Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting reading the old thread about Tallangatta's coach helping up at Corryong. Don't you mean coaching Feds?:confused::confused::confused:
The ex tallangatta coach is a mate of Corryong's 3rds coach and thats about it as far as i know. I'm sure Evan and Justin will get the Demons back on track in 2012. I see Ref your favorite player (Voight) romped in Cudgy's B and F by 20 plus votes so he must of had a reasonable year in a team that made the GF. Anyone know of the other B and F winners?:confused:

The ex tallangatta coach is a mate of Corryong's 3rds coach and thats about it as far as i know. I'm sure Evan and Justin will get the Demons back on track in 2012. I see Ref your favorite player (Voight) romped in Cudgy's B and F by 20 plus votes so he must of had a reasonable year in a team that made the GF. Anyone know of the other B and F winners?:confused:
Evan Nicholas won the seniors with Jarrod Cass being runners up for the mighty Dees.:footy:

Toecutter don't get me confused with Super Wog [voight]
See todays paper has kurt wilson Ass Coach of Chiltern ,word was he was heading to tumba as their Ass Coach.Does anyone know why change of heart.Would of been a great pick-up for tumba.Corryong could have a couple of inter-state players heading there way,don't know if true or not. Has anyone else heard this?

Toecutter don't get me confused with Super Wog [voight]
See todays paper has kurt wilson Ass Coach of Chiltern ,word was he was heading to tumba as their Ass Coach.Does anyone know why change of heart.Would of been a great pick-up for tumba.Corryong could have a couple of inter-state players heading there way,don't know if true or not. Has anyone else heard this?

Corryong used to get a lot of players from Khancoban in the old days, ref, so interstate recruits aren't new.

Heard on the grapevine that Glen Eddy is being chased for UM coaching jobs.

I'm sure that there wouldn't be a lot of difference between Tumba and Chiltern to Kirk- many players closely related to each other. Far less travelling though.

Corryong used to get a lot of players from Khancoban in the old days, ref, so interstate recruits aren't new.

Heard on the grapevine that Glen Eddy is being chased for UM coaching jobs.

I'm sure that there wouldn't be a lot of difference between Tumba and Chiltern to Kirk- many players closely related to each other. Far less travelling though.
Thats a interesting one clyde, i was talking bout eddy yesterday with a good mate of his who got him up to cudgy and from what he was talking bout eddy would be heading bak up to cudgy with some players aswell, i think unless someone offered him alot of cash he would have to take it but i reckon he will be happy playing a few games with the murray crays and a few at cudgy like last year, do u think he is heading to walwa?

I was speaking to an obese associate of mine and he informed me that the standard of UMFL football has improved drastically since the mid 2000's.

Can anyone confirm this? or is he telling porkies?

I was speaking to an obese associate of mine and he informed me that the standard of UMFL football has improved drastically since the mid 2000's.

Dont no if you could say the comp has improved drastically by going back to 16 a side and the seconds comp being so weak for the last 5 years, maybe he means by the quality of players clubs are getting has improved. Id put that down to more blokes willing to chase the big bucks in bush footy then having a real crack at the big time

No doubt having 16 a side means teams have to be a lot fitter so there aren't as many old and unfit blokes out on the ground. The standard is better and its helped the 2's comp as with only 20 rather than 22 a side the last 2 blokes who aren't really up to seniors can help make up numbers in the 2's. Even Feds managed to field a 2's side for a whole year without a forfeit so it has been a smart move for a league that was battling for numbers.

Eddy is likely to be back at BB having a kick in the 2's as one of his mates is likely to be coaching their reserves and he lives around the corner from their footy ground. Federal signing Brad Tyrell as coach is a smart move as with having connections at Walla and BB is a big show to be bringing plenty of Hume league players up next season as they were expected to lose a large number of players in the off season.

No doubt having 16 a side means teams have to be a lot fitter so there aren't as many old and unfit blokes out on the ground. The standard is better and its helped the 2's comp as with only 20 rather than 22 a side the last 2 blokes who aren't really up to seniors can help make up numbers in the 2's. Even Feds managed to field a 2's side for a whole year without a forfeit so it has been a smart move for a league that was battling for numbers.

Eddy is likely to be back at BB having a kick in the 2's as one of his mates is likely to be coaching their reserves and he lives around the corner from their footy ground. Federal signing Brad Tyrell as coach is a smart move as with having connections at Walla and BB is a big show to be bringing plenty of Hume league players up next season as they were expected to lose a large number of players in the off season.
Sorry to hear bout eddy not hanging round next year:(:( as i think he still has a bit to offer senior footy, but if he wants to play hume league 2nds good luck to him, guess the travel up to cudgy would be a factor,and he is nearly pushing 60:p:p:p Who is likely to get the job at b.b always interesting knowing who is coaching who in other leagues. Will be interesting who went up to cudgy this year stays and who billy can get up there next year reckon he may get a couple of good ones, best move coaching wise the blues have made in 10 years. Well done to k.P on his job at feds last two years getting the club to a g.f and p.f does anyone no if he is heading back to mitta

From what i was told feds could be losing as up to as many 18 players with retirements, players trying there luck in the o and m and the odd player not returning to the club, so tyrell may have to bring a few players with him to make up the numbers... was said kris pearce was going to continue as a player but that will probley change before the season begins i reckon. As for eddy he will be a loss for cudgy as he was set to bring some players with him but things may not fall into place at bb saints and he may be up the hills again. I heard corryong 2nds where starting training very soon???????? If theres any truth to that rumour could there seniors maybe be joining them as they are the club that will need a big long summer on the track and on the phone getting 10 decent players to the club and yes DEMON85 that means you may have to fork out some cash so ur club dosent get s**t canned all winter next year.

I heard corryong 2nds where starting training very soon???????? If theres any truth to that rumour could there seniors maybe be joining them as they are the club that will need a big long summer on the track and on the phone getting 10 decent players to the club and yes DEMON85 that means you may have to fork out some cash so ur club dosent get s**t canned all winter next year.
Dunno about any preseason training before XMAS unless the Albury boys are doing a bit down there. I pay at the gate every week like any TRUE Demon's supporter and i know the club isn't struggling financially but maybe its up to the coaches and committee to get up off their arses and actually recruit some QUALITY players next season and as it's true S/W you can only defend the club so often before enough is enough.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ha, from my days, pre-season in the upper murray was getting the cows off the paddock and not eating maccas about a month out from the first game, I couldnt imagine any club doing any training before March, let alone before christmas.As for recruiting, you have a guy from Albury now, who has played for some of the better hume and tallangatta clubs, you would think he should be able to get a few, even if they are fringe, still better than what was there last year, I wont bag any club out for recruiting etc until round 1, as its a long bloody way off, just look at the bagging magpies copped before round 1 last year, and they turned out to be a lot better than predicted.

Eddy was probably the most under rated recruit of the year, good player and better footy smarts, if true a massive loss. Feds 18 players lost...hope for there sake this isnt true, good coaching decision though, so lets hope he can get them all to stick around and get some more up here.

Heard a whisper there was some rumblings at Bullioh with the committee, and one of the reids is coaching (dont know who just an unconfirmed rumour)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feds 18 players lost...hope for there sake this isnt true, good coaching decision though, so lets hope he can get them all to stick around and get some more up here.

Heard a whisper there was some rumblings at Bullioh with the committee, and one of the reids is coaching (dont know who just an unconfirmed rumour)
Clint Reid is a definate starter as senior coach at Bullioh in 2012. Talked to a couple of Feds boys the other day and they reckon with a former local coaching a few of the boys will hold off retirement for 12 months. Feds and Corryong have both had a crack at James Paton by he'll be playing at Culcairn or travelling overseas next year. Any news at the mighty Magpies Tiger???:confused:

I have heard a few snippets,but they are only rumours at the moment,I believe Buttsy doesnt want the job again he wants to play and thats it,I have heard that one of the players he brought with him 2 years ago has put his hand up for the job after B/Ws first choice rolled over on them[He made all these grand statements about what he was going to do for the club and then bailed out]piss weak if you ask me.I do know one thing,they had better get on the recruitment track as they are loseing a few good ones.

I have heard a few snippets,but they are only rumours at the moment,I believe Buttsy doesnt want the job again he wants to play and thats it,I have heard that one of the players he brought with him 2 years ago has put his hand up for the job after B/Ws first choice rolled over on them[He made all these grand statements about what he was going to do for the club and then bailed out]piss weak if you ask me.I do know one thing,they had better get on the recruitment track as they are loseing a few good ones.
Their first choice wasn't a Jindera premiership player Tiger?;)

Their first choice wasn't a Jindera premiership player Tiger?;)

You are a good guesser Toecutter,he was a seconds G/F player,and he has given ST PATS G/F winning cricket team the flick as well. What gets up my nose about it all is he made these outlandish statements and then wiped them like a dirty arse.I also believe he has even spoken to at least one player to give B/W the toss and go to Jindera with him,great morals.

You are a good guesser Toecutter,he was a seconds G/F player,and he has given ST PATS G/F winning cricket team the flick as well. What gets up my nose about it all is he made these outlandish statements and then wiped them like a dirty arse.I also believe he has even spoken to at least one player to give B/W the toss and go to Jindera with him,great morals.

Just wondering if he has coached or played in the Upper Murray a few years ago !!!! Is he chasing coin or Macca's !!

Just wondering if he has coached or played in the Upper Murray a few years ago !!!! Is he chasing coin or Macca's !!

He did play in the UMFL a couple of years ago but went back to Jindera,played in thier 2s GF winning side spoke to BW about coaching there next year but all of a sudden HE WANTS TO BE THE PRESIDENT OF JINDERA.What a F---ing joke. And the worst part about it is I have to have xmas F---ing dinner with him.:thumbsdown:

Come on,somebody at least disagree with me,am I wrong in my assessment of THE NEXT PRESIDENT of Jindera footy club or is he right in the way he treated B/W? He told B/W you have to spend xxx amount of $$s to win a flag,the players WILL BE FIT if I get the job,Kiss my brown star,its all about HIM.XMAS LUNCH IS GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING.

i think i know the guy. Did his brother coach one of the teams up here a few years ago? if thats him he is chasing the coin to pay for his maccas! Also heard that clint reid is doing the bullioh job. Should mean they dont lose too many. Feds could lose a few but hopefully Brad has some contacts down there and we can pick up some recruits early on to get things rolling. Pearcey did a great job for 2 years and will still stick around the club next year in some capacity.

Come on,somebody at least disagree with me,am I wrong in my assessment of THE NEXT PRESIDENT of Jindera footy club or is he right in the way he treated B/W? He told B/W you have to spend xxx amount of $$s to win a flag,the players WILL BE FIT if I get the job.
He might be right in that you have to spend $$$ to win premierships but its who you spend it on that matters. You blokes spending money on 2's players from other leagues (or Wodonga Saints seniors:p) hasn't been a big success same for Corryong whose recruits from Albury haven't done squat in the last couple of years. At least Bullioh's can play, i'm sure every club would love a recruit like Hickey brought to their club.

He might be right in that you have to spend $$$ to win premierships but its who you spend it on that matters. You blokes spending money on 2's players from other leagues (or Wodonga Saints seniors:p) hasn't been a big success same for Corryong whose recruits from Albury haven't done squat in the last couple of years. At least Bullioh's can play, i'm sure every club would love a recruit like Hickey brought to their club.

You are one hundred percent correct JG in saying its who you spend your $$s on,Im not disputeing that at all,what Im saying is he flapped those things on the front of his face and then rolled over on them.:rolleyes: And as far as Hickey goes,good footballer,would be better if he had a bit of guts,would not be out of place in the Bullioh netball team.

You are one hundred percent correct JG in saying its who you spend your $$s on,Im not disputeing that at all,what Im saying is he flapped those things on the front of his face and then rolled over on them.:rolleyes: And as far as Hickey goes,good footballer,would be better if he had a bit of guts,would not be out of place in the Bullioh netball team.

I am presuming we are talking about one of the Arendarkikas boys. And I think Cassie which is a massive surprise?? In regard to spending money on the right guys you are talking about, why would a club even consider Cassie to coach them? Good bloke as far as I know but his football credentials are almost zero and his coaching credentials are literally ZERO. A very average, unfit seconds Hume league footballer should not be the Coach of an UM Team in my opinion and can not believe he was potentially offered the job.

I am presuming we are talking about one of the Arendarkikas boys. And I think Cassie which is a massive surprise?? In regard to spending money on the right guys you are talking about, why would a club even consider Cassie to coach them? Good bloke as far as I know but his football credentials are almost zero and his coaching credentials are literally ZERO. A very average, unfit seconds Hume league footballer should not be the Coach of an UM Team in my opinion and can not believe he was potentially offered the job.

Forward Pocket,dont know where you got that one from,you are miles off the mark,and he wasnt offered anything,so potentially you can believe what you like,he was never considered and would not be even approached to play with B/W,as you say he is a great young fella as is he,s brother,and no he isnt the one either.I will give you a clue,this blokes cousin broke he,s leg playing against Corryong midseason,and probably wont play this comeing season if he even goes back at all.Come on somebody must know who he is.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back