Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t have have Stan Sport so didn’t watch but saw the brief highlights. Looked like Raya had a super game.

Longer/extended highlights are usually available on YouTube by now, if I find a decent one I’ll post it here for you. Yes Raya was very very good all game, he will right get his accolades for 2 massive penalty saves.

However the tie could’ve been over earlier if not for a very sharp save earlier in the match to snuff them out, and aerially he was dominant in claiming anything that threatened. So wary were they of his distribution, they basically had blokes “accidentally” falling into him when they saw him looking to launch quickly.

He was outstanding, he and Odeegard the two standouts for Arsenal.

Longer/extended highlights are usually available on YouTube by now, if I find a decent one I’ll post it here for you. Yes Raya was very very good all game, he will right get his accolades for 2 massive penalty saves.

However the tie could’ve been over earlier if not for a very sharp save earlier in the match to snuff them out, and aerially he was dominant in claiming anything that threatened. So wary were they of his distribution, they basically had blokes “accidentally” falling into him when they saw him looking to launch quickly.

He was outstanding, he and Odeegard the two standouts for Arsenal.
Cheers Glen.

It seems that now Arteta has firmly picked his number one that Raya has settled and has the confidence. Still think the way he did it all was completely unnecessary and created the friction in the first place.

Who are we wanting to get in the quarters? Are there still restrictions at this stage? Can’t keep up with the changes these days.

Just ******* glorious.

I posted earlier that left hand side just not quite clicking as yet. However Odeegard recognised that as well. Drifts across there, takes charge, unpicks the lock with a brilliant timing of the run and then finish by Trossard.

Magnificent.

Ødegaard is a phenomenon.

What a player. Beautiful play to set up the goal, the touch, the move to fool the defender into overcommitting and then the class through-ball.

And what a leader too, takes the first penalty, takes charge in the game. He and Rice are great leaders on the pitch. I don't think we've had that (to this extent) since PV4.

Last edited:
Cheers Glen.

It seems that now Arteta has firmly picked his number one that Raya has settled and has the confidence. Still think the way he did it all was completely unnecessary and created the friction in the first place.

Who are we wanting to get in the quarters? Are there still restrictions at this stage? Can’t keep up with the changes these days.

Yes I feel if Arteta had his time again, he wouldn’t have gone down the “subbing the goalkeeper” stuff. Created an unnecessary narrative to an already challenging situation.

By the way I thought I found some decent highlights, however I clicked into it first and it was a dude playing Arsenal v Porto on fifa. He sucked me in for a click haha. I’ll keep an eye on it.

Ødegaard is a phenomenon.

What a player. Beautiful play to set up the goal, the touch, the move to fool the defender Indy overcommitting and then the class through ball.

And what a leader too, takes the first penalty, takes charge in the game. He and Rice are great leaders on the pitch. I don't think we've had that (to this extent) since PV4.

100%. One of the main reasons Jorginho was on the pitch too tonight. That leadership and in game management can make all the difference. I’ll say it again, when Odegaard was striding up to take that first penalty, I knew already it was 1-0.

Nah, was a foul for pulling Pepe's shirt, and it was definitely a foul.

But given everything else that wasn't called all night, it certainly stood out.

Yes I saw it again later on and no doubt it’s a foul. Just very unnecessary. I feel Havertz slid too far over in that fine balance between discipline and aggression. Thankfully however that’s not now the main narrative from the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to take my wife to an appointment (she drove there, I needed to driver her home), finding a stream in the car was incredibly frustrating.

I was sitting in the waiting room of a fertility clinic by the time it got to pens - and I was a nervous wreck. Deep breaths, sighing, fidgeting. And it cut out at bloody Havertz's pen! Off to Livescore I went lol

WHAT A TIME TO BE A GOONER! WE ARE BACK BABY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back