Roast Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting umpiring against Sydney. I actually threw my wine glass against the wall in the final quartet!
It took a lot of self control not to throw something. In the end though, you can't really fault Sydney's pressure. They got some 50/50 calls in their favour (high contact on McGlynn, that tripping call and a few others), probably gave them 1-2 goals. But in that 4th quarter we had so many clearances smothered by good Sydney pressure.

Saturday was probably the first time in forever i legitimately didnt think we could win because of the influence of the umpires.. its too to hard to compensate for 3 individuals having a 75% / 25% lenience towards the opposition. We are no doubt the ugly duckling of the top 4... the AFL would see us as their last option for making it through again, they either get:
A) their darlings from NSW get through
B) Another "Classic" hawks/Geelong edition

Never used profanities as much as i did in those 3 hours.. between the umpires and the commentators, its just disappointing in todays so called "professional" age.

Trust me, I feel your pain.... used words I didn't know I knew

Now I'll have to wait till October to start a clean sheet :D

Ross will never say anything. Never has, never will.

I would be surprised if he even mentions the delayed flights/missing defenders etc.

He won't say it in the media, but I'm willing to bet the club are privately ropeable and have asked the AFL for a please explain on numerous occasions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back