Multiplat Vampire Survivor

Remove this Banner Ad

On holiday atm and doing some work... I decided to play one game this morning after it.

Made it too 30mins for the first time and saw the reaper that owned me.

Garlic, wand, ninja stars, fire wand and whip are my favourite so far, paired with the ring that gives extra projectiles is god mode.

Using the first character still.

With

Ninja stars? Do you mean knives?

using different characters and gear unlocks more characters and gear

also it is well worth going to new unlocked stages for the relics

Ninja stars? Do you mean knives?

using different characters and gear unlocks more characters and gear

also it is well worth going to new unlocked stages for the relics
Not knives that go in a straight line at lvl1 it's like a four pointed star that flys around sporadically

Need more money to unlock each character, just had my first run on the second level, finished it first go with the first toon and similar build of weapons and additional items

Also gamepass rocks

Not knives that go in a straight line at lvl1 it's like a four pointed star that flys around sporadically

Need more money to unlock each character, just had my first run on the second level, finished it first go with the first toon and similar build of weapons and additional items

Also gamepass rocks
sounds like crosses, you can look them up in the collection

they go towards the nearest enemy for a bit then reverse and go the other way

1669073984201.png

so it is worth a go on Game Pass you reckon?
absolutely worth a go on game pass, works on pc and xbox and your progress is there on both

early game can be frustrating, you need a few goes to work out what weapons do, what works for you etc, then you need some luck for it to all come together

you can look at unlock requirements in game and and try and get specific things, unlocked, best way to play really is trial and error and find out what works for you

the more different things you try the more the game opens up

don't fall into the trap of trying to finish stage 1 or just trying the same character and gear combos all the time, you won't progress very far that way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Little indie game that has blown up recently.
Done a couple of runs and was like meh, gave it another go it was so so and just now stuck on it for 3 hours and bam I'm hooked.

Basically my first impression, disliked it after 5 minutes. Didn't have a clue what I was doing (obviously the aim is to not die/lose health when confronting the hordes coming at you... But I wasn't aware that it automatically fired off your range of attacks for you lol). Then lasted 2 minutes, a few 5 minutes, 10+ minutes, then got stuck 14-16 minutes a bunch of times. Finally went over the 20 minute mark last night, then finally managed to last 30 minutes (and died within 5 seconds facing death!).

Have also reached the 30 minute mark in the library.

Need to experiment with more characters and different range of attacks. The forest level, I just used the default character and upgraded the whip (plus the bible, axes etc). The library level I used Gennaro, and focused on upgrading the knives, the garlic, the firebombs (fully ascended them!). Got up to level 80 with chaos (attacks and enemies) everywhere. Managed to survive several near deaths (once I hit the 60's the only "upgrades" that popped up upon level completeion were 25 coins or the turkey to give back some health).

I started playing it on Gamepass a few nights ago.
I've since purchased it on pc via Steam (8 hours of game time so far), so I can have a few runs during my breaks throughout the day!

Basically my first impression, disliked it after 5 minutes. Didn't have a clue what I was doing (obviously the aim is to not die/lose health when confronting the hordes coming at you... But I wasn't aware that it automatically fired off your range of attacks for you lol). Then lasted 2 minutes, a few 5 minutes, 10+ minutes, then got stuck 14-16 minutes a bunch of times. Finally went over the 20 minute mark last night, then finally managed to last 30 minutes (and died within 5 seconds facing death!).

Have also reached the 30 minute mark in the library.

Need to experiment with more characters and different range of attacks. The forest level, I just used the default character and upgraded the whip (plus the bible, axes etc). The library level I used Gennaro, and focused on upgrading the knives, the garlic, the firebombs (fully ascended them!). Got up to level 80 with chaos (attacks and enemies) everywhere. Managed to survive several near deaths (once I hit the 60's the only "upgrades" that popped up upon level completeion were 25 coins or the turkey to give back some health).

I started playing it on Gamepass a few nights ago.
I've since purchased it on pc via Steam (8 hours of game time so far), so I can have a few runs during my breaks throughout the day!
more and more mechanics and stuff keep appearing

it really pays to try different areas and characters and combos

farming gold is also important

So far I've tried starting with

Gennaro
Pasqualina
Arca
Poe
Cerici
Mortaccio

And building off their startup skills, but I don't get very far as I can't level up fast enough before it gets too overwhelming and I die.
from those Gennaro is probably the best, have you been putting gold into power ups?
Have you tried different power up combos?
Check the unlocks and if you haven't go relic hunting in the unlocked levels, and secret hunting

have you unlocked evolves yet?

from those Gennaro is probably the best, have you been putting gold into power ups?
Have you tried different power up combos?
Check the unlocks and if you haven't go relic hunting in the unlocked levels, and secret hunting

have you unlocked evolves yet?

I like Gennaro for the knives, can build them up pretty quick. Depending on what's available from leveling up I'll target the whip, the bible, that forcefield (that starts small but gets bigger as you upgrade it). I've evolved the fireball in a previous run.

Yes I've upgraded a lot of the startup stats with the gold. Got frustrated to the point where I reset those stats, and plonked the curse up to the maximum in order to challenge myself in the first 2 levels.

I like Gennaro for the knives, can build them up pretty quick. Depending on what's available from leveling up I'll target the whip, the bible, that forcefield (that starts small but gets bigger as you upgrade it). I've evolved the fireball in a previous run.

Yes I've upgraded a lot of the startup stats with the gold. Got frustrated to the point where I reset those stats, and plonked the curse up to the maximum in order to challenge myself in the first 2 levels.
So have you gone relic hunting?
Have you unlocked Evolutions, those two things will help you big time.
You should respec your power ups periodically when you unlock new ones, or can afford strong ones, a bit of juggling there to match your play style early on goes a long way

farming gold will help you progress as well as you can pump up more stats, some weapons are good early game but fall off as you unlock better ones, some are no good early game until you unlock what makes them good.

Getting the map relic will help massively for hunting relics and gear and unlocks in all the levels, if you are getting overwhelmed early then curse is not the powerup you want either

I've still got a few unlocks to get, the list grows as you open up more of the game as well

1669941974338.png

Collection is getting there also
1669941998473.png

I've got 30 base weapons unlocked so far, 21 pieces of equipment and its not quite everything available yet, plus there are other drops/unlocks

What I found was if I was getting stuck on a level, going for more unlocks, relics etc and grinding gold helped power up

Nah I got sick of not progressing in the current level. So I gave myself a challenge for levels 1 and 2 (more because of the achievement attached on the xbox version). I'll reset the stats again when I'll reattempt the current level.

And yes I've unlocked the map and can see (have collected in the available levels so far) the relics/secret items

It's really just a matter of figuring out the right stats to start with and the proper character and weapons to build at the time.

Nah I got sick of not progressing in the current level. So I gave myself a challenge for levels 1 and 2 (more because of the achievement attached on the xbox version). I'll reset the stats again when I'll reattempt the current level.

And yes I've unlocked the map and can see (have collected in the available levels so far) the relics/secret items

It's really just a matter of figuring out the right stats to start with and the proper character and weapons to build at the time.
you can make some very not optimal combinations work if you can get past the humps with them but some combos work much better than others

at the point you are at you want to learn all the evolutions and work out which ones are strong and work to get them in runs, a couple of evolutions will carry you a long way

you can make some very not optimal combinations work if you can get past the humps with them but some combos work much better than others

at the point you are at you want to learn all the evolutions and work out which ones are strong and work to get them in runs, a couple of evolutions will carry you a long way

Yep I'm also studying some youtube runs and picking up tips there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back