer. Personally I think the AFL wont because he cant be trusted!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every other time that theres been a number of mistakes in a game they've come out and said "nah nah there were maybe one or two".

How is it possibly objective when they are past umpires who have personal relationships with the current umpires?

thats like saying the AFL investigating Essendon PEDs or Melbournes tanking were objective. Even though both investigations were dodgy as hell.

Every other time that theres been a number of mistakes in a game they've come out and said "nah nah there were maybe one or two".

How is it possibly objective when they are past umpires who have personal relationships with the current umpires?

thats like saying the AFL investigating Essendon PEDs or Melbournes tanking were objective. Even though both investigations were dodgy as hell.
And perhaps the AFL Integrity units investigation of Talia-gate?

I agree

It was more of a prediction then, will he umpire another Adelaide at AO or Bulldogs game this year like you said you dont have to be a sheep its your choice how you answer. Personally I think the AFL wont because he cant be trusted!

I hope for his sake he doesn't have to umpire in Adelaide because I'd fear for his safety based on some of the reactions from Crows fans that I've seen around the place. Who knows what a hysterical mob of supporters would do to him if they spotted him after the game...

I'll be very very curious if Pannell umpires the Bulldogs again this year

I'm betting he doesn't get another dogs game ..
I hope you're right. I'm getting fed up with excuses from opposition supporters!

Its based on the decisions he made or didnt make.
Every 50-50 went to the bulldogs
At least 5 free kicks he gave to the bulldogs categorically weren't frees.
He gave 1 free to Adelaide for an entire game.
True, but the game is won or lost on the scoreboard. The 5 rubbish frees he gave to the Dogs didn't result in goals. The one (correct) free he gave to the Crows did. A lot of the frees both ways were irrelevant anyway because the receiving team already had the ball :cool:

I hope you're right. I'm getting fed up with excuses from opposition supporters!

True, but the game is won or lost on the scoreboard. The 5 rubbish frees he gave to the Dogs didn't result in goals. The one (correct) free he gave to the Crows did. A lot of the frees both ways were irrelevant anyway because the receiving team already had the ball :cool:

Some people may say the umpires cost us the game. Thats garbage.
We were soundly out-played.

That doesn't change the fact, however, that at important stages in the game free kicks were given (or not given) that were incorrect and benefited the bulldogs. Just because we didnt deserve to win, doesnt mean we shouldnt have had the opportunity.

I generally just shout at the telly when they stuff it up ;)

I hope for his sake he doesn't have to umpire in Adelaide because I'd fear for his safety based on some of the reactions from Crows fans that I've seen around the place. Who knows what a hysterical mob of supporters would do to him if they spotted him after the game...

Ill take that as a no from both of you, considering you want to avoid the question!

With the fact you dont believe he will umpire either bulldogs or Adelaide games at AO, would you consider the AFL sees him as untrusted to umpire those games because of his past history?

Last edited:
Ill take that as a no from both of you, considering you want to avoid the question!

With the fact you dont believe he will umpire either bulldogs or Adelaide games at AO, would you consider the AFL sees him as untrusted to umpire those games because of his past history?
Not avoiding the question, I just don't have a crystal ball handy to answer it! I have no idea if he'll umpire another Dogs game or at AO again.

It's possible the AFL would lack trust in him on those games, I don't know

Not avoiding the question, I just don't have a crystal ball handy to answer it! I have no idea if he'll umpire another Dogs game or at AO again.

It's possible the AFL would lack trust in him on those games, I don't know

Why wouldn't you consider it possible that would lack trust in him in those particular games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back