Umpire failure explaination fail (NOT a winge about losing)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2015-04-14/was-poppy-pinged-correctly

The muppet claims the umpire can be let off for deciding a tap was a throw because in slow motion it looked a bit like a throw

Umpires have slow mo vision now do they ? No need for video reviews then ?

Watch the whole video, its just amateurish the way they try to explain incompetence away

The whinge here is about the pathetic explaination, on the day I was just meh, s**t happens we lost because we played badly.

I forgot to mention the people in the video agreed the umpire got it wrong, but . " It looked more like a throw in slow mo so you can understand the umpire getting it wrong"

What a complete cluster * of a segment "whistleblowers" is. It consists of token female host, one bloke that knows the rules, and Luke Ball wistfully repeating "as a player... as a player.... as a player.." desperately trying to remain relevant as long as he can before he slips into obscurity..

On the "throw", Even if this example isn't as the rules are written "a throw" it should still be pinged IMO. If you choose to use both hands to move the ball on, the only legal disposal should be a handpass.

I thought that was a throw. He basically catches the ball, albeit briefly, and then pushes it on. If he slaps or taps the ball with both hands, all well and good. I'd prefer that than have volleyball techniques creeping into the game and players 'setting' the ball to their team-mates.

It's preferable that the umpires call a couple of wrong or borderline throws than let the raft of throws go that they have in recent years.

It wan't a throw, ruckmen do two handed tap downs all the time. Should have gone one handed to avoid the risk though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back