Ultimate Footy VII- 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not waiting 2 hours between picks. How long is the time limit set for individual picks?
This is a slow draft it's the only way to allow everyone to pick their team, not everyone is online at once i'm afraid. People are welcome to message me their phone numbers if they'd like a text when their pick is up or you can set email alerts which does the same thing. The time limit is 4 hours per pick which is generally reduced as the draft gets into the later rounds. The clock runs between 8am and 10pm each day, based on past drafts we normally get through 1-3 rounds a day depending upon the day.

This is a slow draft it's the only way to allow everyone to pick their team, not everyone is online at once i'm afraid. People are welcome to message me their phone numbers if they'd like a text when their pick is up or you can set email alerts which does the same thing. The time limit is 4 hours per pick which is generally reduced as the draft gets into the later rounds. The clock runs between 8am and 10pm each day, based on past drafts we normally get through 1-3 rounds a day depending upon the day.

I've been playing SC draft for years and we've never had a problem with most being online at the same time. The few who can't do pre-picks and hope for the best. Last year we had 18 teams with 22 man squads, draft was done in one evening. ****** amateurs.

I've been playing SC draft for years and we've never had a problem with most being online at the same time. The few who can't do pre-picks and hope for the best. Last year we had 18 teams with 22 man squads, draft was done in one evening. ****** amateurs.
I agree people should set autopicks if they are away from devices for a few hours.

We've all done live drafts, slow drafts are a fairer system. With a live draft if say 4 teams don't make then that's 4 teams who generally don't show up for the season because they didn't pick their team. This is just meant to be a fun league that allows full participation, it's really not hard to draft slowly over a few weeks, there are a multitude of ways to know when your pick is up. Did you want to take a chill pill and play or did you want to keep ranting and throwing out random abuse and quit?

We've all done live drafts, slow drafts are a fairer system. With a live draft if say 4 teams don't make then that's 4 teams who generally don't show up for the season because they didn't pick their team. This is just meant to be a fun league that allows full participation, it's really not hard to draft slowly over a few weeks, there are a multitude of ways to know when your pick is up. Did you want to take a chill pill and play or did you want to keep ranting and throwing out random abuse and quit?

Will everyone be receiving a full participation medal at the end of the season? :$

I'm not sitting through a 2 week draft. That's absurd, if you can't be available for draft night, just don't play ffs. You can delete my team from your league. If you can't my team will consist of Grundy as I've set my preferences to skip all my remaining picks. Thanks for wasting my time.

Will everyone be receiving full participation medals at the end of the season? :$

I'm not sitting through a 2 week draft. That's absurd, if you can't be available for draft night, just don't play ffs. You can delete my team from your league. If you can't my team will consist of Grundy as I've set my preferences to skip all my remaining picks. Thanks for wasting my time.
what a ******* ******** like deadset campaigner are you 12?

Will everyone be receiving full participation medals at the end of the season? :$

The point is to allow everyone to play, considering in 7 years you're the first to have a complete an utter meltdown and act like an absolute child after 1 pick i'd say that says a lot about you so i wont bother talking sense to you. I replaced you it took me a whole of 5 seconds, BYE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think a 4 hour time limit for picks is reasonable and I'M the ******* campaigner?? LOL
Mate you've lost the plot. We've done it this way for 6 or 7 seasons now, and you wander in today and throw your toys out the cot within 20 minutes? Get a grip.

I'd actually prefer a quick draft but fmd, the long draft is what the majority wants so that's what we're doing. Throwing a tantrum about it now is just pathetic

nice start to my first time playing haha whats the cut off time at night? whats the 13 hours up the top mean?

nice start to my first time playing haha whats the cut off time at night? whats the 13 hours up the top mean?

That's the time left for the current person to have their pick, it's set at 4 hours a pick between 8am and 10pm. So if it's your turn at 9pm you'll get all night to pick.

Mate you've lost the plot. We've done it this way for 6 or 7 seasons now, and you wander in today and throw your toys out the cot within 20 minutes? Get a grip.

Mate, just because you've been doing something one way for 7 years doesn't make it the right way.

BTW I didn't ask to play, I was invited. I would have knocked back the invite had I known that you all require 4 hours to make the simplest of decisions and can't get your heads around pre-setting pick preferences.

Mate, just because you've been doing something one way for 7 years doesn't make it the right way.

BTW I didn't ask to play, I was invited. I would have knocked back the invite had I known that you all require 4 hours to make the simplest of decisions and can't get your heads around pre-setting pick preferences.

I understand your frustration, seriously. But I dealt with it by setting the email reminder and then just forgetting about it until it was my turn.

I understand your frustration, seriously. But I dealt with it by setting the email reminder and then just forgetting about it until it was my turn.
Dude don't get him started again. I think everyone has been impatient at one point or another but we've never managed to get a full league in to draft at once so we stick with the slow draft. Seems to be the consensus that slow draft and everyone being allowed a shot to play and draft is the better way to go and disagreeing with that is one thing but going about it in the manner he did is just not how you interact with people.

I hear you, but I'm not as committed to UF as you to do that. For me, choosing draft picks under the pressure of a 1-2 minute time limit is an essential skill of draft league. Separates the wheat from the chaff, especially after the top 100 players are gone. Each to their own. Good luck.

Last edited:
A normal draft done in one night would be nice for once. I feel like everyone does want that.

On the other hand, the tradition of the slow draft is... tradition. It's absurd but at the same time it is custom.

I don't know how to feel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back