List Mgmt. Varcoe stays a Cat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok serious question guys.

What would we want from the brisbane board if we traded Meto?

Obviously the Chappy one made no difference, but can we get a 'Don't you ****ing dare sign Heath Shaw" petition going?
Is sign.

Imagine if we honestly trade for Heath Shaw after cutting Chappy.

May as well start dismantling the new stands at Kardinia as it would be the fast road to ruin!

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

I'd be less surprised only in the sense that they've already milked the draft and "risked" their draft picks on potential player. They need more "we know what we're gonna get" type players.

Varcoe = 5 years of running flanker or outside mid.

The trade could involve Varcoe our pick 20 for pick 9 or Adams, and maybe we get back pick 30-40. That sort of thing.
Bundling our first to Varcoe may get it done I suppose but surely GWS would be looking elsewhere first?

There's precedent - Kane Tenace.

Was it not in 2006 that Bomber said Tenace was one of a handful of "untouchable" players at Geelong who would not be traded? Things change quickly. Varcoe's heroics in the 2011 GF were a long time ago.
wrong, that was said before they swapped moloney for ottens- demons would have preerred tenace, and i would have preferred we kept moloney.
tenace was never untouchable.
what is strange is scott said varcoe was in the next leadership group only 2 weeks before finals

Took him at 15 on potential and he's not worth that now. Anything higher would involve other picks and players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bundling our first to Varcoe may get it done I suppose but surely GWS would be looking elsewhere first?

The issue with Varcoe is his worth.
We know about the wide discrepancy in assessments here.
I suspect that many opposition fans (and entertainment media types) may well have a higher opinion than most coaches, who are much more deeply into analysis of his real effect, especially his consistency.
It's really hard to know.
However, the possibility of a straight trade for a Rd 1 pick seems to me to be sheer fantasy.

Would Melbourne want Rivers back?? :confused:

Nah according to their board their list is amazing. And all our young up and comers are bit part journey men. The only way they'd part with pick 2 is for Selwood.

Still wonder if there is a chance of us doing a 'package' with GWS - doesn't mean I like it - with Varcoe, perhaps Hyphen, and one other, to reshape our picks. 9 would be the dream but about 20 more likely. If we give three mid career players who are not necessarily best 22 and therefore can be rotated in and out if the side as part of their mnagement of game time it might suit them. West might have been part of it pre Mumford? Whether it is to get Selwood jnr or to go to the draft to pick up both a good mid and a KPD, it works for the club: makes space for upgrades as well as 3-4 picks, and perhaps a shot at a really good player.

if he was on the market, not one team would bite, maybe wells is getting too old

Our FA strategy is slightly different to most other clubs. We aren't using it to get a jet in to propel us to the next flag FAs are there to cover the cracks until a youngster is ready to take over.

Johnny Cattery I think the club would rather get a young proven mid i.e. Adams in than dealing for a semi-decent draft pick. But that's just my feeling on it.

Paul Roos might. One senior player, one mid-aged and one kid, all quality for just the one pick...
I suspect Roos has more ambition than that. ;)

I'm open to trading TV.
But after reading the crap from Meto I want him to stay.

I'm all into meltdowns

c1uD8Mk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back