News Update: Confirmed - Victoria v Allstars, February 28th, Marvel Stadium, broadcast on 7 & Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Official game day thread for the Vic v All-Stars match:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it goes OK, set a shcedule to do it on average every 4 years with a 2-6 year break between. that way its rare enough to have positive player and fan interest, and every player gets the opportunity to be selected.

What a sad sack bitter twisted person. You know what - it won't be any better in 2020.
I'm sad? Because I don't fall inline with all the Richmond folk conducting themselves like car salesmen trying to convince people that Cotchin is a superstar. You guys are awesome...you all have this 'how dare you speak ill of our beloved Trent' mantra.

The messiah throws himself aggressively at a contest and Richmond faithful erupt in admiration.

Rinse and repeat.

Spare us.

I'm sad? Because I don't fall inline with all the Richmond folk conducting themselves like car salesmen trying to convince people that Cotchin is a superstar. You guys are awesome...you all have this 'how dare you speak ill of our beloved Trent' mantra.

The messiah throws himself aggressively at a contest and Richmond faithful erupt in admiration.

Rinse and repeat.

Spare us.
Keep digging your hole.....it is getting deeper than your ladder position.Trent has score on the board, so stop making a fool of yourself.

Imagine caring about the captain of one of the teams in a one-off charity game
WTF are you doing here then? You had enough to say when Pendles was talked about as Captain. Besides it is not about being Captain,it is about Cotchin’s football ability and leadership. He has deservedly been rewarded.The whingers should go back to their own boards - or fortress in your club’s case.

WTF are you doing here then? You had enough to say when Pendles was talked about as Captain. Besides it is not about being Captain,it is about Cotchin’s football ability and leadership. He has deservedly been rewarded.The whingers should go back to their own boards - or fortress in your club’s case.
adammania9?? The biggest big footy troll is back from under the shell he has been hiding in since the 21st of September 2019... welcome back hermit 🐚

Rinse and repeat.

Spare us.
It’s kick and giggle bud.

Unsure of your outrage on this, given in your words he’s pretty much tossing the coin and giving a 20 second pep talk.

It’s seriously not worth your angst. It’s a good cause and if it gives you some enjoyment, give it a watch.

You had enough to say when Pendles was talked about as Captain.
When???? I have never written about it ever because as stated, I do not care.

Besides it is not about being Captain,it is about Cotchin’s football ability and leadership. He has deservedly been rewarded.The whingers should go back to their own boards - or fortress in your club’s case.

Good for him. Haven't seen any more than like two people on this website dispute his selection as captain. Richmond supporters arguing with themselves again, it seems.

I guess this is the place, though looking at some of the recent comments in this thread not much is being said about the game. Nobody cares which players did the most, the players certainly didn't. This was an event for those affected in the fires, a great honour for all the players and a delight for us football starved fans.

Where to start. Its so hard to see the best in players playing for other teams, particularly if they are playing against you. Every contest you have the blinkers on looking for what your player did well or looking for the free kick. I have this problem too all of the time.

I loved the game, I loved that I could feel like all the VICs were my team (and I could also enjoy the Allies). I realized with certainty just how good that ratbag Toby Greene was because I could watch him and he was playing for me! He was brilliant. All the GWS boys were a delight to watch, the Collingwood boys, loved that tackle by Grundy on Pendles ^^. the Bont, so many others.

I smiled when all the players smiled and showed such commeraderie. I enjoyed that Dusty had such a good time with his chance team mates and that all the players were so happy to be playing with players from other teams that they admired.

I remembered past state games where just for a day some of the players I most admired from other teams were playing for me.

I hope the concept does continue every 2 or 3 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back